Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

I don't collect retail authentics - or counterfeits. But... looking at the pics...

I'd like to see where the front seam is. I can't tell from the photos.

You can see the back number from the front of the jersey. Is it supposed to be that wide? I'm not sure. The length seems ok, but I'm not sure about the width of the back number. Is it too wide? Or is the front number too narrow?

I'd prefer a darker shade. Seems too red to me.

It's not a bad looking jersey, though.

The front numbers are definitely way smaller than the ones on the back. And it's too red, too. But I think it's worth the price. There are identical jerseys on eBay right now. I picked up a ST 21 knock off for thirty bucks last week. Put it next to the top shelf JC 17 that my wife got me for Christmas and the diffs are glaring, but by itself it looks decent. I'll wear it to places I know I may end up dirty or whatever. Might end up wearing it to work sometimes, too. I left my ST 21 t-shirt laying around at work and somebody snatched it. :doh: Guess I need to be more careful.

I agree, I wish they had a white one...also, that is weird you can see the back number from the front. Dammit.
It's okay to see the back number through the mesh. What's odd, I think, is to see it extending beyond the width of the front number. The number on the back is supposed to be a little bigger on the back, but I don't think the difference should be that glaring - especially in width. I wish I had an authentic reebok laying around that I could check.

But normal people probably won't notice anything different about this jersey (just us abnormal jersey nuts).

To each his own, but I can't see myself dropping 300 chips on an authentic jersey. If you've got the ability to....kudos to you, but if you just want to show your Redskins support, go with what fits within your budget

I have a 05 Cartwright Burgundy gamer (thanks again Mark!). But have no idea which game(s) we played in Burgundy that year to try and narrow down when it was actually worn. Anybody have any suggestions on where I could look/ask to find out?

I have a 05 Cartwright Burgundy gamer (thanks again Mark!). But have no idea which game(s) we played in that year to try and narrow down when it was actually worn. Anybody have any suggestions on where I could look/ask to find out?

We only wore burgandy once in 2005. At Tampa Bay

It's my understanding that a player such as Cartwright would have two burgundy jerseys available to him during a given year. There's also a slight possibility that jersey was used in 2006. Not likely, but possible. If so, you could tell by viewing pics of 2006 and checking the sleeves.

There's also the possibility of pre-season use. Preseason use doesn't mean it wasn't also also used during the season though. You might check gettyimages.com. There's tons of pics on there from games in 2005 and 2006.

We only wore burgandy once in 2005. At Tampa Bay
It's my understanding that a player such as Cartwright would have two burgundy jerseys available to him during a given year. There's also a slight possibility that jersey was used in 2006. Not likely, but possible. If so, you could tell by viewing pics of 2006 and checking the sleeves.

OK thanks guys!

Not a question about a jersey, but I can't figure anywhere else to post on this...

Does anybody have any idea why the Redskins don't sell their practice shorts? The burgandy ones with black triangles pointed up the sides and a Redskins logo on the front, with the players' number at the base of the black triangle?

I think those are so sweet and would definitely get a pair if I could.

If you really want a pair and you're willing to pay, go to josportsco.com and message the staff. Tell them you would like to acquire those shorts. Describe them. They can get them from you directly from the team. Might take a few months though since the team is wearing them currently.

If you really want a pair and you're willing to pay, go to josportsco.com and message the staff. Tell them you would like to acquire those shorts. Describe them. They can get them from you directly from the team. Might take a few months though since the team is wearing them currently.
Awesome, thank you.

Taking a look around the site, a lot of the stuff is pretty expensive, not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for a pair of shorts, no matter how cool they are. And yeah, it'd probably take a long time considering they wear them from now through some practices in the fall I believe.

Yes, they're kinda pricey. But you have to remember you're buying a collector's item.

Take a smelly grass-stained sweat-stained game-worn Jansen jersey, for example. It might cost you $350. Compare that with a typical retail authentic jersey which might cost you $280. The authentic's value will drop like a stone the minute you walk out of the store. But the gamer will tend to retain its value because it's unique.

And I think this would apply to the shorts described above as well.

Sometimes you can find the same thing (e.g. shorts) via retail, but not often. And they certainly wouldn't have a player's numbers on them.

Anywhere to buy the elastic arm jerseys? Those are sweet as hell, reminds me of my highschool jerseys, they were good cause they show the muscles better then the open armed. Was wondering if they are for sale?

Not sure what you mean. If you mean the compression shirts, you can buy them by retail. I've got a couple.

If you mean something like the pic below, I've never seen those, but never looked for them either. I would try to find them by retail first. Otherwise, JO can probably get a pair for you.

In basketball they call them shooting sleeves and they are similar and I think I've seen them advertised on the various online sports sites....eastbay....sports authority etc... Not quite sure what they do and why they wear them on one arm only.

I've seen them on the field worn on two arms. I've seen them cover the elbow too, and go partly up the upper arm. I imagine they would help protect your skin from getting scraped.

I was referring to basketball. In basketball they wear it on one arm only and I don't know why.

Just bought a jersey off ebay, was wondering if it is fake or not. For the record, I am very satisfied with this jersey, to the naked eye, it looks authentic and beautiful, but am also curious as to if it is indeed real or fake. These arent high quality pictures but I am going to post them anyway hopefully you can tell

IMG00044-20090706-1713.jpg

IMG00045-20090706-1713.jpg

IMG00046-20090706-1713.jpg

IMG00047-20090706-1714.jpg

IMG00051-20090706-1719.jpg

IMG00053-20090706-1719.jpg

That burgundy road jersey is a bit off in a few places. For instance, the font in the nameplate should be pro narrow and condensed. The numbering looks good, but you can tell from the zig-zag stitching alone that it unfortunately isn't the real deal. It's a good imitation, though.

I recently put up a used authentic Sean Taylor home jersey on eBay. I bought it back in 2006 from Reebok.com. Here are some of the pictures. If anyone is interested in this jersey, feel free to bid. I just purchased season tickets and want to sell this jersey to offset some of the cost. I'm looking for about $150. It's still in very good condition. There is a slight sticker residue on the No. 6 from the packaging and plastic when I received the jersey, but I'm sure it could be washed out. The jersey comes from a smoke free home and I never washed the jersey. I wore it about a half a dozen times to games at FedEx and it's been hanging in the closet since 2007.

taylorback.jpg

taylorfront.jpg

Archived