Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

There's a thread in the classifieds forum about this. The word is, Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th. They open at 9 AM.

Hey there. To Mark TH and others, I got an e-mail from the team saying the Collector's Sale at the Stadium was on January 24th (Saturday), with no mention of the 23rd. I guess I'll go with that (24th only) unless anybody has definitive confirmation that it will also be going on on the 23rd (Friday). Thanks.

I went to the store in Short Pump this past weekend. Kind of small and not alot of selection. I'm coming back to the area in July and I'll probably go to the Landover store. Is this the best one, or is another store the better one with a bigger selection?
We're talking about Redskins gear, right? I'm only familiar with Maryland stores, and IMO, the Stadium store has more stuff than any of the Maryland stores. Second most is probably Montgomery Mall. The stores in Wheaton Plaza, White Oak, and Lake Forest are relatively small.

You can google

stores locations site:redskins.com

for other locations.

We're talking about Redskins gear, right? I'm only familiar with Maryland stores, and IMO, the Stadium store has more stuff than any of the Maryland stores. Second most is probably Montgomery Mall. The stores in Wheaton Plaza, White Oak, and Lake Forest are relatively small.

You can google

stores locations site:redskins.com

for other locations.

Yes Mark, Redskins gear. I'm looking for authentic Riggins and D. Green jerseys home and away. I was up in VA/MD for a few days and the short pump store in Richmond was along the way. I did google the address. I'll be back in July and will check out the stadium store unless you know a good website to order Riggo and Green authentics.

I seriously doubt they're legit authentics. Pic?

They are def legit. The site is kinda shady. Seems they come straight from China but like I said a friend ordered one and it was perfect. They might have a minor mistake or something but I couldn't tell. $35 is much easier to swallow than the $265 for one from a store...

Yes Mark, Redskins gear. I'm looking for authentic Riggins and D. Green jerseys home and away. I was up in VA/MD for a few days and the short pump store in Richmond was along the way. I did google the address. I'll be back in July and will check out the stadium store unless you know a good website to order Riggo and Green authentics.
I meant gear as opposed to gamers. I"m not sure if they normally stock Riggo and Green jerseys, especially the Riggins. But if I see any on Friday when I'm there, I'll let you know.
They are def legit. The site is kinda shady. Seems they come straight from China but like I said a friend ordered one and it was perfect. They might have a minor mistake or something but I couldn't tell. $35 is much easier to swallow than the $265 for one from a store...
I agree $35 beats $265. I'd love to see a pic or a link. :)

(Mark The Homer: RJR - yes, there's a sticky on top of the forum. I'm going Friday morning anyway for good luck.)

Hey there Mark TH. I'm new to ES. I've read this "sticky" term before, but I don't know what it means. If you could please spoon-feed me whatever information you're trying to share with that reply, I'd apprecitate it. Thanks.

(Mark The Homer: RJR - yes, there's a sticky on top of the forum. I'm going Friday morning anyway for good luck.)

Hey there Mark TH. I'm new to ES. I've read this "sticky" term before, but I don't know what it means. If you could please spoon-feed me whatever information you're trying to share with that reply, I'd apprecitate it. Thanks.

A sticky is a post stuck at the top of the forum.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?t=278735

Another question for everybody about the Collector's Sale. I've never been there before, and I was just wondering if we're allowed to park in the Stadium lots without a parking pass?? Thanks.
Yes, park wherever you want, it's free.
Does anybody out there know if Sonny dressed for Super Bowl VII? I know he was injured, but I don't know if he dressed, or if he was even there. Thanks.
He was lost for the season due to a torn achilles tendon at Yankee Stadium on October 29, 1972.* Therefore, I think we can assume he didn't dress for the superbowl.

* source: Redskins Encyclopedia by Michael Richman

I meant gear as opposed to gamers. I"m not sure if they normally stock Riggo and Green jerseys, especially the Riggins. But if I see any on Friday when I'm there, I'll let you know.

I have about $550 saved up from my work bonuses and I have 2 authentic Monk and 1 70th anny authentic Green. That would be great if they had any. Thanks.

He was lost for the season due to a torn achilles tendon at Yankee Stadium on October 29, 1972.* Therefore, I think we can assume he didn't dress for the superbowl.

* source: Redskins Encyclopedia by Michael Richman

Great book. According to TRE, Billy Kilmer struggled that game, only completing half his passes for 104 yards and 3 INT. The only points we scored were off a fumble return by Mike Bass after a messed up FG attempt.

I have somewhere a photo of Sonny, still on crutches, on the field before the game. Sport jacket and turtleneck (in case you care). A video piece on Sonny claims he was not allowed on the sidelines for the game, part of a running difficulty with Allen.

If I can find the photo, I'll post it.

I have somewhere a photo of Sonny, still on crutches, on the field before the game. Sport jacket and turtleneck (in case you care). A video piece on Sonny claims he was not allowed on the sidelines for the game, part of a running difficulty with Allen.

If I can find the photo, I'll post it.

Thanks, lwiedy. That's helpful, definitely care about the jacket and t-neck detail. So, given that most or all of us can agree that the team had new jerseys made for SB VII, which resulted in the plain block lettering anomaly (as opposed to full block), is it then safe to conclude that the team would not have had a new jersey made for Sonny because it was known that he would not play?

Thanks, lwiedy. That's helpful, definitely care about the jacket and t-neck detail. So, given that most or all of us can agree that the team had new jerseys made for SB VII, which resulted in the plain block lettering anomaly (as opposed to full block), is it then safe to conclude that the team would not have had a new jersey made for Sonny because it was known that he would not play?
My opinion is yes, it's safe to conclude that. But there's one other possibility: Could it be that the team simply replaced the nameplates? Probably not likely, but I don't think it's out of the question.

76906438.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193861A1C1D75ABE90B05984042E4FFC0314EF3EA9A178B7582

Another oddity is - in the below pic, Wilbur has the block font, not the straight font.

79158415.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1933EFCA682023730385D26D303A64BEF444EF3EA9A178B7582

Edit: Did a little research. The Redskins Encyclopedia by Michael Richman states that the Redskins played Miami during the 1972 pre-season. It's possible that getty images mis-categorized (wouldn't be the first time) the above pic which would explain the odd font.

lweidy - the floor is yours.

So what would the story be behind this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270337608964

1. It is a 2004 while Landry was a rookie in 2007

2. He wears size 44 / not 46

If it was a presentation jersey then why not use a 2006.

Good question, Xav. I don't know what the explanation is. Could it be a blank #30 was just laying around the equipment room for three years? I guess it's possible.

Still, I'm not really interested in it. The jersey has too much uncertainty. I hate uncertainty.

Archived