Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Xav - I agree with you. There is something very screwy with that '04. Jason could have worn it in '05 as a left over '04, that's not impossible. But the size is wrong too. And then the missing J is very wrong. I think the seller knows it is possibly a fake, and that's why the auction is starting at 99 cents....

Mark, looks like one of the nfl auction "signed authentic jersey's" but without the nfl certificate.

Mark, looks like one of the nfl auction "signed authentic jersey's" but without the nfl certificate.

I think you're right.

I think we can safely say the jersey is absolutely not a game jersey. I just remembered that single ply numbers and double stitching of the outside of the numbers on the chest didn't start until 2006. Since this jersey has single ply double stitched numbers, it had to be done during 2006 or afterward. No way it was a 2004 or even a 2005 with those numbers. It may have been a blank 2004, and somebody (like the league) stitched the numbers and nameplate to the jersey. Therefore, the jersey has to be a fake. There is no other explanation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Okay, thanks for clarifying that.

I know that the 75th mimiced the uni's worn from 1970-1971. Did the 70th mimic any? I'm seeing online that it was the 60s, but I haven't found specific years.

SOW- Yo. I don't know if anybody ever answered this question as I am about to or if you have found an answer since, but: the helmet worn with that 70th uniform was basically just like the one the Skins wore from 1965-1969. The dark burgundy 70th uniform ROUGHLY resembled the home burgundy uniforms the team wore from 1969-1978. I say ROUGHLY for a few reasons: First, the 70th pants are very similar to the ones from the years I mentioned above, with gold color, and then a white stripe on the sides with a burgundy stripe on either side of the white stripe, but the 70th color of gold and color of burgundy are different from the gold and burgundy used from 69-78. The 70th jersey roughly resembles the 69-78 jerseys in the fact of having those two gold stripes on the jersey sleeves, with the white in between. I believe the original plan for the 70th jerseys was to have three gold stripes with white in between; somewhere in this thread I believe you can find a promo shot of Darrell Green wearing this original prototype with the three gold stripes; you can also find it elsewhere online (I'll try to include it below if I can). But the 70th jersey that the team acutally wore in 2002 and for that one game in 2003 only had the two stripes. Then of course there are the more obvious differences of the arrows on the sleeves and the numbers on the shoulders on the 70th jerseys that were not features of the original 69-78 jersey.

The other way of answering your question is that the historical Skins jersey (69-78) that the 70th jersey mimics roughly, was the burgundy and then home version of the white jerseys that the 75th jersey more closely mimics. The only thing that limits the 75th uniforms to 1970-1971 is the helmet. The team only used that helmet those two years. But as far as jerseys, the 75th mimics very closely the white and then away uniforms of 69-78. The other thing that kind of eliminates 1969 is that in that year there were no names on the back on the jerseys, and also in 1969 all NFL teams used the NFL 50 patch on the player's left shoulder. So if you want to be really strict you can say 70-78, but the main jerseys used in 1969 still fit that bill and it was then that the style of three gold stripes on the sleeves was introduced for the Skins. (This is also not to mention that V-neck jerseys were introduced sometime around 76-77, and previous to that the necks were always round.)

Good informative post, particularly the part about 1969 not having nameplates, and also the timing of the introduction of the V-neck. Not sure if that's detailed in the OP or not, but I suspect not. I'll have to add it. Thank-you. :)

Thanks Mark TH. And thanks and acknowledgements to you for getting this thread started with your initial post. Yeah, I believe it was 1976 that the V-neck came around. Photographic evidence that I've been able to view, such as on Getty Images and looking at 1977 football trading cards which have pictures from 1976 versus 1976 cards with pictures from 1975, etc., supports it. I have worked mainly off of pictures of the white jersey, as I've figured that with the tri-colored collar it would be easier to tell if the collar on one of those was round ("crew") or V-neck, compared with the collars on the burgundy jersey.

It is legit, all the "redskins" on those looked like that.

I agree with WPNS 3/5 on this one. I have a couple of the 70th anniversary jerseys and I have really yet to see counterfeit Redskins jersey with that patch on it. The sleeves on the jersey look correct and the font for the Redskins jersey seem to be in order. If you really want a Bruce Smith Redskins jersey, you should go for it.

• 3 weeks later...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Washington-Redskins-LaRon-Landry-30_W0QQitemZ110494354830QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item19b9fa0d8e

This Landry is being sold by the same guy from Connecticut that unleashed a profane laden post against MTH a year or so ago. He is now DBA "washred21". He seems to have somewhat accurately stated that the Landry is not real. However, if the item is like the one I got it originally did have a neck tag that was from 2004...these were being sold by some guy from Wisconsin for IIRC $300.

• 2 weeks later...
Retail jerseys, maybe. Game jerseys, no.
Didn't Puma make the jersey's for a year or two?

NFL licensing gave all apparel rights to Reebok in 2002. However, before that teams chose their own apparel brand (Nike, Puma etc.) I remember that the Colts, Browns,Vikings, Rams, Eagles and Bengals had Puma in 2000. It might have been only for a year or two, but Puma definitely made Game Jerseys.

Mark, I take no pleasure in correcting our resident guru, but it had to be done. ;) Cheers bud!

-S&S

jawarren85.jpg

92Rams02-09TJ.JPG

Here was a kind of interesting listing on eBay. I'm not convinced it was a Redskins jersey though, so I didn't bid much. I didn't like the way the "2" looked. Also, it had to have been 1960 or later due to the jock tag.

!BmVjiygBGk~$%28KGrHqUOKjMEtlsljPbrBLfU931U%29!~~_35.JPG!BmVj3IQ!Wk~$(KGrHqEOKi8EtjBlNMvDBLfU-m2NL!~~_35.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190374050971&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fshop.ebay.com%3A80%2F%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dp4695.m38.l1313%26_nkw%3D190374050971%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Authentic-Redskins-Joe-Theismann-jersey-42-WILSON_W0QQitemZ270477904111QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item3ef9bd48ef

I'm sick and tired of all these idiots selling FAKES! This auction is for an Authentic Washington Redskins Joe Theismann jersey in size 42. This jersey was from the 1994 and made by WILSON! This has the correct 75th Anniversary patch!!! This is a must have for the Reskins or Theismann fan! Joe Theismann is an all-time Redskin. Enough said.

Any "Reskins" fan would tell you that in 1994, not only did Joey T not play for the Redskins, the Redskins used Starter for their jerseys.

I also consider myself an expert on Jerseys , Tickets and pretty much everything and anything Redskins.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1994-Authentic-Redskins-Joe-Theismann-jersey-42-WILSON_W0QQitemZ270477904111QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item3ef9bd48ef

I'm sick and tired of all these idiots selling FAKES! This auction is for an Authentic Washington Redskins Joe Theismann jersey in size 42. This jersey was from the 1994 and made by WILSON! This has the correct 75th Anniversary patch!!! This is a must have for the Reskins or Theismann fan! Joe Theismann is an all-time Redskin. Enough said.

Any "Reskins" fan would tell you that in 1994, not only did Joey T not play for the Redskins, the Redskins used Starter for their jerseys.

I also consider myself an expert on Jerseys , Tickets and pretty much everything and anything Redskins.

Yeah, that guy sells fakes. He's been doing it for years. It's funny because he belittles all the other sellers of fakes while he himself sells fakes. What jumps out at me with the Theismann jersey is the "7". Did the Redskins ever wear a 7 that looked like that? I don't think so. The jersey sucks.

81338294.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA5489CC232E6045047D488570DA42E6A6523057B90615632B8DB

What makes things confusing though is the retail versions. There's tons of different manufacturers of Redskins retail jerseys, and they don't always match the manufacturers for the gamers of a particular year.

That one could actually be authentic - and this is one of the problems I have with the team and/or the league's use of the word authentic.

Compare:

!Bjv5D!wBWk~$(KGrHqMOKiEEslOYYzCeBLU0mn!e!Q~~_35.JPG

Check this out:

dcp4116sgm6.jpg

Believe it or not, the #14 is my jersey and it's a 2000 AUTHENTIC Brad Johnson jersey which I bought directly from the team via their online store. And let me assure you, it's a piece of ****. I only paid $40 for it, but still, there's a principle involved here. It's crap. The stripes are ridiculously narrow - not even close to the stripes on a game jersey. And the friggin' Adidas logo is a patch. A patch???? Yes, a patch. :wtf: IT IS SUPPOSED TO EMBROIDERED.

And the teams calls it "authentic."

:ols:

It is outrageous that they would sell this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1997-Authentic-Redskins-Reggie-Brooks-jersey-STARTER-52_W0QQitemZ280446596839QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Football_Fan_Shop?hash=item414beb76e7

Reggie brooks retired in 1996, but has a 1997 Authentic available.

I think its a real deal, just a 1995

Yeah, there are tons of Brooks burgundy jerseys out there. Many of them come with the NFL 75th anni patch. On this one, I don't like the way the sleeves stop at the underarm.

Archived