Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL network Adam Schefter: "Cowboys have THE most talent in NFL"

adamyesme1111

He said that the Cowboys had THE most talent in the NFL and that it was indisputable.

Someone else on the cast also said that they had the best o-line in the NFL no doubt....

WDF??? Both of those things they said are VERY disputable...since I happen to disagree and I am sure alot of people will.

The chargers, patriots, steelers, colts, jaguars, packers, and seahawks might have something to say about that. The cowboys could very well be the most talented team in the nfc (note talent doesn't always equal success) but no way they are in the nfl. Heck i would even say the giants have a roster equal to the cowboys in terms of talent (just not probowl accolades).

The boys do have talent all over the place, but as we have seen, talent doesn't always equal success in the playoffs. The Pats(getting older), Chargers, Colts, and even the Giants have just as much talent. The Cowboys coaches need to figure out a way to bring out the talent in all their players and equate it to wins in the playoffs.

Someone else on the cast also said that they had the best o-line in the NFL no doubt....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no seriously, where did they rank them?

everyone talked about how great they were last season, but they didn't have much better numbers than the Skins OL that had numerous injuries and a new RG

If Romo sits to pee wasn't so mobile they would have given up twice as many sacks :laugh:

It seems that no matter where we turn, there are always going to be football analysts riding the Dallas jock. Schefter gives some good information, but he's TERRIBLE at analyzing teams. There are guys that I throughly enjoy listening to who actually know what they're talking about (Eisen, Woodson, Charles, Mayock) but then there are some guys on NFL Network who are downright atrocious (Wilcox, Faulk, Sanders).

Most talent in the league? Try giving that title to the San Diego Chargers or the New England Patriots. While I'm of the belief that talent doesn't always equal a championship, these two teams are above and beyond all the other teams in the area of talent. In the NFC, the Cowboys are among the more talented groups, but even without Favre I say the Packers are the most talented. Despite what these analysts would love to believe, all the teams in the NFC East are quite close to each other in terms of talent.

Best offensive line in the league?! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

no seriously, where did rank them?

everyone talked about how great they were last season, but they didn't have much better numbers than the Skins OL that had numerous injuries and a new RG

If Romo sits to pee wasn't so mobile they would have given up twice as many sacks :laugh:

I don't know if everyone talked about how great the OL was but tr1 sure did. What with their play allowing a very ordinary Romo sits to pee to put up numbers like a Top 5 QB and a decrepit TO score 15tds.

Anything positive about the Cowboy's play can apparently be directly related to their OL performance. The OL pass-blocking allows Romordinary throw 36 tds thus causing the opponents to have to throw more frequently which is why a overhyped DeWhere amassed 14 sacks. Where should have taken the OL to Hawaii for the ProBowl for their allowing him to shine. Then again, it wouldn't have cost that much since 3 already had their way paid.

What interests me is how much the Cowboy fans are buying into this "most talented team in NFL " rubbish . It is almost as if they won more than one game in December and January and made an improbable run to the superbowl and defeated an 18-0 team in the process .... :doh:

The boys are talented but they have problems just as every team not least the skins ? They are unproven at RB (Hambrick showed promise as Emmits backup) have a very old WR group and traded away their depth behind Witten at TE.

On defense Ware is a beast and Ellis a nice surprise but they are relying on an old injury plagued LB in the middle and still have to find a place for the 05 an 06 first round picks .

While Ware is a real stud his fellow 1st round choice Spears is looking less impressive as is the entire D line .

Secondary wise Newman is okay but Henry is really safety playing corner Jones 12 months out of football may not be playing until mid September and will have more of an impact as a returner than a DB and Jenkins is a rookie as is Sandrick who is impressing in shirts an shorts ...

Safety in my mind is something more of a worry . Williams is looking exposed and his love for the game is waining ... Hamlin is he the real thing ? How will he like playing under the franchise tag while everyone else gets the big bucks ?

13-3 is a big high..if players get complacent its a long fall ...

The chargers, patriots, steelers, colts, jaguars, packers, and seahawks might have something to say about that. The cowboys could very well be the most talented team in the nfc (note talent doesn't always equal success) but no way they are in the nfl. Heck i would even say the giants have a roster equal to the cowboys in terms of talent (just not probowl accolades).

I notice that none of these NFL pundits ever offer any specific criteria for what they mean by talent. So to make any claim that the Cowboys or any other team is the "most talented" doesn't really mean anything.

But I will argue against the notion that the AFC will remain the superior conference over the NFC. The Giants, Cowboys, and Packers are capable of beating anybody on any given Sunday. And if the Redskins ever get settled at QB (and somehow overcome their DL deficiencies), they also have a pretty good base. The Eagles and Vikings could also end up surprising a lot of teams.

As far as the AFC goes, I'm just not sold on the Chargers, Colts, or the Jaguars (not yet anyway). They just don't scare me.

Can Redskin fan clarify "suck" and stats that prove Dallas isnt a talented team, without using the words Dallas sucks because they are not the Redskins. Who had a glorious year not because of Campbell.

Bottomline, suck it up 13 players to the pro bowl. You can scream fans dont know how to judge talent unless they pick a redskin. You can also scream the coaches dont know talent, unless they picked a redskin. But can you say the players on the field dont know talent, unless they play the redskins. Who are the most talented, glorious team because your glasses show it?

Doesnt matter if fans across the NFL care or understand, and believe me, even the NFL itself doesnt. Bottomline, that offensive line helped propel them to the number 2 spot. If this had been the Redskins, there would be no telling you different. I've read your board for a while.

Dallas took a chance on Leonard Davis and it paid off. They took a chance on Colombo and it paid off and they took a chance on Kosier and it paid off. Flozel Adams, despite his loss of hearing and false starts is a real good lineman. Andre Gurode has been a very good center. The line was able to pull, man handle and break down some very solid defensive units. Let me clear this up for you. Before Dallas beat Chicago, Chicago was generating some respectable talk about the defense again. It was building up steam, but deflated right after Dallas beat them easily.

The Dallas Cowboys was racking up good numbers and manhandling some very good players and wearing them down to the point of injury.

If you are going to talk football and not just Redskins rule, than you have to admit that the Cowboys offensive line did a good job last year.

If you are going to tout Sean Taylor was a pro bowl saftey and you dont want to take that away from him, granted you can, but than you have to admit 13 players to the pro bowl is an accomplishment and all 13 Dallas players are pro bowl players. 13 players from 1 team is a freaking talented team, you cant deny that.

If you are going to tout Sean Taylor was a pro bowl saftey and you dont want to take that away from him, granted you can, but than you have to admit 13 players to the pro bowl is an accomplishment and all 13 Dallas players are pro bowl players. 13 players from 1 team is a freaking talented team, you cant deny that.

Low football I.Q. alert! If you actually believe those 13 players deserved to go to the probowl then every other opinion you have don't mean jack ****.

Only 3 or 4 of those players should of went. Roy Williams? hell no! Marion Barber? hell no. Andre Gurode? hell no. Need I continue on?

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :point2sky

no seriously, where did they rank them?

Where do you find these numbers? Not that I don't believe you (I do find it hard to believe considering how it took a while for the right side to get going). There's no way the Cowboys have the best Oline or most talent for that matter.

But I will argue against the notion that the AFC will remain the superior conference over the NFC. The Giants, Cowboys, and Packers are capable of beating anybody on any given Sunday. And if the Redskins ever get settled at QB (and somehow overcome their DL deficiencies), they also have a pretty good base. The Eagles and Vikings could also end up surprising a lot of teams.

As far as the AFC goes, I'm just not sold on the Chargers, Colts, or the Jaguars (not yet anyway). They just don't scare me.

I think last year showed that the NFC has caught up. The Patriots and Colts are NFL powerhouses, but not only did an NFC team win the Superbowl, but the NFC had a winning record against the AFC in the regular season.

He said that the Cowboys had THE most talent in the NFL and that it was indisputable.

WDF??? Both of those things they said are VERY disputable...since I happen to disagree and I am sure alot of people will.

I think you might get a few to agree with you on a redskins board ehhh? :rolleyes: Especially when you manipulate what was said.

Everyone going nutz over Shefter's comments obviously didn't see the piece and the OP is taking what was said out of context. Shefter did in fact state that Dallas' roster from top to bottom is one of the best in terms of sheer talent and Dukes did praise Dallas' O-line but those comments were followed by the idea that Dallas needs to manifest that talent into PLAYOFF WINS as many of you are pointing out.

The next minute or so they pointed out flaws with Dallas. Shefter went on to say that just because you win 13 games one year doesn't mean that same momentum, confidence and most importantly health carries over to the next. Dukes went on to say that his biggest question mark was Tony Romo sits to pee proving he can get it done in the post season. Rod Woodson went on to break down our WR core as a potential weakness pointing out that TO was our only real game changer on offense, Glenn's shaky status and not much experience behind Crayton. This prompted Eisen and Shefter to speculate that we may attempt to land a veteran WR this offseason.

So while they did praise Dallas some in terms of talent, which is pretty accurate, it wasn't a Dallas slurpfest as the OP wants you to believe.

Archived