Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL network Adam Schefter: "Cowboys have THE most talent in NFL"

adamyesme1111

Obviously you are not good with numbers, take it from a math major, 1899>1737. Obviously you also lack logic skills. If Witten has his best year with T.O., then how is he just as productive without him? I think I just heard a tiny explosion. Was it DigD's brain?

Amazing how Witten starts blowing up as soon as T.O. is on the team. Coincidence? I think not.

Your premise was Witten "blew up" AS SOON AS T.O. joined the team.

In 2006 vs 2005

JW had 2 less catches, 3 less yds, & 5 less TDs in 1st yr playing with TO

In 2006 vs 2004-05 ( 2 seasons starting)

In 2006----JW had 64 catches 754 yds & 1td

04-05(avg)JW avg 76.5 catches 868.5 yds & 6 tds

I wasn't a smart math major like you but the major numbers JW had as soon as TO joined the team went down. It would appear Jason's blowing up had a very long fuse.

What was the driving force behind the better numbers in the 2nd yr? No more Bledsoe and Romo sits to pee developing into a very good QB.

Your premise was Witten "blew up" AS SOON AS T.O. joined the team.

In 2006 vs 2005

JW had 2 less catches, 3 less yds, & 5 less TDs in 1st yr playing with TO

In 2006 vs 2004-05 ( 2 seasons starting)

In 2006----JW had 64 catches 754 yds & 1td

04-05(avg)JW avg 76.5 catches 868.5 yds & 6 tds

I wasn't a smart math major like you but the major numbers JW had as soon as TO joined the team went down. It would appear Jason's blowing up had a very long fuse.

What was the driving force behind the better numbers in the 2nd yr? No more Bledsoe and Romo sits to pee developing into a very good QB.

See, a good response for a change. I say it was T.O., and you say it was Romo sits to pee--at least you have some sort of logic behind your hypothesis. If you consider one year "a long fuse" then I guess you have a point. Duly noted.

There's a big ol READ ME at the top of the Forum addressing oppossing fans. I suggest that the poke fans in this thread go read it. Or have someone read it outloud to them.:)

they know it, they just think it's for other teams fans :doh:

See, a good response for a change. I say it was T.O., and you say it was Romo sits to pee--at least you have some sort of logic behind your hypothesis. If you consider one year "a long fuse" then I guess you have a point. Duly noted.

I just look at what was different from year one w/TO & year 2. TO was the same WR but the QB position took a quantuum leap in year 2 from Bledsoe to Romo sits to pee.

BigMike is never right. We sometimes create the illusion that allows him to think he is. But only when we need a really good laugh. :D

BigMike's a good guy. He talks smack like everybody else sometimes, but he also makes an effort to include people and balances out the smack with football talk. I hope others see that about him.

BigMike's a good guy. He talks smack like everybody else sometimes, but he also makes an effort to include people and balances out the smack with football talk. I hope others see that about him.

I agree I like Mike for the most part

REgardless of what the voting system is, fans much like you, will cry scream protest their way until their players are in.

Wrong! I dont give two ****s about the pro bowl. I dont even watch it. Its just a popularity contest and has nothing to do with real stats or talent. Hence the reason the voting is finished WAY before the season is done.

Let me do this first, tell me how the voting should be, since according to you the coaches dont know the first thing about talent nor can devote their time to watching players, screw the film they get.

Yeah, because all coaches throw their game planning out the window, so they can devote their time to talent evaluation and pro-bowl voting. Come on guy! Are you serious with this crap?

Second, deny our record. Beat some really bad teams, which every team gets to do, beat some good teams, THe Bears, Packers, Giants were all bringing lots of love when Dallas came and beat them. We lost to the Patriots, i was okay with that.

And you should be. The Pukes had one hell of a season. NOt "Best in the NFL" kind of season. (Hint Hint)... <leans in and whispers>They did not get to the superbowl.

You going to go with the vet WR thing. OKay, when that vet wasnt on the field how did Dallas' offensive ranking do?

Your TE played great... that still does not equate to a "best in the league" receiving corp...

You dont like our offensive line? Who did better with sacks, adjusting their line, and opening holes? Give me talent, give me stats, defend your point. Tell me who averaged more injuries too, because this offensive line started mauling people.

I dont think you know what your are trying to get at. A soon as the NFL post some stats for injuring defenders with the maulers... I will post them. Until then the O line was good. Made alot of mistakes though. You need to replace that center. He is the false start king and cant long snap to save his life...

Tell me what other team can operate without their starting WR. You dont like Terrel, okay i can see that, how did Washington do when Moss went down?

Plenty of them can. They do every year. Again, this does not equate to "best" status. Our receiveing corp sucked pretty much all year, but that is not what this thead is about. Stay on topic.

We nearly got two 1000 yard running backs on the team, how many other teams did that. Which teams were better and what were the yardage and TD ratio. Tho Dallas wasnt a run first team, and relied heavily on Romo sits to pee;s arm, of course our running backs werent great, but one of them kept getting into the end zone and making the most of his carries.

You talk back and forth way too much. The run game was good. Not great. I am getting pretty tired of repeating myself so I will end here. Just enjoy your ranking by Schefter. I really doen care if you think its totally correct. Time will tell... wont it?

On paper they might, but as far as the O line, I think Minny takes that title. I'd say they have the best D line as well.

**** dallas

Minny or the Colts have the best O line. But Dallas, come on. I guess Schefter's just going by pro bowl votes, since that is the end all reasoning about anything NFL with him.

As for Jason Witten, as a die hard Redskin fan, I would LOVE to see Witten on another team, the guy is a freak of nature and one hell of a tight end. He and Cooley are in the top 5 in the league, with Crumpler, Gates, and Gonzo. The order they rank is completely subjective, however.

Can't see how the Pats aren't considered to have the most talent, unless you only count who went to the pro bowl.

What interests me is how much the Cowboy fans are buying into this "most talented team in NFL " rubbish . It is almost as if they won more than one game in December and January and made an improbable run to the superbowl and defeated an 18-0 team in the process .... :doh:

The boys are talented but they have problems just as every team not least the skins ? They are unproven at RB (Hambrick showed promise as Emmits backup) have a very old WR group and traded away their depth behind Witten at TE.

On defense Ware is a beast and Ellis a nice surprise but they are relying on an old injury plagued LB in the middle and still have to find a place for the 05 an 06 first round picks .

While Ware is a real stud his fellow 1st round choice Spears is looking less impressive as is the entire D line .

Secondary wise Newman is okay but Henry is really safety playing corner Jones 12 months out of football may not be playing until mid September and will have more of an impact as a returner than a DB and Jenkins is a rookie as is Sandrick who is impressing in shirts an shorts ...

Safety in my mind is something more of a worry . Williams is looking exposed and his love for the game is waining ... Hamlin is he the real thing ? How will he like playing under the franchise tag while everyone else gets the big bucks ?

13-3 is a big high..if players get complacent its a long fall ...

Good post.

:)

Archived