Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL network Adam Schefter: "Cowboys have THE most talent in NFL"

adamyesme1111

Low football I.Q. alert! If you actually believe those 13 players deserved to go to the probowl then every other opinion you have don't mean jack ****.

Only 3 or 4 of those players should of went. Roy Williams? hell no! Marion Barber? hell no. Andre Gurode? hell no. Need I continue on?

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :point2sky

instead of throwing around insults, especially about something you either dont understand nor can read, ask someone to teach you. I said if "you" dont believe, than you get the drift.

I didnt say i believed it. I will state, Dallas put 13 players into the Pro Bowl last year and you can debate that til you are red in the face. Thats your time and your business.

I am saying, if you want to say one player on your team was a pro bowl regardless of whats up for debate, than you have to accept that Dallas has put players into the pro bowl, look up the number for last year.

It becomes a mirrored arguement that goes no where.

What interests me is how much the Cowboy fans are buying into this "most talented team in NFL " rubbish . It is almost as if they won more than one game in December and January and made an improbable run to the superbowl and defeated an 18-0 team in the process .... :doh:

The comment was made by an NFL analyst and not a Cowboy fan. The analysts comments were taken out of context by the OP. Relax.

The boys are talented but they have problems just as every team not least the skins ? They are unproven at RB (Hambrick showed promise as Emmits backup) have a very old WR group and traded away their depth behind Witten at TE.

Dallas has flaws like any other team. Agreed, but are you really comparing Troy Hambrick to Marion Barber? Barber is proven he just hasn't started a full season. MB is a pro-bowl running back he just hasn't been the starter by name. In case you hadn't noticed we have promising TE Tony Curtis on our roster and drafted a TE with our second round pick.

On defense Ware is a beast and Ellis a nice surprise but they are relying on an old injury plagued LB in the middle and still have to find a place for the 05 an 06 first round picks .

We're not "relying" on Zack Thomas. What '05 picks to we have to find a place for? Bobby Carpenter will compete with Zack Thomas for a starting job.

While Ware is a real stud his fellow 1st round choice Spears is looking less impressive as is the entire D line .

Spears is solid although not spectacular. The rest of the D-line is solid including Canty, Ratliff, and Hatcher.

Secondary wise Newman is okay but Henry is really safety playing corner Jones 12 months out of football may not be playing until mid September and will have more of an impact as a returner than a DB and Jenkins is a rookie as is Sandrick who is impressing in shirts an shorts ...

:laugh: Newman is a pro-bowler and widely considered a top 5 corner. There is talk of Henry playing safety but he is and always has been a corner. In fact, he led the team in pics (6- one TD ret.) despite missing several games to injury. Jenkins and Scandrick are rookies. Good observation.

Come on, let's give the Tuna, his due.

Not that I'm a big fan of the Cowboys -- but I think the Parcells left Dallas' roster in pretty good shape. And while I can't stand Jerry Jones (it's a Tom Landry thing), I concede how he's been willing to pay whatever it takes to sign up marquee talent. (I also note he's been willing to compromise on the character issue, too.) :rolleyes:

Folks, Dallas had a very good draft in 2005 and picked up some really decent talent. They've been a big player in free-agency-- look at Leonard Davis who was a great, put costly pickup. There's also "Tank" will turn out to be a great pickup, especially in Texas where attitudes about firearms are slightly different than Illinois. T.O., Hamlin, even Pacman -- these are marquee signings of talented players. What I note is that Dallas also has built a solid running game through the draft; Barber is a good back, and Felix Jones is solid. Jenkins and Barnett (TE) were two highly-rated players out of the 2008 draft. Folks, one has to at least acknowledge how efficiently Dallas has been re-stocking and that a great deal of their talent pool is entering prime years.

However, talent does not equate to coordinated team performance and more wins. Sure, Dallas has got lots of players who the media knows and loves, but that's not always a good thing. Many players whose personalities or careers feed off of that media 'love' often take steps to get it, which turn out to be destructive to team chemistry, and other important things.

Strangely enough, Coach Wade Phillips might be the right right preside over this Dallas zoo. He's got an easy way of handling the cut-ups and seems to have kept the team chemistry still in balance. But if Wade's team doesn't go far enough into the playoffs quickly enough, then things will start to unravel in Dallas--and that includes players and the FO.

So, talent aside, 2008 is the make-or-break season for Dallas to show whether they can go really deep into the playoffs. And, even with talent, being able to meet that kind of high expectation is not always a sure thing. Should the 2008 Cowboy post- season fizzle -- the glow goes off of the Dallas roster, and things will start to unravel.

NFC-wise, you've got to consider Dallas as very talented, the only question is far does that talent translate into the post-season?

I think you might get a few to agree with you on a redskins board ehhh? :rolleyes: Especially when you manipulate what was said.

Everyone going nutz over Shefter's comments obviously didn't see the piece and the OP is taking what was said out of context. Shefter did in fact state that Dallas' roster from top to bottom is one of the best in terms of sheer talent and Dukes did praise Dallas' O-line but those comments were followed by the idea that Dallas needs to manifest that talent into PLAYOFF WINS as many of you are pointing out.

The next minute or so they pointed out flaws with Dallas. Shefter went on to say that just because you win 13 games one year doesn't mean that same momentum, confidence and most importantly health carries over to the next. Dukes went on to say that his biggest question mark was Tony Romo sits to pee proving he can get it done in the post season. Rod Woodson went on to break down our WR core as a potential weakness pointing out that TO was our only real game changer on offense, Glenn's shaky status and not much experience behind Crayton. This prompted Eisen and Shefter to speculate that we may attempt to land a veteran WR this offseason.

So while they did praise Dallas some in terms of talent, which is pretty accurate, it wasn't a Dallas slurpfest as the OP wants you to believe.

I did not take what was said out of context...When they were talking about weaknesses they stated that "It is hard to find one on this Dallas team".

The only weakness they could come up with is Tony Romo sits to pee and if he can play good when he needs to.

I used his EXACT words when he said that the Cowboys have THE MOST talent in the NFL INDISPUTED.

When talking about their o-line they really emphasized the word the when they said "The Cowboys have THE best o-line in the NFL"

Yeah they "praised" them on talent...is that all they did?

My mistake I guess...:doh:

The comment was made by an NFL analyst and not a Cowboy fan. The analysts comments were taken out of context by the OP. Relax.

Dallas has flaws like any other team. Agreed, but are you really comparing Troy Hambrick to Marion Barber? Barber is proven he just hasn't started a full season. MB is a pro-bowl running back he just hasn't been the starter by name. In case you hadn't noticed we have promising TE Tony Curtis on our roster and drafted a TE with our second round pick.

We're not "relying" on Zack Thomas. What '05 picks to we have to find a place for? Bobby Carpenter will compete with Zack Thomas for a starting job.

Spears is solid although not spectacular. The rest of the D-line is solid including Canty, Ratliff, and Hatcher.

:laugh: Newman is a pro-bowler and widely considered a top 5 corner. There is talk of Henry playing safety but he is and always has been a corner. In fact, he led the team in pics (6- one TD ret.) despite missing several games to injury. Jenkins and Scandrick are rookies. Good observation.

There you go saying someone is a "pro-bowler" since that automatically makes them a star right? No wonder Marion Barber is going to become the next Emmit Smith and Roy Williams' doesn't have coverage problems right???

I have never heard ANY analyst consider Newman a top 5 corner...EVER

I did not take what was said out of context...When they were talking about weaknesses they stated that "It is hard to find one on this Dallas team".

The only weakness they could come up with is Tony Romo sits to pee and if he can play good when he needs to.

I used his EXACT words when he said that the Cowboys have THE MOST talent in the NFL INDISPUTED.

When talking about their o-line they really emphasized the word the when they said "The Cowboys have THE best o-line in the NFL"

Yeah they "praised" them on talent...is that all they did?

My mistake I guess...:doh:

Looking at the roster from top to bottom, it's hard to dispute this although, depending on who you speak to, you'll get various answers. Dallas had 13 pro-bowlers, 3 on the O-line alone. My point was that they stressed talent alone doesn't win championships and they also pointed out flaws which you didn't include.

Come on, let's give the Tuna, his due.

Not that I'm a big fan of the Cowboys -- but I think the Parcells left Dallas' roster in pretty good shape. And while I can't stand Jerry Jones (it's a Tom Landry thing), I concede how he's been willing to pay whatever it takes to sign up marquee talent. (I also note he's been willing to compromise on the character issue, too.) :rolleyes:

Folks, Dallas had a very good draft in 2005 and picked up some really decent talent. They've been a big player in free-agency-- look at Leonard Davis who was a great, put costly pickup. There's also "Tank" will turn out to be a great pickup, especially in Texas where attitudes about firearms are slightly different than Illinois. T.O., Hamlin, even Pacman -- these are marquee signings of talented players. What I note is that Dallas also has built a solid running game through the draft; Barber is a good back, and Felix Jones is solid. Jenkins and Barnett (TE) were two highly-rated players out of the 2008 draft. Folks, one has to at least acknowledge how efficiently Dallas has been re-stocking and that a great deal of their talent pool is entering prime years.

However, talent does not equate to coordinated team performance and more wins. Sure, Dallas has got lots of players who the media knows and loves, but that's not always a good thing. Many players whose personalities or careers feed off of that media 'love' often take steps to get it, which turn out to be destructive to team chemistry, and other important things.

Strangely enough, Coach Wade Phillips might be the right right preside over this Dallas zoo. He's got an easy way of handling the cut-ups and seems to have kept the team chemistry still in balance. But if Wade's team doesn't go far enough into the playoffs quickly enough, then things will start to unravel in Dallas--and that includes players and the FO.

So, talent aside, 2008 is the make or break season for Dallas to show whether hey can go really deep into the playoffs. And, even with talent, being able to meet that kind of high expectation is not alwasy a sure thing. Should the 2008 Cowboy post- season fizzle -- the glow goes off of the Dallasroster, and things will start to unravel.

NFC-wise, you've got to consider Dallas as very talented, the only question is far does that talent translate into the post-season?

They deffinitely have a very talented team on paper. I just can't see anybody saying they have for sure have more talent then any other team in the NFL. They might be, in the top 5?? MAYBE....but I don't see them having the most talent.

There you go saying someone is a "pro-bowler" since that automatically makes them a star right? No wonder Marion Barber is going to become the next Emmit Smith and Roy Williams' doesn't have coverage problems right???

I have never heard ANY analyst consider Newman a top 5 corner...EVER

It doesn't make anyone a star but Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Champ Bailey are pro-bowlers. Although the fans represent 1/3 of the vote coaches and other players represent the other 2/3's. Using the pro-bowl is a fluke thing when it's NOT one of your players being discussed gets old and lame dude.

Plenty of analysts consider Newman a top 5 corner. Only Champ, Samuel, Cromartie, Trufant, and Mathis are even in the discussion IMO.

Looking at the roster from top to bottom, it's hard to dispute this although, depending on who you speak to, you'll get various answers. Dallas had 13 pro-bowlers, 3 on the O-line alone. My point was that they stressed talent alone doesn't win championships and they also pointed out flaws which you didn't include.

What flaws did they point out?? They talked about them going after a veteran reciever because Jerry Jones has been included in all those trades with Chad Johnson and Roy Williams. Do you REALLY think that they think they need another VETERAN reciever...they have T.O. and Glenn, they need some YOUNG recievers if you ask me, I don't think they were saying they personally thought that was a flaw.

When they went to talk about the flaws, one of them said "I can't think of ANY on this team!"

and others said "Yeah it is very hard to find some weaknesses on this team."

When going around the table, I believe Jamie Dukes came up with one flaw and that was Tony Romo sits to pee's play when it counts...that was the only thing they said.

The thing is, I wasn't talking about the whole segment...I was talking about the comment Schefter made about them having the most talent in the NFL and that that statement was indisputable...So why are you calling me out saying they weren't building up Dallas way more then they deserve, saying they talked about flaws when if you hear what they said about their flaws you will realize how much more of a Dallas Cowboys love fest it was... :rolleyes:

It doesn't make anyone a star but Randy Moss, Reggie Wayne, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Champ Bailey are pro-bowlers. Although the fans represent 1/3 of the vote coaches and other players represent the other 2/3's. Using the pro-bowl is a fluke thing when it's NOT one of your players being discussed gets old and lame dude.

Plenty of analysts consider Newman a top 5 corner. Only Champ, Samuel, Cromartie, Trufant, and Mathis are even in the discussion IMO.

Maybe plenty regard him of top 10...I bet you if all the analysts made a top 10 Corner list, Newman wouldn't been in the top 5 in hardly any of them.

Not to take away from him, he is a good corner I guess...but your building your players up more then us Skins' fans build up ours...

Obviously the NFL Network doesn't drug test. I think the Colts and Chargers have the most talent. Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Freeney, Sanders. Then Tomlinson, Cromartie, Merriman, Rivers. I think the Cowboys are overrated. 12 Pro bowler is bs. "That's a popularity contest" Their Pro bowlers should have been Romo sits to pee, T.O, Witten, Ware, and Flozell Adams. Portis was robbed. Barber didn't deserve to go! Mr. -1 yard. Anywayz Adam Schefter is crazy.

:rant:

Obviously the NFL Network doesn't drug test. I think the Colts and Chargers have the most talent. Manning, Harrison, Wayne, Addai, Freeney, Sanders. Then Tomlinson, Cromartie, Merriman, Rivers. I think the Cowboys are overrated. 12 Pro bowler is bs. "That's a popularity contest" Their Pro bowlers should have been Romo sits to pee, T.O, Witten, Ware, and Flozell Adams. Portis was robbed. Barber didn't deserve to go! Mr. -1 yard. Anywayz Adam Schefter is crazy.

:rant:

Merriman sacks went down after the steriods were stopped being used. Ware over Merriman is always the case because many feel Ware is a more complete defensive player. Merriman was set up for sacks and when it became apperant thats all he was good for, his stock dropped.

There is noooo debating Tomlinson, but Tomilson and his back up RB and third RB are how good? There is a good chance that the RB stable of the Cowboys is better since the Cowboys went Marion Barber, first round pick Felix Jones and 4th round pick, some say really good RB Tasard Choice. Now overall that has a better chance of being a complete RB set than say Tomlinson and the poor **** to has to fill in for Tomlinson.

Rivers is a good QB, Romo sits to pee has been a better QB from out the gates. Rivers has slipped, Romo sits to pee hasnt yet. Length is a factor here, nothing more.

Harrison, Wayne. Terrel Owens, Terry Glenn, Patrick Crayton. Good chance thats a better corp. Harrison might carry the load and the other guys are distraction, both Terrel Owens and Terry Glenn have had great careers and both can lead a team when giving the chance.

You see how this is working?

Who cares about the talent comment? Talent doesn't mean anything if a team falls apart at season's end. We have to admit, Dallas was rolling up until the last few games or so. But they could not sustain it. Dallas has to figure that out.

As for the Pro bowl, 13 players should translate into more than a one and out in the playoffs. It wasn't just NY's defense that beat Dallas, their mediocre offense did to. NY has a great defense, but an opposing defense can easily shut NY down.

Who cares about the talent comment? Talent doesn't mean anything if a team falls apart at season's end. We have to admit, Dallas was rolling up until the last few games or so. But they could not sustain it. Dallas has to figure that out.

As for the Pro bowl, 13 players should translate into more than a one and out in the playoffs. It wasn't just NY's defense that beat Dallas, their mediocre offense did to. NY has a great defense, but an opposing defense can easily shut NY down.

Okay, you want to ignore the talent comment, of which the thread was created about. Well at least you admit Dallas is talented. Another good thing i heard today from a Skins fan. Not saying it doesnt happen, but some fans just liek to throw out the Cowboys suck without backing it up.

Okay, you want to ignore the talent comment, of which the thread was created about. Well at least you admit Dallas is talented. Another good thing i heard today from a Skins fan. Not saying it doesnt happen, but some fans just liek to throw out the Cowboys suck without backing it up.
Yes, the Cowboys are talented. Unfortunately for you, most of their talent is in choking.

Let me try to make this clear for you, since you apparently don't get it ... maybe because you're a Dallas fan posting on a Redskins board ... I'm just sayin' ...

Dallas "sucks" because we hate them, not because they "suck" or have no talent or aren't successful.

Matter of fact, I hate everything about them ... from their uniforms with their big annoying star, to their stadium with the hole in the roof that makes it hard to see the field because of a Martian like glow on certain parts of the field ... I hate their ridiculous nickname, America's Team, (I sure don't recall getting to vote) and I hate their owner, Jerrah Jones, who looks just like Satan and always feels compelled to walk the sidelines when he should stay in his freaking owner's box.

But most of all, I hate the bandwagon Dallas fans that plague our Washington DC area ... they root for our most bitter rival simply to be annoying and and unbearingly obnoxious. And most couldn't find Dallas on a map if their lives depended on it. They sicken me.

So when you see my sig below, don't think I am saying the team you are so determined to defend on a rival's message board has no talent ... I am saying they "suck" because I despise everything about them.

Got it? :)

Let me try to make this clear for you, since you apparently don't get it ... maybe because you're a Dallas fan posting on a Redskins board ... I'm just sayin' ...

Dallas "sucks" because we hate them, not because they "suck" or have no talent or aren't successful.

Matter of fact, I hate everything about them ... from their uniforms with their big annoying star, to their stadium with the hole in the roof that makes it hard to see the field because of a Martian like glow on certain parts of the field ... I hate their ridiculous nickname, America's Team, (I sure don't recall getting to vote) and I hate their owner, Jerrah Jones, who looks just like Satan and always feels compelled to walk the sidelines when he should stay in his freaking owner's box.

But most of all, I hate the bandwagon Dallas fans that plague our Washington DC area ... they root for our most bitter rival simply to be annoying and and unbearingly obnoxious. And most couldn't find Dallas on a map if their lives depended on it. They sicken me.

So when you see my sig below, don't think I am saying the team you are so determined to defend on a rival's message board has no talent ... I am saying they "suck" because I despise everything about them.

Got it? :)

You hate us, because you hate us, and yes i've seen your side comments to me, i just choose to not play along. Simple put so you get it. There is no rivarly, Dallas doesnt hate you, they've simply surpassed you. Thats it. Nothing else to get. There is no rivarly, your owner started crap when Dallas tried to get the expansion team, we've had the last laugh and its over, everyone else moved on. You just dont warrant enough for a rivarly. Cowboy Giant games are more rivarly than you guys.

I get what your saying, now swallow that pill.

Archived