Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesus Camp

WVUforREDSKINS

I was channel surfing last night before falling asleep and cought a documentary that was terrifying. It was called Jesus Camp. Where some lady holds a camp for kids who are 5-13 and tries to turn them into warriors for Jesus. She said "In Palestine you have kids who are ready to die for the cause of Islam at age 5. We need people in America who are ready to die for the cause of the Bible."

Here is the link to the video

http://digg.com/educational/Jesus_Camp_Full_Movie_on_Google_Video

Some interesting facts about these evangelicals. 75% of them are home schooled.

The ones in the video speak out by denouncing evolution as liberal propaganda. They say Bush is a "Holy Man sent from God."

Another disturbing thing (besides how ugly some of these people were) was that one kid, age 5, said that he was unhappy until he was "saved." Really? :doh: He wasn't happy at age 4 and felt he need to be saved?

What is going on in the west?

So, uhm, I take it you don't "get" this whole Christianity thing? :silly:

Surprise, surprise. You know what? Christians don't "get" your whole Athiest thing.

That's okay. Live and let live, don't ya think?

Um, this is a bit far fetched. I "get" Christianity just like I "get" Judaism and other religions. What I don't "get" is fundamental extremism and why others don't view it as a danger.

Live and let live is cool, but if they are training for holy war, where does their let live philosophy come in to play?

Wouldn't dying to fight for Jesus go against everything HE DID when he was here?

When Jesus was being taken and they attacked the guard, didnt he stop them and allow himself to be killed? Shouldn't you live up to that?

Not a sermon, just a thought, from your neighborly atheist..

Wouldn't dying to fight for Jesus go against everything HE DID when he was here?

When Jesus was being taken and they attacked the guard, didnt he stop them and allow himself to be killed? Shouldn't you live up to that?

Not a sermon, just a thought, from your neighborly atheist..

He knew his destiny was to die, and the book of revelation clearly states a fight is coming, tough to fight when "christians" are all supposed to let themselves be killed.

Um, this is a bit far fetched. I "get" Christianity just like I "get" Judaism and other religions. What I don't "get" is fundamental extremism and why others don't view it as a danger.

Live and let live is cool, but if they are training for holy war, where does their let live philosophy come in to play?

Haven't gotten to watch the Youtube video (at work), so I won't comment further on what they are or not training for.

However, from the OP's original quote with which he took issue: "We need people in America who are ready to die for the cause of the Bible," I should point out the traditional concept of martyrdom in Christianity is much different than the same concept in Islam.

In Chrisitianity, it's about being willing to sacrifice one's self for the sake of the Gospel (i.e., the missionary to the headhunters in the Amazon, or the example of 11 of the 12 Apostles -- being killed for preaching the Gospel). There is no place for perpetuating violence in the name of the Gospel. It is pretty neatly summed up in John 15:13: "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

If it is the traditional sense of Christian martyrdom that they are instilling, I see no problem in that. If it's something different from that, they are completely wrong.

I'll have to watch the clip when I get home tonight.

He knew his destiny was to die, and the book of revelation clearly states a fight is coming, tough to fight when "christians" are all supposed to let themselves be killed.

According to Revelation, though, Christians will be plucked away from Earth before the war begins. The war will be literally good versus evil, not Christians dying for Jesus.

Jesus died for his beliefs. And he was an innocent, sin-less man

So, there you have it.

And if He was willing to die, then how much more should Christians, with a sinful background, be willing to die ?

These people aren't talking about going on an offensive physical war, and attacking people, and strapping explosives on their backs, like Muslims. They're talking about being willing to be persecuted for their beliefs, up to and including death, as a punishment, as our government becomes more and more atheist and anti-Christian. There will come a day, that people who just claim to believe in Jesus Christ will be sent to jail in the U.S., without even committing a crime or a violent act. All this is prophesied in the Bible

According to Revelation, though, Christians will be plucked away from Earth before the war begins. The war will be literally good versus evil, not Christians dying for Jesus.

Just to clarify (and I will not argue this point further, so as to not get the thread off track) this is one interpretation of the events described in Revelation. The traditional interpretation does not include any such rapturing of Christians away prior to Judgement Day.

I went to an ATF (Acquire The Fire) event in Philly a few years ago.

They called it Battlecry and it was held at the Wachovia Spectrum. Basically, you go there first thing Friday night and then spend your entire freaking day there on Saturday. There was something like 16,000 in attendance.

They take you away from the world and slowly try to brainwash you. And it worked on me for a time. I was ready to hit NYC and take an army of teens stampeding into MTV headquarters and demanding revolution.

Thankfully, I've realized the error in my judgement: NEVER LET SOMEONE ELSE DICTATE WHAT YOU SHOULD THINK!

Religion just doesn't make any damn sense to me. Too many unanswered questions and half truths.

Just to clarify (and I will not argue this point further, so as to not get the thread off track) this is one interpretation of the events described in Revelation. The traditional interpretation does not include any such rapturing of Christians away prior to Judgement Day.

I am Antiochan Orthodox and we have no such teaching of the Rapture, however my Religion is by far a minority in the US, thus not very popular.

There will come a day, that people who just claim to believe in Jesus Christ will be sent to jail in the U.S., without even committing a crime or a violent act. All this is prophesied in the Bible

Do you really believe this Mick??? I HOPE this was tongue in cheek.

Do you really believe this Mick??? I HOPE this was tongue in cheek.

The subtle signs are already appearing, if you look for them.

Christian holidays, are being de-christianized, and our society has made it taboo to say Merry Christmas, you can't even have a "Christmas Party" at work anymore, they've taken away the nativity scene from public places, they're started to remove "In God We Trust" from our money. Students are being forbidden to pray in schools. Laws are changing to limit the freedom of Christians. People are starting to go into churches on shooting rampages, killing innocent Christians, who are worshipping in private. We are gradually moving toward a society, and more importantly, a GOVERNMENT that detests and discriminates Christianity. Sure, some of these might seem small and insignificant, but anyone who looks over the past couple decades can see that this is gradually progressing

It's not a de-christianizing thing.

It's a religion or god shouldn't be shoved down our throats thing.

You are correct.

But that's not what I'm talking about.

The rights of Christians to practice their own beliefs privately are gradually being taken away.

Freedom of Religion does not mean freedom from Religion.

Big difference. If people are not committing crimes, they shouldn't be made to feel guilty for whatever they think, do or say, regardless whether anyone likes or agrees with it. That goes for anything.

So saying Merry Christmas is shoving religion down your throat? Having In God We Trust is shoving religion down your throat? When you sneeze and someone says God bless you, is that shoving religion down your throat?

Archived