Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins hiring a blogger -- yes, I turned it down.

Art

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/05/the_redskins_are_hiring_a_blog.html

You all may have seen this?

I am somewhat amused that JLC couldn't even find a guy at his own paper to confirm or deny a rumor, but, it got me to thinking after my wife told me I couldn't do this, that we should have Om do it. But, there may not be enough digital inches for Om to do it :).

Homer McFanboy could do it, merely because of the name.

Dan Snyder would actually be a good blogger on the Redskins. Like Cuban :).

Don't you mean Karl Swanson?:laugh:

No. I meant Dan Snyder, owner of the team. Following a Cuban style blog would be kind of funny. Karl Swanson is just his PR enforcer who is not half so charming and witty as to be able to pull off an effective blog :).

No. I meant Dan Snyder, owner of the team. Following a Cuban style blog would be kind of funny. Karl Swanson is just his PR enforcer who is not half so charming and witty as to be able to pull off an effective blog :).

Do you really think Danny would care to devote his time to a blog? Let alone have the charisma or personality of Cuban? Snyder does not speak to the press unless he has full control over the content, unlike Cuban. Why would he want a blog?

You do realize that many celebrity blogs are not actually written by their namesakes? I don't know about Cuban, but I don't picture Snyder writting his own, "unfiltered" blog.

:2cents:

Karl is more suited to do "drive by" posting on ES under a pseudonym IMHO :laugh:

Dan Snyder is a friendly and engaging person if you are part of the "in" group, but to the outside he may as well be Japanese (no racial offense intended) for sharing information.

He is no Mark Cuban or Ted Leonsis for that matter. I think he'd be a great blogger if he brought all of us into the "in" group. Won't happen.

Why wouldn't the wife let you do it?

I don't find Steinberg's material to be anywhere near as insightful as the stuff you and Om keep cranking out.

We need someone with verbal chops, but who also appreciates the opportunity they have been given to cover the world's greatest sports franchise.

I don't want some guy that is trying to be the next Edgar R. Murrow. I want someone who grew up loving the team and feels blessed to get paid for covering it.

There are some posters on this site who I think would be tremendous. Bulldog would be a good one. So would Henry, Die Hard, Om, Tarhog... really any of the former mods. But I have to admit I'd like to see a little anger in the blog, it would make it a much more interesting read. So I nominate DH :)

Wow, they're really scraping the bottom of the barrel :silly:

I think you'd be almost perfect for the role Art. I would love to see the wars between you and the Post. It would be epic, seriously. :)

I just want to see him make JLC cry like little Rocco. :silly:

Why wouldn't the wife let you do it?

Because she is a woman who has this awful combination of the two worst traits a woman can have. Wife and mother :).

As a wife her sole goal in life is to strip from her husband all things of import to him in a direct assault of, "If you like that you must like it more than me and I don't understand why you like that more than me." As a mom her sole goal is to make me put down roots and love our neighborhood and appreciate her family is so close.

If only my wife were just some cheap floozy, I'd be IN THERE baby.

McFanboy's problem is he won't listen to smarter people telling him who has character issues and who doesn't. Twit :)

Hmmm ... you referenced the word 'twit,' but then you said the person was smarter than me, which eliminates JimmiJo.

Archived