Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Iran a threat to the US?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

YES. Every country outside the United States is a potential threat to the United States. That's why we should be attempting to move to an isolationist philosophy as quickly as possible. Hell, I'd suggest that probably at least 40% of Americans are a threat to the United States.

YES. Every country outside the United States is a potential threat to the United States. That's why we should be attempting to move to an isolationist philosophy as quickly as possible. Hell, I'd suggest that probably at least 40% of Americans are a threat to the United States.

Seriously, like those Canadians

Terrifying.

Switzerland is such a threat

For those who answered yes, why?

If it is because they are a sworn enemy of Israel, then what about the rest of the Middle East? Egypt and Jordan are the only countries who recognize Israel. Every other one hates them.

And I would say that Pakistan and the Saudi Arabia (our allies:rolleyes:) pose the greatest threat. Not the gov't, just the radicals that the gov't seems to not care about.

Iran isn't really a threat. However, no one wants to see a nuclear Iran. I don't think Iran would never be so dumb as to attack Israel. Israel would clean their clock in a week if they tried anything.

There is no option that is a simple. . .No, they are not a threat to us. Nobody is a threat to us, we are our own worst enemy.

In terms of "threats" as in, can fundamentally change our way of life, no they are not even close. The only ones are China and Saudi Arabia because of their economic influence. Iran, heck no, they are no more a threat to us than Iraq was. :doh:

"Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program. It supports terrorism across the region and militias in Iraq. It threatens Israel's existence. It denies the Holocaust,"...guess who? ;)

"Iran is a grave threat. It has an illicit nuclear program. It supports terrorism across the region and militias in Iraq. It threatens Israel's existence. It denies the Holocaust," he said. "The reason Iran is so much more powerful than it was a few years ago is because of the Bush-McCain policy of fighting in Iraq and refusing to pursue direct diplomacy with Iran. They're the ones who have not dealt with Iran wisely."

Obama also called Iran the "single biggest beneficiary" of Iraq war and pledged to secure all lose nuclear materials during first term, if he is elected president.

-Obama

Let's post the rest though.

Let's post the rest though.

Well since you feel it is important...How is he going to secure all loose nuclear materials? :silly:

Added

Why (since Iran benefited from our Iraq effort) have they not been better partners for peace?...We removed their biggest opponent,yet they refuse to give up the quest for nukes...Why?

For what it's worth, I think we have too many "enemies." We need to start looking for more friends.

I agree with the first sentence there, JLG; but I have to seriously disagree with the second. There are no "friends" for us out there. I think that's been pretty well shown in recent years. What we need is entirely less involvement with those people and governments that are outside our borders on all levels.

I think the main threat of them achieving a nuclear weapon is that they'll likely give it to one of the terrorist groups who would then use it wherever they choose.

If they build a small weapon that they can give to Hezbollah, they may explode it in Israel, but depending on which way the wind is blowing depends on how deep it has to penetrate the country.

If they figure they can smuggle it here, I think they'd try. I think Al Qaeda would welcome the chance to try.

~Bang

I'm assuming you're saying this because of their oil production and their supposed ability to shut it down?

For what it's worth, I think we have too many "enemies." We need to start looking for more friends.

Well, can we say "not friends like the Saudis"?

I'm assuming you're saying this because of their oil production and their supposed ability to shut it down?

Too late Obama pissed off Canada and Mexico with his anti-NAFTA stance,and Bush's immigration reform fell flat.

Throw in the Greenies in Canada fighting against supporting our excesses and Colombia getting the shaft from Congress.

Maybe Albania :whoknows: ,but no post dated checks accepted. ;)

Archived