Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Iran a threat to the US?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think the main threat of them achieving a nuclear weapon is that they'll likely give it to one of the terrorist groups who would then use it wherever they choose.

If they build a small weapon that they can give to Hezbollah, they may explode it in Israel, but depending on which way the wind is blowing depends on how deep it has to penetrate the country.

If they figure they can smuggle it here, I think they'd try. I think Al Qaeda would welcome the chance to try.

~Bang

Bang, if they did that, they would cause their own destruction, it is MAD on a smaller scale, and it is why we never went to war with Russia.

Because Ahmadinejad is ****ing crazy.

Actually, if you ever read what he writes, and ignore the snipits from the news, you would find that he is a hell of a lot more educated than our leader.

he is not crazy, not by a long shot, he is a very smart and calculating man, and that may be what scares everyone.

If you were Iran, would you build a nuclear bomb? Yes or no? Start with that question, and go from there.

18-5 is a healthy "Yes" vote so far. Don't usually get that much of a majority around here.

That's because half the people won't vote for something that doesn't have a real answer.

Is Iran a threat? if yes, then how? By giving the bomb to hezzbolah? do you HONESTLY think they would spend billions of dollars and then turn around and give a bomb to someone else? No freaking way, that is their best defense against being invaded. Tell me one country that has a nuclear weapon that has been attacked. just one. . . you'll have a hard time finding one.

The best possible defense you can have is to have a nuclear weapon, then people won't invade your country for fear of using it against them. MAD works, and we are alive to see how good it does work.

That's because half the people won't vote for something that doesn't have a real answer.

Is Iran a threat? if yes, then how? By giving the bomb to hezzbolah? do you HONESTLY think they would spend billions of dollars and then turn around and give a bomb to someone else? No freaking way, that is their best defense against being attacked. Tell me one country that has a nuclear weapon that has been attacked. just one. . . you'll have a hard time finding one.

The best possible defense you can have is to have a nuclear weapon, then people won't invade your country for fear of using it against them. MAD works, and we are alive to see how good it does work.

If you look at Iran's actions in fomenting trouble in other countries(Gaza,Lebanon,Iraq,Syria,Nigeria and soon to be more), How much bolder will they be with the protection of atomic weaponry?

We removed the only real threat they faced in the region and still they refuse to drop enrichment.

Ask Turkey IF they consider Iran a threat. :laugh:

http://counterterrorismblog.org/2008/05/turkish_ambassador_to_us_calls.php

Come on Chom, I know you're not that stupid.

Let's play make believe. In an alternate universe, your job is to explain how this statement, at this time, does not apply to Iran.

Ugh. Really? So what would you call him? Misinformed?

Have you read anything he has written? have you listened to a speech he has given? He is very VERY articulate, and I would vanture a guess has better command of the English language than our president does.

Have you read anything he has written? have you listened to a speech he has given? He is very VERY articulate, and I would vanture a guess has better command of the English language than our president does.

Well .I did hear him say there are no gays in Iran,but he was articulate :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware that being articulate excluded you from being labeled "crazy".

Maybe it's the entire holocaust denying thing.

Maybe it's the extreme anti-semitism.

He just doesn't seem like he's got all of his marbles.

If you look at Iran's actions in fomenting trouble in other countries(Gaza,Lebanon,Iraq,Syria,Nigeria and soon to be more), How much bolder will they be with the protection of atomic weaponry?

We removed the only real threat they faced in the region and still they refuse to drop enrichment.

Ask Turkey IF they consider Iran a threat. :laugh:

http://counterterrorismblog.org/2008/05/turkish_ambassador_to_us_calls.php

A threat to US, the United States of America. Not a threat to Turkey, but a threat to US as a nation.

They have us on both sides of their country breathing down their throat, and threatening to invade their country. What do you think they are going to do? They saw what Saddam did, he got rid of his program, and we invaded anyway. Don't you think that has any bearing on what they determine? They also know we will not invade them if they have a nuclear weapon, and they are trying to go like a bat out of hell to get one. All I can say is, do you blame them? What would you do in their position? Would you agree to talk to Bush? I would not, I would do exactly what he is doing now.

People never think like a leader should think, and they listen too much to what the powers at be want them to hear. Think as HE would, as the leader of Iran, what do you do with the US on each side of your country, and threatening you every step of the way? If it were me, I would do just about what he is doing, it is insuring that we won't attack, and if I remember right, I actually believe it was one of his defenses for building a weapon. I seem to remember him saying something about us never invading nuclear nations, or something like that.

I wasn't aware that being articulate excluded you from being labeled "crazy".

Maybe it's the entire holocaust denying thing.

Maybe it's the extreme anti-semitism.

He just doesn't seem like he's got all of his marbles.

Have you, since it was stated to you that he is not crazy, even googled anything he has written? Do the research man, I am telling you, soundbites do not make a man crazy, he is a very VERY smart individual. You would HAVE to be in order to capture a leadership role in Iran. It is what escapes people, they see Bush and automatically assume other leaders are as dumb as him, or that you don't have to be smart to run a country. . .unfortunately that IS the case in America because we so self absorbed with ourselves, but it is not the case in the rest of the world, and in order to be a leader, you need to not only be bright, but also charismatic.

Well .I did hear him say there are no gays in Iran,but he was articulate :rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh:

As to the Israel question, how and when

How: Who knows? they will do it when ever they want, if in fact Iran is still building nukes.

What happens next: Probably more battles with Hezbollah.

Ugh. Really? So what would you call him? Misinformed?

If you want to call him misinformed, I wouldn't oppose that nearly as much as calling him "crazy." That's just a pet peeve of mine. Calling this or that guy a Madman or something similar. It's just a way of dismissing him to the detriment of your own understanding.

If you want to call him misinformed, I guess I'd wonder about what you think he's misinformed.

Personally, I'd call him shrewd. He (like Chavez) knows he will be able to garner much political cache by pitting himself as an enemy of the United States. Funny enough, this has gotten him some points on the international stage, but within his own country many of his citizens aren't too appreciative of his antics.

Chom, look at it from Bush's angle instead, and prepare for fireworks in the future. :2cents:

Iran has no real fear of a US invasion...nor should they.

The pursuit of nukes on the other hand.

Chom, look at it from Bush's angle instead, and prepare for fireworks in the future. :2cents:

Iran has no real fear of a US invasion...nor should they.

The pursuit of nukes on the other hand.

I guess it is too bad that Iraq didn't have any WMDs because then we would have all the proof to invade Iran huh.

We are not going to invade Iran, Bush missed his chance, and thank god for that. We are not going to attack Iran under Bush, because I think he knows the consequences of doing so, and they are not good for him or his party. Too bad all his political capital was used up on Terri Schaivo huh.

As for looking at it from Bush's prospective, he can do nothing. He has to sit back and watch another country go nuclear under his watch. First North Korea, and now Iran, they both got Nuclear weapons under Bush's watch. What should he do? He should sit down to that table with Iran and discuss everything, but he is not one for diplomacy. Heck, he is not one for meetings period :doh:

Personally, I'd call him shrewd. He (like Chavez) knows he will be able to garner much political cache by pitting himself as an enemy of the United States. Funny enough, this has gotten him some points on the international stage, but within his own country many of his citizens aren't too appreciative of his antics.

yea, from what I remember reading, like 2/3rds of the country disapproves of the job he is doing. Not much better than, Bush here. They had a real inflation problem a little while ago and I he took a lot of heat for it, and deservedly so.

Archived