Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thrash Vs. Mix

SkinsAllDay34

With 4 of the WR spots filled by El Moss Kelly and Thomas...the 5th is between Thrash and Mix. Thrash is a great player and all but Mix has the upside but might not pan out. Thrash was a great special teamer but Mix showed that last year in the time he got. I love thrash but I have a feeling we are going to let him loose.

Just want to get your thoughts ....who would you rather have ...experience vs. potential????

if we choose not to keep 6 receivers, i say we keep Mix over Thrash. We're starting a new era of Redskins football, Thrash is a Gibbs guy, who was basically on the team because he was a quality guy, a special teams player, a good blocker and Gibbs knew and liked him. He's getting old, we might as well keep Mix who has a good amount of upside and is young and can learn in Zorn's west coast system. Mix performed pretty well on special teams last year so i don't think we lose much by playing Mix over Thrash on special teams.

If the team had to carry only 5 receivers then I would prefer them keeping Mix over thrash. As a special teamer the most important quality in a player is hustle and determination. In the playoff game vs Seattle we saw that Mix has these qualities and can contribute as a solid ST guy, so the dropoff from thras to Mix is not that great. But the upside that Mix brings as a WR is what will earn him a roster spot. at 6-5 235 and sub 4.6 speed he can become another big bodied pass catcher for JC.

i love thrash and if we thought we might actually make a superbowl run this year then i would keep him because he can help our team more this year. but considering we all know that this team is aiming to be good in 2 or 3 years down the road i say we keep mix. Even if mix doesnt pan out its worth a try since thrash wouldnt be here 2 or 3 years from now anyway because of his age.

With 4 of the WR spots filled by El Moss Kelly and Thomas...the 5th is between Thrash and Mix. Thrash is a great player and all but Mix has the upside but might not pan out. Thrash was a great special teamer but Mix showed that last year in the time he got. I love thrash but I have a feeling we are going to let him loose.

Just want to get your thoughts ....who would you rather have ...experience vs. potential????

(You should include a poll)

Thrash all day and twice on Sunday.

First i realize that he's not as tall as Mix (:laugh: dude Mix is tall, Mix is tall) but Thrash isn't exactly a smurf at 6'0.

He knows the WCO and has proven that he can be a solid receiver when called upon.

(Funny that the Eagles games was on NFL network today and reliable Thrash stepped up for the injured Moss)

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371

He's got great work ethic, he can provide veteran leadership to the young fellas.

He's good on specail teams.

I hope we keep Thrash

HTTR:cheers:

(You should include a poll)

Thrash all day and twice on Sunday.

First i realize that he's not as tall as Mix (:laugh: dude Mix is tall, Mix is tall) but Thrash isn't exactly a smurf at 6'0.

He knows the WCO and has proven that he can be a solid receiver when called upon.

(Funny that the Eagles games was on NFL network today and reliable Thrash stepped up for the injured Moss)

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371

He's got great work ethic, he can provide veteran leadership to the young fellas.

He's good on specail teams.

I hope we keep Thrash

HTTR:cheers:

yes but we don't need a veteran leader, we have Moss and Randle El to do that. And yes Thrash is good on special teams but Mix is also good and has much more potential on the offensive side of the ball.

I'm seriously tired of the man crushes on Mix. Dude hasn't done ANYTHING!! He has done NOTHING to prove he's worth a roster spot. What, we should keep him b/c he's tall? Come on now, if that's really the reason to keep somebody, then we have a problem. Thrash might be older, but he is reliable and a great ST'er. Not to mention the veteran leadership he'd bring to the two rookie receivers who aren't smurfs. Those guys can't learn as much from Moss and El as they could from Thrash. Moss and El are cut-and-move'ers. Thomas and Kelly will be inside/over-the-top kinda receivers. Thrash can help with that. I'd take Thrash over Mix any day. Mix can assume his role on the PS. And, if they decide to keep 6, bring him on. Otherwise, I'm not impressed... Not yet

I'm seriously tired of the man crushes on Mix. Dude hasn't done ANYTHING!! He has done NOTHING to prove he's worth a roster spot. What, we should keep him b/c he's tall? Come on now, if that's really the reason to keep somebody, then we have a problem.

I don't think you can blame Mix. Gibbs is historic in not wanting to play young players. Mix made plays on ST last season. Mix will have his hands full with more competition this season at the WR position. Thrash, although he has his moments, is too old to warrant a roster spot. This team needs to get younger and faster in order to get better, especially at the skill positions.

EDIT... But nonetheless, I think we will keep at least 6 WRs on the roster.

I'm seriously tired of the man crushes on Mix. Dude hasn't done ANYTHING!! He has done NOTHING to prove he's worth a roster spot. What, we should keep him b/c he's tall? Come on now, if that's really the reason to keep somebody, then we have a problem. Thrash might be older, but he is reliable and a great ST'er. Not to mention the veteran leadership he'd bring to the two rookie receivers who aren't smurfs. Those guys can't learn as much from Moss and El as they could from Thrash. Moss and El are cut-and-move'ers. Thomas and Kelly will be inside/over-the-top kinda receivers. Thrash can help with that. I'd take Thrash over Mix any day. Mix can assume his role on the PS. And, if they decide to keep 6, bring him on. Otherwise, I'm not impressed... Not yet

the man crushes are cuz hes young, tall, and know one knows what he will do. i wouldnt say people have man crushes on him either. if we have 4 solid recievers, and the last spot for limited playing time is between the 2, it makes sense to keep the guy that could, even if the chances are slim, turn out to be bomb

why would you keep a player on the basis that he's tall, he have a tall wide receiver now (Kelly), James Thrash contributed a lot last year (special teams "detroit punt return") and catching two touchdown passes verses the eagles. Anthony Mix is unproven and maybe there's a reason why everyone in the draft passed him up.

experience will trump inexperience any day...we have a roster full of bigs so we dont need Mix, and they were drafted in the second round...imo rock cartwright and james thrash are two of the most important people on the roster

being that we have more of an unexperienced receiving core, if i had to choose, Mix goes

we will keep 6

BUT... for arguments sake. i'd say we should keep Mix. Thrash has been a good leader and representative of the B&G during his career here, but he is getting old and i dont believe he will improve his game much more. he will be a glorified ST-er. so why not keep a young, bigger guy to fill that role, who still has vast room for development.

Until Mix shows he can contribute something more than 8 tackles on special teams, I'm going with Thrash. His game against the Eagles shows what he can do when called upon, and he consistently delivers on special teams, game after game, season after season.

If Mix ends up outperforming him in training camp and the preseason, then I'm all for it. But Mix so far has done jack **** to deserve a spot over Thrash. I'd rather have 2 more years of Thrash's great ST play and occasional solid WR play, than have 2 years of Taylor Jacobs-type play from Mix, which we may very well get.

I think they will go with 5 receivers and it will come down to which of Thrash or Mix the staff believes is the better special teams contributor as unless we get injuries neither is likley to see many snaps at wideout in the regular season.

I suspect Thrash will get the nod based on experience unless Mix shows real potential to develop into more than a Special Teams guy in camp and preseason.

I hope Mix works out, but the fact is that we do not know what he will do. He might rock in camp, or he might flounder.

If I had to choose right now, I would say go with the proven contributor in Thrash. He was having a career game when he sprained his ankle last Fall.

Better yet, keep 6 WR's, as so many have suggested. I think this is the likely scenario, especially with both Thrash and Mix being productive special teamers.

James Thrash DOB 4/28/75 - three weeks ago he turned 33 years old. He is one of the hardest working players the Skins have ever had on their roster, and obviously keeps himself in amazing shape, but he is approaching the end of the line as an NFL player. How many 34 or 35 year old WRs are active in the game?

I hope they keep 6 and keep Thrash on board for another year. But if it comes down to Thrash or Mix, and Mix has shown any of the potential he flashed last year, I think the wise choice is to bank on a younger Mix rather than squeezing another year or two out of Thrash. Harsh, but the reality of the NFL.

Archived