Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why are we giving enriched uranium to Saudi Arabia?

chomerics

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080516/pl_afp/mideastusdiplomacybushsaudideals

The White House said Washington and Riyadh were also to sign an agreement on nuclear cooperation that would clear the way for Saudi Arabia to receive enriched uranium for its reactors, without the need to master the fuel nuclear cycle itself as Iran has done.

Why the HELL are we giving enriched uranium to the country where the terrorists came from??? Oh yea, the Saudi's are our friends :doh:

What a freaking joke this country has become under Bush's rule.

So they don't have the need to figure it out for themselves and then we can control how much they have access to, and monitor what it is used for.

Very similar to your argument regarding weed. If the government would give you some you wouldn't be forced to grow your own or deal with shady characters to acquire it.

Hopefully were trading it for a ****load of their delicious oil.

And that would make it ok???? We should be removing nuclear material from the Middle East, not putting more of it there, ESPECIALLY to Saudi Arabia, the country where the terrorists were from!!!!

Seriously, which is more likely to happen, a Saudi sympathetic to terrorists lets them have some uranium, or Iran builds the infrastructure to mine it, enrich it, builds bombs, then gives those bombs to a terrorist group, which would mean certain destruction to their country?

So they don't have the need to figure it out for themselves and then we can control how much they have access to, and monitor what it is used for.

RDH, SSSHHHHH You are making too much sense. Chom will have another leftist meltdown

:laugh:

Very similar to your argument regarding weed. If the government would give you some you wouldn't be forced to grow your own or deal with shady characters to acquire it.

How do we monitor what THEY do with it once it is in THEIR hands???

I wish someone would actually come up with a real proposal to take care of the Saudi's besides the right's "lets blow up Mecca" and the left's "Oh yea, I thought the Saudi's were our friends" potshots

Anyone on any side of the aisle have a realistic solution? Bueller?

It's a secret ploy. They're not just providing uranium, but also instructions for weapons manufacture. Only the instructions will be deliberately incorrect causing a catastrophic failure. We will then offer uranium to the Iranians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080516/pl_afp/mideastusdiplomacybushsaudideals

Why the HELL are we giving enriched uranium to the country where the terrorists came from??? Oh yea, the Saudi's are our friends :doh:

What a freaking joke this country has become under Bush's rule.

Not to break character and defend Bush in any way.. Let me say that Saudi Arabia has the resources to get a bomb anytime they like. Like Japan, Australia, and Egypt; they've forgone getting the bomb because they deemed it unnecessary thus far for their security, since their security has been backed up by the United States and it's nuclear assinal.

Now having said that, If Iran get's the bomb the Saudi's and Egyptians have already indicated they will go nuclear too, because that will change their security situation.

I think handing them enriched nuclear fuel for their civilian reactors at this point (which we are doing) is a far cry from handing them enriched nuclear fuel for a bomb (which we aren't doing), and even that is prefferable than for them creating a nuclear fuel production capacity as Israel, Pakistan, India, and North Korea have done.

Basically if they create a nuclear fuel production capacity for civilian usage, they can use that in the near future to create bomb grade components. If we give them nuclear fuel for thieir civilian program, it eliminates the short term need for them to create their nuclear fuel production capacity.

Apparantly another person who has no problem with giving enrighed uranium to the country that gave us the 9-11 hijackers. . .why am I not surprised you would agree to this :doh:

It is simply amazing to me that anything Bush does = good and AOK, even when it is giving nuclear fuel to people who fund terrorists, and gave us the 9-11 hijackers.

But don't let your rose colored glasses cloud your judgment at all :doh: what a freaking poor excuse you are for am American, nothing more than a partisan hack who probably agrees with Iraq to this day.

Dare I call this "appeasement?"

Seriously, how come one day after getting all these "appeasement" rhetoric thrown at us, do we hand a mid-east country enriched uranium?

So when do we nuke Mecca guys?

Uranium suitable for power generation is not in any way useful for weapons production.

I think everyone would be happy if the Iranians would adopt this approach - we supply enriched uranium in quantities to satisfy their interest in nuclear power generation and in return they shut down their enrichment facilities provide inspection access that proves they ar not operational.

So that this way,

• The Saudis don't build their own enrichment plants.
  • Fewer places have that technology.
  • We control whether they receive weapons grade materials.
  • We know exactly how much they have. (Therefore, we know exactly what the inspectors should find, when they check up on them.)
  • We know the exact chemical composition of their fuel. (Therefore, if any of it turns up someplace else, we'll be able to know where it came from.)

Hell, I'd gladly give enriched Uranium to Iran and NK, if they'd shut down their own programs. I'd build them reactors, and provide personnel to run them, if they'd allow us to control the fuel.

And that would make it ok???? We should be removing nuclear material from the Middle East, not putting more of it there, ESPECIALLY to Saudi Arabia, the country where the terrorists were from!!!!

Seriously, which is more likely to happen, a Saudi sympathetic to terrorists lets them have some uranium, or Iran builds the infrastructure to mine it, enrich it, builds bombs, then gives those bombs to a terrorist group, which would mean certain destruction to their country?

The Iran one.

Uranium suitable for power generation is not in any way useful for weapons production.

I think everyone would be happy if the Iranians would adopt this approach - we supply enriched uranium in quantities to satisfy their interest in nuclear power generation and in return they shut down their enrichment facilities provide inspection access that proves they ar not operational.

ok, maybe i'm starting to see this then, because this was actually helpful.

but i thought that enriched uranium was the thing that Iran was trying to get its hands on that was so dangerous? are there two types or something?

I wish someone would actually come up with a real proposal to take care of the Saudi's besides the right's "lets blow up Mecca" and the left's "Oh yea, I thought the Saudi's were our friends" potshots

Anyone on any side of the aisle have a realistic solution? Bueller?

Absolutely, stop letting them run how we do business. Start to massively fund alternative energies and transform our energy system from a fossil fuel based one to an environmental based one, reusable energy. Get away from the "need" we have to be bedroom buddies with these people.

in other words, get our ass out of the Middle East, and let them fight it out for superiority, while transforming our own infrastructure and energy systems.

Archived