Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tony Kornheiser accepts buyout

DCchillin89

uuuummmm so yeah .....BACK TO THE THREAD TOPIC!!

I think kornheiser was a great writer. I loved his articles when all he did was write. As soon as he got big on ESPN he became a jack ass. Its like I have an even bigger ego now that Im on TV and I am going to act like that. As soon as he took the ESPN gig I think he lost his Redskins loyalty card. It just seem to go out the window. Glad he is gone. I was tired of his poor sracastic humor.

He at least has the good sense to make fun of his ego -- check out his soon to go back on hiatus radio show.

I think part of the homerism is that he was, after all, writing for the post. But he even seemed to get genuinely behind the Caps this season and wasn't pulling against the Wiz. He routinely has Maske and JLC on his show, though he does keep a pretty close tie to the Post and this is a DC based show. Still, he is interested in the Skins and, unlike other NFL teams (as he admits), he does seem to follow the Skins fairly well. He doesn't have to any more.

Now the buyout, which he's been building up to for months on his show, doesn't bug me much. Going to go listen to when he announces it now.

Caps fans won't miss him. He hated hockey and took every opportunity to knock the Caps. Even when they got to the Cup finals. I actually hate cheerleaders and prefer legitimate criticism (something this town has been lacking when it comes to the Caps), but Kornholio's was of the 'I barely pay attention to the sport, DC will never be a hockey town, hockey sucks anyway, so who cares' variety. I think he was partially responsible for running Scott Stevens out of town with the Cicarelli/Courtnall 'guild by assosciation' incident. Had Stevens stayed on the Caps, its possible we could have won the Cup (look at how much he helped out the Devils and how much they dropped off when he left)

Tony Kornheiser use to know a lot about sports. He know knows **** all. If you watch PTI the amount of crap he says is just beyond absurd. He doesn't know anything about football, basketball, hockey, soccer, tennis. He does know about golf, maybe baseball and thats about it

However I love the guy because he is still very entertaining and a great personality and I love PTI because of teh chemistry between he and Wilbon. Don't really care that he has gone from the Post cause he doesn't write articles anymore anyway.

• 4 weeks later...
ok, Madden may be a bit quirky, and his game may have single handedly made an entire generation of football fans retarded.. but, the guy is a great commentator.. in my mind, watching a game with Madden as the announcer is like watching a game with your hilarious grandfather who knows everything about football.. The guy is knowledgeable, does tons of research, and he is very likable.. he appeals to the blue collar type football fan which is the essence of the sport in the first place.. KISS..

also, that running back getting developed line was genius!!

Maxim selected Madden as one of the 10 worst broadcasters in sports. lol.

http://www.maxim.com/The10WorstBroadcastersinSports/articles/24558.aspx?src=news:mainfeature

The guy may be funny at times but I usually find myself laughing at his lack of knowledge and unpreparededness. He's terrible in front of a camera and often comes off smug. The only things of his that I've read that were enjoyable had nothing to do with sports. Disappear, Please.

Archived