Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Those Who Care About Character (Inc. Fred Davis Missing Today) M.E.T. (merged)

tiger187126

Sean Taylor had his run ins bud. We haven't avoided this type of thing at all.

wow. That's a nice scab to pick at! :doh: Are you talking about his rookie year? The man changed his life before his untimely passing and you'd like to remember him as a thug. Grreat! :doh:

Day 3 and he messes up already? This is an ominous omen for Fred Davis' future as a Redskin.

That is ridiculous! Anyone who's ever played college ball would tell that at least one or two guys on the team make this mistake before. This is was a bad mistake and I'm sure it won't again but you are judging the man way too quickly. I can't believe this is even news worthy. This should have been a team matter but with all the blogs and players living in a fishbowl at the NFL level its in the news. Leave the kid alone and let him make his mistakes without being judged too harshly. People were judging ST even last spring for reporting late to VOLUNTARY workouts when we now know, and even knew then, that he was attending his baby girl's birthday. I'm not saying that this is the same thing but lets give the guy a break!:2cents:

wow. That's a nice scab to pick at! :doh: Are you talking about his rookie year? The man changed his life before his untimely passing and you'd like to remember him as a thug. Grreat! :doh:

Hmm? The guy never called ST a thug. He just means that Davis could easily follow ST's example and grow up in the coming years, which I believe he will.

People can gloss this over all they want but it speaks volumes about Davis and his work ethic, accountability, maturity, responsibility and overall common sense. :doh:

You couldn't have a worse start to a professional career without an arrest.

All the koolaid drinkers will sweep this under the rug but they will probably be the one's who have been screaming about character the loudest.

This, plus Kelly quitting on his route is a terrible start for a draft class that everyone knows was "boom or bust" to begin with.

I feel queasy. :doh:

It isn't, but at the same time people shouldn't go overboard about it. I remember when Sean Taylor was having issues early on and there were a lot of people worried about that, but that stuff ultimately ended up being nothing.

It is disappointing when a player doesn't inform the coaching staff that he isn't going to be there, but it doesn't mean that there isn't a good reason.

Jason

I don't know if the Taylor stuff ended up "being nothing." We've made Taylor into a saint since his death, which is par for the course in these situations, but it wasn't until his fourth year in the league that he really seemed to have become a grown-up both on the field and off. It's not like he missed a rookie symposium, then had an overblown gun charge, and then was murdered. There was a lot of stuff in between, and I think it led to his being an undisciplined player at times - numerous personal foul calls, leading the league in missed tackles, getting kicked out of a playoff game, etc.

Now granted, I don't think we should project Davis' entire career based on one incident of over-sleeping. But it should go into the memory banks as a matter of interest. One incident can be viewed as an exception. Two begins a pattern. It's awfully early to get that number one under your belt.

(I should also point out that in general, I think the whole "character" thing is overrated. Character is often pointed out after the fact to explain things. If Brett Favre had washed out in five years, it would have been because he was a pill-popper. The bottom line is, if you play like Michael Irvin, you can have a deficient character. If you play like Brandon Lloyd, it doesn't matter if you are a deacon).

Seems to me the guy counted on his roommate to wake him up, and his roommate didn't. I know I literally have to roll my wife out of be for her to wake up in the morning. Maybe his roommate thought he was awake.

I think the most important lessons learned from here is that either

A. His roomate (whoever that is ) is a buddy ****er.

B. Davis needs to sign his contract and get an alarm clock/wake up service.

C. He needs to ask a couple of buddies to make sure he at breakfeast.

D. Davis is a heavy sleeper, not only did he oversleep but he slept all morning.

Move on nothing much else to see here.

Oh yeah, btw those who are saying he is immature and such I guess you have never overslept in your life. Get over yourself. I take it if you ever overslept for school or work then you have no work ethic, maturity, accountability, responsibility or overall common sense.

People can gloss this over all they want but it speaks volumes about Davis and his work ethic, accountability, maturity, responsibility and overall common sense. :doh:

All the koolaid drinkers will sweep this under the rug but they will probably be the one's who have been screaming about character the loudest.

This, plus Kelly quitting on his route is a terrible start for a draft class that everyone knows was "boom or bust" to begin with.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Want some cheese with that whine? :)

Relax, he overslept.

One thing like this can be called an 'isolated incident'.

Two like this, he is being thick-headed, and needs to get it.

Now three times, then you can call it a disturbing pattern developing.

So while you may think the "kool-aid drinkers" are underreacting, I say don't you whiners start overreacting to our underreacting. :)

Wow. :rolleyes: Way to totally overblow things. :doh:

ONE minor screw-up. And easily fixed. Like previous posters have said, it's not like he knocked over a bank or punched a stripper. He's young and will be punished and this will be over. If he doesn't fix it, that's another story, but for now don't read into THIS. :2cents:

And did you even READ the Kelly "issue"? Based on your response here...you didn't. Otherwise you'd know better.

I'm simply hoping this was sarcasm on your part but it sure doesn't look like it. I hope that no ever brings up something stupid or an error in judgement that you made in your youth, Mr. 42yr old. Oh wait, you were a saint, right?

I have worse news for you:

Santa_Died.jpg

I think the most important lessons learned from here is that either

A. His roomate (whoever that is ) is a buddy ****er.

B. Davis needs to sign his contract and get an alarm clock/wake up service.

C. He needs to ask a couple of buddies to make sure he at breakfeast.

D. Davis is a heavy sleeper, not only did he oversleep but he slept all morning.

Move on nothing much else to see here.

That seems to be a little like sprinkling sugar on **** and calling it candy.

Bottom line is that it is his responsibility to make it to practice and make it there on time.

Seriously, can you imagine not making it to that practice if you were him? Your very first mini-camp in your professional career? Something you've been looking forward to ever since being old enough to play football? A dream that only a very small portion of people ever get to do and you don't care enough to even show up?

If I had to be somewhere and I didn't show up and later told my father that it was my roommate's fault for not waking me up before I could afford a wake-up service... he likely would have just beat the **** out of me right then and there for being stupid, lazy and a moron.

Then he would probably buy me a pair of bloomers and permanently kick me out of his house. :doh:

Wow. :rolleyes: Way to totally overblow things. :doh:

ONE minor screw-up. And easily fixed. Like previous posters have said, it's not like he knocked over a bank or punched a stripper. He's young and will be punished and this will be over. If he doesn't fix it, that's another story, but for now don't read into THIS. :2cents:

And did you even READ the Kelly "issue"? Based on your response here...you didn't. Otherwise you'd know better.

I'm simply hoping this was sarcasm on your part but it sure doesn't look like it. I hope that no ever brings up something stupid or an error in judgement that you made in your youth, Mr. 42yr old. Oh wait, you were a saint, right?

I have worse news for you:

Santa_Died.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Want some cheese with that whine? :)

Relax, he overslept.

One thing like this can be called an 'isolated incident'.

Two like this, he is being thick-headed, and needs to get it.

Now three times, then you can call it a disturbing pattern developing.

So while you may think the "kool-aid drinkers" are underreacting, I say don't you whiners start overreacting to our underreacting. :)

Exibit A and B.

You guys certainly don't dissapoint. :rolleyes:

I hope that no ever brings up something stupid or an error in judgement that you made in your youth, Mr. 42yr old. Oh wait, you were a saint, right?

Sure I messed up. Went to court a couple of times too. That was for bad decisions and a bad temper.

But one thing I never did was just not show up for work. Not once. And I certainly didn't not show up for work in my first week. That is nothing but lazyness and a non-chalant attitude about something that should be the most important thing in your life.

Had I been lucky enough to play a game that I love for a living, you wouldn't have been able to keep me away.

If I hadn't shown up for a new job, you would have been able to bet that I didn't give a crap about that job.

Exibit A and B. You guys certainly don't dissapoint. :rolleyes:

You bring up the topic of what some ES members are like and what they will do in your view, and in a castigating manner. I will respond focusing on that, however I will make it as applied to you specifically. Your posting history virtually casts you as mainly a troll on this site.

You do not read as any kind of real critical analyst objectively evaluating a team, even a team which has had limited success and has had many flaws over a number of years. You read as a constant basher of almost-all-things-Redskins. Your views should be filtered through that lens.

I invite any member to go back through the pages of your posts, randomly or thoroughly, as far back as they go, and note the ratio of slams--frequently gratuitous, over-dramatized, or simply reaching for anything bad to say--versus any positive comments.

You are severely unbalanced in your overall presentation of views on this team. You are not a critical evaluator. You have an intense negative bias on almost every possible topic. The evidence of your own words indicates you are as much a "hater" as any in this forum, and far more than you are a "realist" or a sharp-eyed critic. I submit you have next-to-zero credibility.

That seems to be a little like sprinkling sugar on **** and calling it candy.

Bottom line is that it is his responsibility to make it to practice and make it there on time.

Seriously, can you imagine not making it to that practice if you were him? Your very first mini-camp in your professional career? Something you've been looking forward to ever since being old enough to play football? A dream that only a very small portion of people ever get to do and you don't care enough to even show up?

If I had to be somewhere and I didn't show up and later told my father that it was my roommate's fault for not waking me up before I could afford a wake-up service... he likely would have just beat the **** out of me right then and there for being stupid, lazy and a moron.

Then he would probably buy me a pair of bloomers and permanently kick me out of his house. :doh:

First off I notice how you left the part off about yourself and if you ever slept late, nice move.

Second, he is a young kid and personally if kids his age can oversleep in basic training with drill sergeants breathing down your neck then yeah I can see how a 22 yr old (or however old he is) whom probably never had a class in past 4 years before 10 am can oversleep after after two days of practice and meetings. I am not going to pretend that I know the sleeping habits of a perfect stranger unlike you.

Facts are in the blog he said he counted on someone to wake him up, this person might have been running late himself and forgot or he might have thought Davis was awake. Like I said my wife will have a conversation with you and still be asleep, so it is possible that if davis is like this and his friend didn't know this about him, it is not hard to imagine this situation happening.

I am not going to fault strangers for things I have done myself, but you go boy. You are tearing this kid apart for oversleeping and yet you admit to much worse infractions in another post. :thumbsup:

Archived