Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2008 Mini-Camp - Day 3 (Write-up/Final)

JimmiJo

could Fred be unhappy potentially being the #2 for his duration as a skin.... he prolly wants to start and wants to weasel out of his responsibilities here to play somewhere where he'll be the #1 TE

I have a feeling we will play him enough to get trade value.

Must be exciting though to go through life with your DefCon4 level set on hair-trigger :silly:

Think about how exciting Thanksgiving dinner would be :)

"Did you spill the salt? You spilled the salt, didn't ya? You miserable son of a *****. Great move. Seriously...."

and so on

Let take a wait and see on Davis before making a judgement call...

we don't have all the info yet...

What are you crazy? Since when are we supposed to wait for information before forming an opinion?

That's just silly talk.

It's clear to the rest of us that Zorn has lost the team and Davis is a bust. Personally, I blame Vinny.

Think about how exciting Thanksgiving dinner would be :)

"Did you spill the salt? You spilled the salt, didn't ya? You miserable son of a *****. Great move. Seriously...."

and so on

most shootings, and murders are committed by ones family members :paranoid:

I don't know gang.

It just seems to me that for 4 years, character has been stressed around here and then they shove that aspect aside because they're getting value at a spot in the draft?

And I will readily admit that I'm biased. I wanted a DE. You know, the position we've avoided for over 11 years??

But on the bright side, it is only May. We'll see..........

I don't know gang.

It just seems to me that for 4 years, character has been stressed around here and then they shove that aspect aside because they're getting value at a spot in the draft?

And I will readily admit that I'm biased. I wanted a DE. You know, the position we've avoided for over 11 years??

But on the bright side, it is only May. We'll see..........

No, I hear ya. Like I said, it's a real thing. We're just doing a little pre-venting for the normal ES flood of the-sky-is-falling. And how quick and easy we will forget how things like this attracted the FO:

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/fred-davis?id=216

When the former high school running back enrolled at Southern California, few expected him to finish his career as the team's record holder for receptions by a tight end. With his natural hands and excellent quickness, Fred Davis often created mismatches, especially for opposing linebackers trying to cover him on deep routes. He would be used as a wideout in multiple-WR formations, adding another dimension to the Trojans' passing attack.

With his athletic ability and emergence as a receiver, it was not surprising that he was recognized as the best tight end in college football. The 2007 recipient of the John Mackey Award, Davis averaged 14.2 yards per reception in 2007, second among the nation's tight ends. He was the first tight end since 1985 to lead Southern California in receptions (62).

In 2007, Davis finally earned national attention. In addition to winning the Mackey Award as college's top tight end, he was USC's first All-American first-team tight end since Jim Obradovich in 1974. He is the first tight end to lead USC in receptions in a season since Joe Cormier in 1985, in receiving yardage since Hoby Brenner in 1980 and in touchdown receptions since Antoine Harris in 2000. He went on to catch a career-high 62 passes for 881 yards (14.2-yard average) and eight touchdowns while also recording a pair of tackles.

In 48 games at Southern California, Davis started 28 contests. He holds all of the school career and single-season records for tight ends, finishing with 117 receptions for 1,408 yards (12-yard average) and 13 touchdowns. He recorded a pair of solo tackles and also recovered an onside kickoff.

And while Zorn is very devoted to his personal character being of high order, he isn't Gibbs. He really wanted this guy. It may end up being a rookie mistake on his part. Time will tell.

Guys are you serious with Davis thing...missing a day of minicamp...if my memory is correct Sean Taylor had some issues his rookie year and look at what he did.

You guys jump on something every chance you get.

Ok lets trade him and have him be probowler somewhere else and not help us win...settle down.

Guys are you serious with Davis thing...missing a day of minicamp...if my memory is correct Sean Taylor had some issues his rookie year and look at what he did.

Ok lets trade him and have him be probowler somewhere else and not help us win...settle down.

That's not the point. Its not showing, and not calling to explain. You think thats acceptable? For a friggin' rookie?

I think the coaches might disagree.

Thats assuming this is in fact what happened. Could be theres more to it.

That's not the point. Its not showing, and not calling to explain. You think thats acceptable? For a friggin' rookie?

I think the coaches might disagree.

Thats assuming this is in fact what happened. Could be theres more to it.

You too huh?

I am taking a wait-see approach here. Without the proper details.. it is kind of foolish to establish an opinion on this matter.

Sean Taylor left the rookie symposium he did not miss practice and he told his agent and coaches where he was going

Archived