Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage: 2008 Mini-Camp - Day 3 (Write-up/Final)

JimmiJo

You too huh?

I am taking a wait-see approach here. Without the proper details.. it is kind of foolish to establish an opinion on this matter.

I don't disagree - which is why I added the caveat :)

On the other hand, JimmiJo is there - the tidbit that he 'had no good excuse' according to the coaching staff came from him. I didn't make it up...

Sean Taylor left the rookie symposium he did not miss practice and he told his agent and coaches where he was going

I really dont like arguing about ST but he didnt return coach gibbs phone calls the whole offseason one year...i think his second season. Ya i know for a rookie its not good...but some y'all over react and want him CUT because of missing a day of minicamp. Its probably something like he overslept or something stupid.

Portis vs Landry was pretty close, looks like Portis lost just barely though.

Their combine times just in case anyone was looking for it:

4.28 = CP

4.35 = LL

Edit: Sad to see that Davis missed practice because of oversleeping. Hopefully that is the only time that happens.

in the mini camp blog...it says Davis overslept as it turns out.

I was right... I knew it was something stupid and not serious.

SETTLE DOWN.

When you get a job, on the second day of work, don't go in.

Don't call them or contact them in any way.

Then come back here and tell us how that went over when you finally did show up.

When you get a job, on the second day of work, don't go in.

Don't call them or contact them in any way.

Then come back here and tell us how that went over when you finally did show up.

I just might do that..

Davis:

ON SAT NIGHT::2drunks:

ON SUN MORNING: :snore:

Thanks so much for what you do JimmiJo, really appreciate you guys bringing us all the news, and pics and commentary afterwards. I look forward to this MUCH MORE than reading redskins.com Gary Fitz's blog - yours seems to bring a "FAN" feel to it... So as you know we ALL appreciate what you and the Murf bring us during the off-season!!

On to the deal about Davis - - what KIND OF CRAP is that. In the real world, you might as well not show back up, cause you just got TERMINATED. If this was a UDFA he'd be done and gone now. He's not under contract so we really can't even hit him where it hurts, UNLESS we use this in the contract negotiations to show that he doesn't have any MAJOR commitment to us so we might just have to make his contract more of an incentive/performance based contract. We all know that he may have some serious potential BUT unless Cooley goes down he's probably not going to have major stats for 2008 as we need a 2TE set to have one of those guys providing blocking ability. I just CANNOT BELIEVE that his 3rd day of practice he missed, didn't call or anything else. That is TERRIBLE. He coulda had his agent call OR ANYTHING to at least cover his ARSE with some sort of moderately well made-up excuse, I just am sickened by this in the fact that we desprately (IMO) needed DL talent and there was DL talent there @ his pick.... HMMM hope something changes his maturity and commitment quick otherwise, this was seriously a BONEHEAD pick.... I, for the record, would've preferred DL pick or CB pick there anyhow, and to have this happen just reinforces my belief in that... At least now only thing that can happen is for me to be positively surprised by some good performance out of him IF & WHEN he does perform, until then I view that pick and HIM as a waste of what we couldve done better in the draft.

Here's to hoping he turns it around cause I like to have faith in the WHOLE DANG TEAM not doubt on some prima-donna who doesn't want to show up to work due to hangover OR WHAT EVER HAPPENED!!

HAIL!!

Here's what I would do with Davis:

Offer him a ridiculously low contract knowing you won't come to terms and hold him out for the year. If he gets it then great, if not cut ties or try to trade him.

:2cents:

are you serious? the guy hasnt played a down in the league, hasnt even had a chance to prove anything about his ability to play, and so many people are already calling for the skins to cut ties or trade him. he overslept, its a mistake, these kind of things happen. he met with zorn in the afternoon to explain himself and this should be the end of it. this kid can help our team alot. stop calling for his head and chill out.

Archived