Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Do you think we'll get compensatory picks next year?

corrupt3d

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yeah, I know, I know. It's early.

But, to make this offseason go by, I'm desperate for anything. So...

...of our following departed FA's, do you think any of them will do well enough to give us some compensatory picks next year?

Departed FA:

-Mark Brunell, Saints

-Pierson Prioleau, Jags

-David Macklin, Rams

-Reche Caldwell, Rams

What do you all think? You can choose multiple rounds in the poll above.

It's possible but unlikely.

Only really possible because we signed virtually no one, although, Collins' deal is probably about the size of all four of the players we lost.

The only way we get a pick (other than a 7th) is if Macklin or Caldwell get significant playing time. I don't see Prioleau or Brunell doing much.

Wasn't Brunell cut ?

Nah, his contract was voided due to performance clauses that were met (or in this case, lack of performance clauses).

It's possible but unlikely.

Only really possible because we signed virtually no one, although, Collins' deal is probably about the size of all four of the players we lost.

The only way we get a pick (other than a 7th) is if Macklin or Caldwell get significant playing time. I don't see Prioleau or Brunell doing much.

From what I understand, if you sign your own free agent, it doesn't count against you since technically, you're losing and gaining that free agent, effectively negating any value it would have on the compensatory pick equation.

We'd be lucky to get a 7th.

However i do think we have all of our picks next year not sure though

Sadly, no. Jets ended up with our '09 4th rounder for Pete Kendall. The deal was a 5th in '08 if he plays less than 80% of the offensive snaps last year and a 4th in '09 if he plays more than 80% of the snaps.

Joe Gibbs may be gone but thanks to his extreme undervaluing of draft picks it'll take us two years since his departure for us to finally have a full slate of draft picks.

I think that the free agent you lose has to be a draft choice

of yours to get compensated? (i.e. Dockery)

None of the FA's lost this year were draft choices?

Draft choices is only part of the criteria. Size of contract, playing time, performance etc all count as well.

I think we will be lucky to get more than 1 7th rounder and if Mathis makes our team as the KR and does well we might end up with nothing.

We'd be lucky to get a 7th.

Sadly, no. Jets ended up with our '09 4th rounder for Pete Kendall. The deal was a 5th in '08 if he plays less than 80% of the offensive snaps last year and a 4th in '09 if he plays more than 80% of the snaps.

Joe Gibbs may be gone but thanks to his extreme undervaluing of draft picks it'll take us two years since his departure for us to finally have a full slate of draft picks.

well even minus that one pick....we still have 6 picks, hopefully we dont trade any away

Wow, I never saw so much bad information being put out on just the first page of postings in a thread.

- Players whose contracts are cut or voided do not count toward the Comp pick equation (That leaves only Macklin and Caldwell versus Mathis)

- Players whose contract expires counts toward the equation (ie he does not have to have been drafted by us - Holdman is an example)

- We traded for Kendall for either a 5th this year or a 4th next (depending on playing time) not both - we have all our picks next year.

- We can get comp picks in the 7th if the team basically sucks. 32 are given out each year and not all 32 are usually used, the left overs go to the teams with highest draft order at the end of the 7th.

-

Wow, I never saw so much bad information being put out on just the first page of postings in a thread.

- Players whose contracts are cut or voided do not count toward the Comp pick equation (That leaves only Macklin and Caldwell versus Mathis)

- Players whose contract expires counts toward the equation (ie he does not have to have been drafted by us - Holdman is an example)

- We traded for Kendall for either a 5th this year or a 4th next (depending on playing time) not both - we have all our picks next year.

- We can get comp picks in the 7th if the team basically sucks. 32 are given out each year and not all 32 are usually used, the left overs go to the teams with highest draft order at the end of the 7th.

-

Players whoes contracts are voided DO count towards the compensatory picks calculation. Anybody released does not count.

You dont say!? :rolleyes:

ok...

Let me try and break this down for you: We went into the '08 draft with our original 1,2,3,5,6 and 7 picks. It's a good thing that you knew the stipulations of the trade. :doh:

-

WOW, someone clearly has no idea what they're talking about.

What are you trying to employ a distort and confuse strategy on a message board?

-

We can safely say that Kendall played over 80% of the snaps for us last year, so we will loose the 4th round draft pick in 2009 as a consequence. Had he not played 80% of the snaps, we would have lost the 5th this year.

Hail

Archived