Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Did anyone hear Brian Baldinger?

xX2PORTIS6Xx

I think he has a point Campbell has a strong arm no dought but he eyes his Receiver and doesn't have a quick release for the WCO, so who knows Colt might be a better fit for WCO.

This is what I dont' get...throughout the 2007 season game commentators constantly praised Campbell for how he no longer eyes his receiver...they even showed replays of close ups of JC's eyes scanning the entire field, they commented on how doing so "froze up the safety" or "fooled the cb", etc...I mean, you could literally SEE his eyes looking off one receiver and throwing to another. Yet we still get fans who say he does NOT do that.

No, I think us quote.giffake fansquote.gif aren't the only ones who are beginning to question the viability of Jason Campbell

I think there's a difference between fans who may have some doubts about JC being as good as we hoped, and fans who have declared him a bust who will never become a starting-quality QB.

We get too many of the latter claiming they're the former.

This is what I dont' get...throughout the 2007 season game commentators constantly praised Campbell for how he no longer eyes his receiver...they even showed replays of close ups of JC's eyes scanning the entire field, they commented on how doing so "froze up the safety" or "fooled the cb", etc...I mean, you could literally SEE his eyes looking off one receiver and throwing to another. Yet we still get fans who say he does NOT do that.

agreed.... there is a video on youtube that shows him looking off his wideouts

Nope...never getting it done at the end of games when the game is in his hands. Thats what winning quarterbacks do............

:rolleyes: right he never did anything in the games we won, he didn't get the Skins in postion to tie the Giants, beat the Dolphins in OT, Beat the Eagles in Philly, shred the Lions, out perform Favre in GB, ... he gave up a big pass and FG to lose to Buffalo

he throws an int late against Dallas so he stinks :thumbsup:

I think there's a difference between fans who may have some doubts about JC being as good as we hoped, and fans who have declared him a bust who will never become a starting-quality QB.

We get too many of the latter claiming they're the former.

they're not haters.... just being real :rolleyes:

If by some chance that does happen, that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Why? Because if that were to happen, it would be because of his performance here and what kind of on-the-field leader he is. They would have to be pretty ****ing good for that to happen.

I don't care who our starting QB is. Do I like Campbell? Yes, and I am hopeful he will become a good/great QB for us and last a while. Will I be upset if our QB of the future happens to be Brennan? No. May the best QB win.

:rolleyes: right he never did anything in the games we won, he didn't get the Skins in postion to tie the Giants, beat the Dolphins in OT, Beat the Eagles in Philly, shred the Lions, out perform Favre in GB, ... he gave up a big pass and FG to lose to Buffalo

I am all for Jason but don't forget the 2 picks in Tampa.The Skins had fought and clawed their way back into that game only to have the 2 picks at the end cost the team the game.I think the jury is still out.I hope Jason is the one!

I am all for Jason but don't forget the 2 picks in Tampa.The Skins had fought and clawed their way back into that game only to have the 2 picks at the end cost the team the game.I think the jury is still out.I hope Jason is the one![/quote Clinton's fumbles early in the game didn't help either.

Still, I'm worried about his inability to win games in the final moments with the ball in his hand.

While he did cost us some games late in the 4th last year, he is not entirely to blame. For one, Joe Gibbs should take most of the blame. The personnel/packages/playcalling decisions he made inside the opponent's 35(especially red zone) were horrible. Also his supporting cast(WR/TE/RB) deserve a big part of it as well.

A good example is the first Giants game. At the beginning of the 2nd half, with the Skins up by two touchdowns(which Gibbs thinks is an insurmountable lead with 30 minutes of time left), Joe Gibbs told the reporter that his plan for the next half is "Two words: Max Protect." Fast Forward to our last drive.

Campbell is put in a tough situation. After being asked to basically shut it down at halftime, he has to drive down the field to tie the game against a Giants D who had all the momentum? How does he respond? By getting us to the Giants 1-yard line with plenty of time left to do whatever our offensive coaching geniuses wanted to. What happens? They call a really bad pass play to Sellers.

Then they decided that they were going to run the ball, but to keep Betts in the game(who has 10 total CAREER TDs and 4 in his great '06 season). Giants D makes a great stop on the first play. With enough time on the clock to sub in CP and call another play even, Gibbs decides that the current personnell is the better option and is so worried about the clock being run out, calls for the same play(there was I believe about 24 seconds left when we snapped the ball). Betts gets the ball and has a path to the endzone and...he trips on his own feet.

If Cooley(who has many times choked with the game on the line) doesn't drop the potentially game winning touchdown pass, we would've more than likely have won that game(a game in which our defense had just lost their best player and given up 4TDs to TO). If Moss caught half the balls he dropped against GB, or even protected the ball better, we would've more than likely won that game AND Campbell's #s would've look a lot better.

I truely hope that our new receivers(ESPECIALLY DAVIS) don't choke like our big money vets do. Campbell has shown the ability to get it done in crunch time. Take the '06 Panthers game. We were down, late in the 4th and the ball was in JC's hands. Campbell had lost communication w/the coaches and had to call the play himself. It was a pass play(which was a great throw, btw) to Cooley and surprisingly he actually caught the ball and went in for the go ahead lead.

Don't forget about when the Patriots traded Branch and had their season end with Tom Brady having to see Peyton Manning beat him(not really him though) for the first time in the playoffs and go on to the Super Bowl because Reche "Bug Eyes" Caldwell dropped an easy TD pass.

I am all for Jason but don't forget the 2 picks in Tampa.The Skins had fought and clawed their way back into that game only to have the 2 picks at the end cost the team the game.I think the jury is still out.I hope Jason is the one!

I completely agree that the jury is still very much out on Jason Campbell in terms of what kind of QB he will ultimately be.

However the head scratcher for me is why so many fans (not meaning you Tarpon) seem to want to call a "mistrial" on JC and not even let the jury come in (to follow the analogy)?

He's played (not just started but PLAYED) in a total of 19 NFL games.

He was horribly prepared (ie NOT PREPARED) by the coaching staff in 2006 to take over the reigns from Gibbs' golden boy Brunell.

He dramatically improved his accuaracy in 07 from 53% in 06 to 60% in 07. He improved his yards per attempt from 6.3 to 6.5 (this still needs to be improved). He improved is interception percentage 2.9% to 2.6%. The thing that he needs to improve is his TD percentage which dropped from a pretty good 4.8% in 06 to an awful 2.9% last year. Hopefully the new talent as well as a bounce back year from Santana will improve that.

JC is still a work in progress but I've seen enough from him to feel pretty good about his future.

First of all, I love QB Jason Campbell.....I hope he throws over 30 TDs this season, etc. And yes, I think it's very unlikely that Colt Brennan will even be able to step foot onto the playing field this season in a regular game. OK, all that being said, I LOVE THAT THE SKINS DRAFTED COLT BRENNAN!!!! Why does it bother some of you that the Skins just added a player who could someday be the next Joe Theisman for the Skins? Hey, in the next 2 or 3 years, if he can win the starting job at QB...more power to him. Jason Campbell had his chances last season in games against Dallas, Tampa, and Philly to bring the Skins back in the 4th quarter, and he couldn't get it done....

What if Jason Campbell gets hurt again....and what if Todd Collins was playing poorly? If Colt Brennan was shoved into a game where he threw 4th quarter TDs to win the game, is this a bad thing? (yes, too many what ifs...forgive me) Everybody here wanted the Skins to draft a QB....and now that they did, it's like some people are upset about it. Drafting Colt was brilliant.......and I ultimately don't care who some of the players are because I root for the team and the jersey...just go out and win, baby!!!!

I think your thinking of Todd Collins. He is the one who got us to the playoffs..............

Yea, I heard him. But the moment he said "...and with Jason Campbell's coming off major knee surgery...", I discounted whatever he said next. He just lost all his credibility with me.

HOWEVER - The more I think about the Brennan pick, the more I like it. I'm not about to get all Babe Laufenberg about it, but I think there might be something down the road with this one. (But I'm not about to proclaim on national tv that he'll grab the starting spot this year. I like JC.)

The reality is Colt and his agent know that he is a better fit in the WCO than JC and of course Mr Z. knows that intuitively. Only time, fumbles,interceptions, and overthrown open receivers will tell when the Colt rides again. Im for whoever is in there. :silly: :doh: :doh:

As long as we win our games, I don't care too much who our QB is. I'll cheer for the team regardless.

I don't care for his announcing but he is often on Comcast Philly's Daily News Live and is usually a pretty good analyst. He went to Duke so he's not stupid.

right.....and football players get scholarships to college to learn astro-physics.

didn't he play professional football? ?

And eve so, he doesn't know enough about the situation to know that JC didn't have surgery. But is still commenting on it on nationl TV, as an "expert". I'm not saying he's a bad guy, just that he doesn't know enough about this situation to have an informed opinion.

Archived