Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And now he's a Skin! Colt Brennan (Merged & M.E.T.)

skins383

Good character guy? He got caught walking into a random girl's dorm room and fondling her. He also got kicked off his football team at Colorado for it. I would definitely call him a lot of things but a good character guy is not one of them.

Exactly what I'm talking about. This guy is not a 'high character' guy whatsoever.

I just find it extremely hilarious that people are talking high about this fool. He is a poor QB with poor decision making abilities and a very poor motion. Undersized, put big numbers against absolute nobodies. Please, I beg of you to go back and watch him against 'decent' talent. Not highlight tapes of him throwing against AA and crap 1-A teams.

I like this quote:

CS: What are your expectations at this point, in regards to your draft status?

Brennan: I still believe I’m one of the best quarterbacks in this draft and that I should be taken high in the draft. If that happens, I don’t know. But I still have some adversity to overcome. I feel like I’ve answered all of the questions that they wanted to know about me. They wanted to know if I could gain weight and get bigger; I did that. They wanted to know if I could play under center; I did that. At the Combine and on Tuesday at the Pro Day, all the drills I went through and the arm strength I displayed were all positive, and I think I answered those questions. For me it’s tough. Other guys may have had great careers or even so-so careers, and they get the benefit of the doubt. I’ve broken every record, won big games and everyone is still looking at me and judging me; trying to find something wrong with me physically or in my game. It seems like everyone looks at me negatively first, and that’s all right. I just try to turn those negatives into a positive. All I need is one team to believe in me on draft day.

Good attitude.

Jason

I like this pick. I am still disapointed that we did not get a DE but in the 6th round it's too late anyway for anyone worth talking about. This is a good kid. Regardless of past problems, which he did account for and move on from. A 6th round pick is someone to take a chance on and, even though I may not be 100% sold on Zorn, I do know he knows QBs so this pick by him for Colt makes me believe Zorn thinks this guy is worth that chance at being a solid #3 and even an eventual #2 QB for us one day. :2cents:

Good character guy? He got caught walking into a random girl's dorm room and fondling her. He also got kicked off his football team at Colorado for it. I would definitely call him a lot of things but a good character guy is not one of them.
That's part of what I thought was interesting. But for accuracy sake:

Brennan enrolled at the University of Colorado in 2003 as a walk-on. He was listed fourth on the depth chart, but never appeared in a game at the school. His college career almost ended before it began when, on Jan. 28, 2004, he was arrested by campus police and charged with entering a co-ed's room. Uninvited, he was intoxicated at the time of the incident and the woman claimed he exposed himself and fondled her. He pleaded guilty to burglary and trespassing, but a charge of unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. He was dismissed from the team.

From our get to know thread top of page

That's part of what I thought was interesting. But for accuracy sake:

Brennan enrolled at the University of Colorado in 2003 as a walk-on. He was listed fourth on the depth chart, but never appeared in a game at the school. His college career almost ended before it began when, on Jan. 28, 2004, he was arrested by campus police and charged with entering a co-ed's room. Uninvited, he was intoxicated at the time of the incident and the woman claimed he exposed himself and fondled her. He pleaded guilty to burglary and trespassing, but a charge of unlawful sexual contact was vacated by the court for lack of evidence. He was dismissed from the team.

From our get to know thread top of page

Yeah I guess thats a more detailed version of what I heard. I dunno though, there are just a lot of things I dislike about him. Level of competition, sidearm release, hip motion, overall mechanics, character concerns, the game against UGA (the only real team he played), his size, inflated statistics because of the offensive system, lack of a downfield arm, always playing out of the shotgun, etc etc

Call me crazy, but I'm just really confused on why people are so excited about him. Can anyone give me a real reason besides his inflated numbers or the fact that he looked good against inferior competition?

Of course, disagree with the organization's moves because they drafted a bad person and I should leave. Come on now.

Of course, nobody should get a second chance. This guy has turned his life around and broken every record you can. Did you see the video where they wore #21 on their helmets? Have you seen this guy play? Extremely accurate and pretty mobile. Perfect fit for the WCO. You know nothing about this guy.

There was only one player I did not want us to get and Brennan was it. His is a garbage person, a garbage player, and has a garbage attitude. This entire second day has been so disappointing on so many levels and this just caps it. If he ever plays a down for Washington, I'll throw away 21 years of fandom. Gibbs would have never let us take Brennan.

This isn't Gibbs team anymore. You are acting like a spoiled little kid. Come on give Colt a chance. And I dont believe you when you say that you will throw you fan hood away. I tried when I was 13-14 but I love this team to damn much. LOL

There was only one player I did not want us to get and Brennan was it. His is a garbage person, a garbage player, and has a garbage attitude. This entire second day has been so disappointing on so many levels and this just caps it. If he ever plays a down for Washington, I'll throw away 21 years of fandom. Gibbs would have never let us take Brennan.

get off your high horse Timmy Chang. Hes better than you. period. this smear campaign wont bring your records back.:doh:

I am neutral. I am a Jason Campbell believer. We re-signed Todd Collins as a backup. Brennan isn't that good. But I guess Zorn can work woth him and he can be an effective backup, I guess....actually no I don't like this pick at all. But I hope I am wrong.

I really like this pick. Welcome to the maroon, black and yellow, Colt!

wait did i miss something or did we really change our colors??? please tell me no, please tell me no :(

i remember someone making a comment on the radio but i thought it was a joke

From the redskins,com interview.

Brennan: "Washington stepped up and took a chance on me and I owe them so much for that. I just can't wait to get out there and show them that it(the chance on him) was worth it."

Nothing like having a talented kid with a chip on his shoulder looking to prove himself and work his butt off just to get his shot :applause:

You are wrong on so many levels.

How is he a garbage person? Because Colorado, a school who had already had a record of sexual crimes, blames him for crimes he was aquitted of?

I know Gibbs is high character, but he's not going to refuse to draft a person who was never guilty.

And if one player who you wish we didn't is the reason why you quit as a fan, you were never a fan to begin with. Hop off the bandwagon now.

I think that it is more of competition. There is nothing wrong with having competition at the starting QB positions or having the guy work harder. I think that is what makes our country great. If Jason was just given the job, then there would the team would be going down hill fast. Look at what happened when we had Brunell for the two years and a half of starting. Unless he was going to be pushed by Campbell, there was no way that our team was ever going to get in the right direction. I don't know about Brennan's off the field issues, but I as long as they didn't overpay, and in which case they didn't, it was a good move. The major mistake that the FO has done in this draft was ignore the defensive line, offensive line (to a certain extent.), and defensive backfield. I do like the wr picks though. I would give our draft a C+.

Archived