Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And now he's a Skin! Colt Brennan (Merged & M.E.T.)

skins383

There was only one player I did not want us to get and Brennan was it. His is a garbage person, a garbage player, and has a garbage attitude. This entire second day has been so disappointing on so many levels and this just caps it. If he ever plays a down for Washington, I'll throw away 21 years of fandom. Gibbs would have never let us take Brennan.

peace out then brotha! :peaceout:

I like this... The kid had an issue when he was young, but got a second chance at Hawaii. Since then, he has remodeled himself into a model student athlete. The players on that team have said what a great leader he was on that team.

I know many analysts have said a product of the system, but I think he can make it with some tutelage and given a true chance.

BTW... to the fan who said he would give up his fandom if we let this kid play a down... maybe being a fan of a football team isn't the thing for you.. This team does not need fans who give up their love of the team so freely...

This pick was a steal this late in the draft, plain and simple. Some of you are making him sound like the equivalent of a Pacman ... ridiculous.

He's extremely accurate and I certainly trust Zorn on picking a QB ... I think he'll be a good "project" for him to develop.

Brennan has had some hip pain for a while that's hurt his performance some (especially in the Bowl game) but he's had surgery to correct it and should be recovered enough to make it to training camp.

I think there's a couple posters in this thread that just might have some crow to eat in a year or two.

BTW... to the fan who said he would give up his fandom if we let this kid play a down... maybe being a fan of a football team isn't the thing for you.. This team does not need fans who give up their love of the team so freely...

True that! I get so tired of these idle "threats" from so called fans. Hope the door doesnt hit him on the way out. :)

Heh, I don't think he'll ever be a good NFL QB but I can't really argue with the pick. We need a 3rd stringer and he's obviously a good character guy.

Why do u say that? He was accused of sexual assault. I don't see what makes u assume that.

i guess thats good expanding our fanbase

man... i never even thought of that. the state of hawaii DID love Brennan and he really embraced the culture out there. if he makes the roster, it will definitely bring some new fans to the franchise. which i am all for. i'd love to see more skins jerseys in the stands during the pro bowl game.

Getting Brennan in the 6th was an excellent pick. Keep in mind that we picked Jordan Palmer last year in the same round, and he didn't have HALF of Colt's resume as a QB in college.

Colt has a much better chance at blossoming under Zorn's tutelage than Jordan did under Gibbs. Keep in mind also that Zorn was able to turn Seneca Wallace into a contributor at QB. I think he could do the same thing with Colt Brennan! :D

For his major college career, he set 31 NCAA, 27 conference and 72 school records....whats not to like...:applause: best draft in the last 10 years easy...

He plays in the Western Athletic Conference.

No one in the WAC is any good. They never run the ball, he played in an offense that pads stats. Remember Timmy Chang? He broke all kinds of records, and now he's nowhere. Colt Brennen will amount to nothing. If you ask me, drafting a third string QB is stupid.

Good character guy? He got caught walking into a random girl's dorm room and fondling her. He also got kicked off his football team at Colorado for it. I would definitely call him a lot of things but a good character guy is not one of them.

I did not know that.

Alright guys, as a long time Boys fan from HI, I had to come and give you the story on Colt. He came to HI with some baggage (sex assault charges-dismissed) and there were groups of people trying to get the program to deny his entry into UH. He spoke to those groups personally admitting that he made a mistake, and was put on probation pretty much through his whole UH career. Since coming to UH, he has been a model citizen and well as a stellar QB. He is worlds better than Timmy Chang ever was. Much more accurate, much quicker release, and tons of heart. He has become an icon here, but get this. He NEVER turns down an autograph. He will stay until the LAST person gets their thing signed. Kids, adults, no matter, he'd stay an hour later than everyone else to make sure everyone was happy. Another thing is guys love to play for and with him. Great leadership. Picked as starter and captain of Senior Bowl team.

I have to say, I hate you guys just a little bit less now that CB is on your team.

Alright guys, as a long time Boys fan from HI, I had to come and give you the story on Colt. He came to HI with some baggage (sex assault charges-dismissed) and there were groups of people trying to get the program to deny his entry into UH. He spoke to those groups personally admitting that he made a mistake, and was put on probation pretty much through his whole UH career. Since coming to UH, he has been a model citizen and well as a stellar QB. He is worlds better than Timmy Chang ever was. Much more accurate, much quicker release, and tons of heart. He has become an icon here, but get this. He NEVER turns down an autograph. He will stay until the LAST person gets their thing signed. Kids, adults, no matter, he'd stay an hour later than everyone else to make sure everyone was happy. Another thing is guys love to play for and with him. Great leadership. Picked as starter and captain of Senior Bowl team.

I have to say, I hate you guys just a little bit less now that CB is on your team.

thanks for the insight....

kids make mistakes, everyone knows that. it appears that he learned from his mistake and matured tremendously since then. some of you are acting like people are incapable of changing.

Archived