Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

And now he's a Skin! Colt Brennan (Merged & M.E.T.)

skins383

He plays in the Western Athletic Conference.

No one in the WAC is any good. They never run the ball, he played in an offense that pads stats. Remember Timmy Chang? He broke all kinds of records, and now he's nowhere. Colt Brennen will amount to nothing. If you ask me, drafting a third string QB is stupid.

I think the WAC has had ONE QB that was great... Steve Young...

anything is possible, but the odds are against him. At least he won't be rushed in... He will hopefully be the #3 and learn the offense and get comfortbale enough to do well if we ever need him to play.

thanks for the insight....

kids make mistakes, everyone knows that. it appears that he learned from his mistake and matured tremendously since then. some of you are acting like people are incapable of changing.

Also, part of his probation said he couldn't drink. Tough life being the star QB and celeb of the state and not have a beer in 3 years. I think he quit drinking for good, and his girlfriend is HOT. Shakti something.

There was only one player I did not want us to get and Brennan was it. His is a garbage person, a garbage player, and has a garbage attitude. This entire second day has been so disappointing on so many levels and this just caps it. If he ever plays a down for Washington, I'll throw away 21 years of fandom. Gibbs would have never let us take Brennan.

Are you ****ing crazy? This guy is a monsteR!!!!!!!!!!!! You just watch and see!

I think the WAC has had ONE QB that was great... Steve Young...

anything is possible, but the odds are against him. At least he won't be rushed in... He will hopefully be the #3 and learn the offense and get comfortbale enough to do well if we ever need him to play.

I'm not against Colt...I just see him as a pointless pick.

We'll see...overall a decent draft for sure

Are you ****ing crazy? This guy is a monsteR!!!!!!!!!!!! You just watch and see!

That'll be a long wait. He's starting the season on IR due to a recent hip surgery per rotoworld...

Lets not forget the guy was picked up for depth as a 3rd stringer and is considered a future backup by pretty much every scout. I wasn't crazy about the pick because I think a backup is as good as it gets for him. We can get that from a UDFA

thanks for the insight....

kids make mistakes, everyone knows that. it appears that he learned from his mistake and matured tremendously since then. some of you are acting like people are incapable of changing.

I don't have any problem with second chances for kids that make a mistake at a young age. I welcome this pick.

But those of you brushing off the seriousness of his previous incident are being a little short-sighted as well.

Yes, the sexual assault charges were dropped, but he was convicted of charges of felony burglary and trespassing. So the skins just drafted a convicted felon.

I don't have any problem with second chances for kids that make a mistake at a young age. I welcome this pick.

But those of you brushing off the seriousness of his previous incident are being a little short-sighted as well.

Yes, the sexual assault charges were dropped, but he was convicted of charges of felony burglary and trespassing. So the skins just drafted a convicted felon.

Pffft. Call me when we get to the Cowboys level of jailhouse football. :rolleyes:

There was only one player I did not want us to get and Brennan was it. His is a garbage person, a garbage player, and has a garbage attitude. This entire second day has been so disappointing on so many levels and this just caps it. If he ever plays a down for Washington, I'll throw away 21 years of fandom. Gibbs would have never let us take Brennan.

Bye. Attitudes like yours belong on Philly fanboards anyway. This was the best draft we've had in years.

Over this? Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

That whole statement says lots about you and your fanhood. :doh: While you're at it maybe you and Mass_SkinsFan can throw yourselves a little party.

If a sixth round pick is what destroys your fandom, good riddance.

I like the Brennan pick. I'm not high on him but this late in the draft, why not? If he doesn't pan out we throw him away and it doesn't kill us.

Me too! I LOVE this pick. 6th round, a guy who has "done it" in college, but has questions about being a "system" guy (same thing "they" said about Tom Brady. No way am I comparing him to Brady, I'm just mentioning "they"). Any way, why not take a flyer on him. Any pick after the 5th round, IMO, is a gamble anyway.

:applause:

Over this? Don't let the door hit you in the *** on the way out.

That whole statement says lots about you and your fanhood. :doh: While you're at at it maybe you and Mass_SkinsFan can throw yourselves a little party.

AMEN! (again):applause:

I love the pick. And besides, we needed a third stringer, and no other QB fit our offense.

Give him a chance, let him duke it out for the #2. He's quick AND very accurate, which is sorely needed at the NFL's speed.

How come there weren't as many people bashing the Palmer pick when that WAS a wasted pick? At least Colt has an opening to compete for.

The Cowboys get praise and zero ridicule for getting "Pacman" and the Skins get hell for drafting Brennan. I don't get it...:doh:. If it was vice versa ESPN and the talking heads would have come after us hard.

I hate how espn hates on us every chance they get. It would be great if Colt turned out to be a starting QB down the road, then the same guys would be talking about how great he is. :laugh:

I am glad we picked him up. He might work out good and if not its not like he was a top pick. The reward is worth the risk.

Archived