Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Deciding between TWO (per ESPN's Rumor Central_

DCchillin89

Assuming that Harvey, Cromartie-Rogers and the elite O-lineman are gone, I'm good with Merling. He can move inside to d-tackle if he doesn't show great pass rushing ability from edge. He'd be a force on the inside. Still, I'd rather trade down to #26 with JAX, and pick up their second pick in the 3rd round, which they got from Buffalo for Stroud. I think they would want Merling more than we do, and they've filled many of their other needs in free agency. Merling is a G. Williams kind of player. At 26, we could take Campbell, Balmer or maybe even Mayo. Nelson or Kelly will be there in the second round. I lean toward Nelson as a player with less risk attached.

Yeah, to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the Iggles snagged him. :(

Eagles are now pushing hard for a OLineman and like Chris Williams and Jeff Otah. Sweed will defintely be there. I am sure of that. Hell I will even bet my sig if need be. Devin Thomas will be the first one off the board.

Kelly at 21 is a huge reach and I would be upset if it happens. Why too many similar receivers available later.

We're in sort of a funky position since Kelly is likely to fall to the 2nd, but unlikely to fall to us there. Hardy could fall to the 2nd but it would also probably be early 2nd. Either we stay put and pick him up at #21 (or, I hope, perhaps Sweed if this is a smokescreen), try to trade down and still get him (a nice scenario but not all that likely), or we hope he is there in the 2nd and if he isn't we figure Jordy falls to us in the 2nd (much more likely). That or we trade up to the upper part of the 2nd round but I'd rather not give picks away.

Dear Draft Fairy,

I've been good all year, except for the parts between January and December. I never called in sick when I wasn't except for that one time in March, and then again in May, June, August, October and November. I've been really good.

All I want for Draft Day is Devin Thomas. So if you could just make sure he falls to us, I promise to not say vile things about the Cowboys for the rest of the year. (Excluding the part between now and New Year's Eve.)

Thanks,

honorary_hog

Lol this was great :D

Kelly's a wild card in this whole thing. I'm just hoping that some other poor team looking for a big receiver is stup-er...desperate enough to grab him before our pick comes around because I don't like him one bit. Kelly isn't even in the NFL yet and he already thinks that he can get away with bashing his college coaches for his own slow 40 time.

I'm hoping that either Sweed or Devin Thomas could fall to us at 21. If that doesn't happen, we should trade out of the spot for an early second rounder and an early 4th rounder (since we get passed over in the 4th this year), and go after Jordy Nelson.

Kirwan says that we're going to draft Kenny Phillips. I think he's full of crap. Even if Phillips managed to stick around on the board for 20 picks (if he's as good as everyone says he is, he'll go before then), we need WRs, CBs, and DL a lot worse than we need another safety. After all, we've got LaRon Landry.

Merling is the man. I admire how he played hurt last season, and took needles to the groin area so he could get out on the field and play. Sure, draft this DE, and the Skins can then take a WR later on....I'd also like to see them take a DT in this draft. Wow, can you imagine if the Skins actually had 2 or 3 D-linemen who could get after the QB?

Archived