Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Deciding between TWO (per ESPN's Rumor Central_

DCchillin89

Redskins deciding between two

The Redskins seem to be making one last check before selecting Oklahoma wide receiver Malcolm Kelly or Clemson defensive end Phillip Merling, writes John Clayton. A good portion of the Redskins' front office jumped on Dan Snyder's plane and visited both players Thursday. Kelly did some shuttle runs. They wanted to spend a little more time with Merling. It's pretty clear these are the Redskins' finalists if they are available at No. 21.

That's from Rumor Central. Couldn't complain about either one. I think Merling is low Risk and Malcolm has a lot of upside....

thoughts???

well obviouslly it is not ONLY between those two. they are both quality players but if someone else drops that we didn't expect to im sure we'll make a move. Also, if someone else is here that other teams want you could see a deal go down. You never know what is going to happen on draft day.

I think Kelly would be a reach with the #21 pick. I would be content with Merling there and taking a WR in the 2nd round. Or trading out of the first round to take Kelly.

I'm not enamored with either one but I would

rather take Merling in the 1st round.

If I had my choice we would take Limas Sweed

over Malcom Kelly.

Malcolm Kelly? :doh:

No...you'd better not. Take Limas Sweed before you take Kelly. Kelly is the next Mike Williams. I'm telling you. And, for anyone who knows who I'm talking about, that's not a compliment.

Really, I'm sure you know these receivers better then the Redskins who've spent millions on scouting because you watched a couple of YouTube highlights :rolleyes:

Dear Draft Fairy,

I've been good all year, except for the parts between January and December. I never called in sick when I wasn't except for that one time in March, and then again in May, June, August, October and November. I've been really good.

All I want for Draft Day is Devin Thomas. So if you could just make sure he falls to us, I promise to not say vile things about the Cowboys for the rest of the year. (Excluding the part between now and New Year's Eve.)

Thanks,

honorary_hog

Malcolm Kelly? :doh:

No...you'd better not. Take Limas Sweed before you take Kelly. Kelly is the next Mike Williams. I'm telling you. And, for anyone who knows who I'm talking about, that's not a compliment.

I'm telling you he's not. He's going to be a stud. Think Braylon Edwards. Look at the film. Great hands, He's great after the catch. Great jumping ability. Plus he can run all routes. I like sweed, but Kelly will be better. Plus now Kelly has a chip on his shoulder and he will prove everyone like you wrong!

Really, I'm sure you know these receivers better then the Redskins who've spent millions on scouting because you watched a couple of YouTube highlights :rolleyes:

It's not so much than Kelly ran a 4.68 40. Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40...

It's the fact that, instead of saying that he got a bad jump or that he's working on improving himself, he lashed out at his old coaching staff. Some bull about the turf. This guy has attitude problems and (possibly) an inflated view of his own skills that's a bit reminiscent of T.O., only slower.

The thing that makes me not so hot on Kelly is his supposed attitude problem. I really do like the fact that he goes over the middle and does not shy away from contact. But I would still rather get a DE in the first and a WR in the 2nd and if we get Kelly in the 2nd I would feel better about him.

I think there's a good chance we are looking Kelly for the second round. He's a major reach at #21 IMO.

I wouldn't be that surprised if they trade up in the 2nd to get Kelly (that is if he really is the guy they want and it isn't a smokescreen). The chances of him being there when we pick in the 2nd are relatively slim. So then maybe he gets picked up and Jordy could possibly get picked up before us in the 2nd (though I doubt it), and we're left with the detrius. Thomas, Sweed and quite possibly Hardy will go in the 1st round. Maybe DeSean Jackson too. The Bills will either reach for Thomas with #11, try to trade down and get him, or get someone else. In that case the Eagles will probably grab Thomas if he gets there. Then if we pass up on Sweed he will probably go to the Cowboys, Titans, or 49ers. Hardy would be another that could be taken by one of those teams.

Just because they visited Kelly yesterday, doesn't mean that they're considering him at 21. ESPN may be jumping to conclusions. I also don't see Kelly lasting until our pick in the 2nd round. This leads me to believe that they have a trade down scenario in the works.

Dear Draft Fairy,

I've been good all year, except for the parts between January and December. I never called in sick when I wasn't except for that one time in March, and then again in May, June, August, October and November. I've been really good.

All I want for Draft Day is Devin Thomas. So if you could just make sure he falls to us, I promise to not say vile things about the Cowboys for the rest of the year. (Excluding the part between now and New Year's Eve.)

Thanks,

honorary_hog

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Archived