Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

limas vs malcom

bertoskins

Sweed by far. Kelly has a degenerative knee problem; a rookie with those problems=no thanks. Sweed has the potential to be a top tier wr imo.

Sweed missed 6 games his senior year with a 2nd wrist injury...no thanks.. Kelly hurt is knee one time in the Fiesta Bowl in Jan. 07 and came back to catch 9 Td's that fall......

sign em, champioooooonship....:)

After reading another post I think Kelly is a smokescreen and we will draft either Sweed (HOOKEM HORNS) Or wait and get Nelson in the 2nd. Personally I think we shoudl draft both but I think if we draft 2 WRs some people on this board will have heart atatcks.

Sweed missed 6 games his senior year with a 2nd wrist injury...no thanks.. Kelly hurt is knee one time in the Fiesta Bowl in Jan. 07 and came back to catch 9 Td's that fall......

sign em, champioooooonship....:)

He also hurt his knee (again) in the offseason, he also ran a terrible 40, and proceeded to blame his school, and still his yet another knee problem.

Malcolm Kelly isn't even in the top 3 anymore, really. Hardy, Thomas, and of course, Sweed all have him down.

ditto, we should just grab Jordy Nelson in the 2nd round. :D

Nelson MIGHT be better than Kelly, but he's nothing compared to Sweed. He might rack up a bunch of receptions, but he rarely scores. Only 9% of his receptions went for scores last season.

Ditto...

He's taller, faster, strong and more agile than both. Plus he has no lingering injury issues like Sweed's wrist or Kelly's knees.

per Scouts.com, not so much

all 3 are listed @4.5 40

Kelly/6"4, Sweed/6"5, Hardy/6"5.5

and as far as strong, I've read a couple places where this is not Hardy's strong suit at all.

"Releases were just adequate (doesn't scream off the line) and will need work vs the press. Wasn't physical as a runner and did little away from the football(won't block). Doesn't run through the ball on comebacks."

Sweed by far. Kelly has a degenerative knee problem; a rookie with those problems=no thanks. Sweed has the potential to be a top tier wr imo.

A degenerative knee condition didn't stop us from drafting Rocky McIntosh. Why should it stop us now?

BTW, I don't want to draft a receiver in the 1st round, but if we do, I'd take Sweed before Kelly.

It will take a WR 3 years to even make plays.

See Braylon Edwards.

Really? See Anthony Gonzalez, Marcus Colston, Dwayne Bowe, etc, etc, etc...

True, it can be kind of a crap shoot though. The good thing about us, is we have two solid WRs in Moss and ARE, so we won't need the guy to jump in and be a #1 right away.

A degenerative knee condition didn't stop us from drafting Rocky McIntosh. Why should it stop us now?

BTW, I don't want to draft a receiver in the 1st round, but if we do, I'd take Sweed before Kelly.

I'm pretty sure Rocky got his knee condition after his 2nd season, not his college career.

I think the highlight films tell the tale. In all the highlight films I saw for Sweed, I never saw him run a slant or a crossing route. I never saw him getting popped by a DB or LB and hang onto the ball.

All of those things I saw in Kelly's highlight films.

While Sweed will probably be the better downfield threat, the fact is we already have a couple guys who are downfield threats. What we need is a guy who can make the tough catch across the middle. I don't see Sweed being that guy right now. That's why, baring any issues with his knees, Kelly would be the better choice for us.

Jason

I don't want a 1st Rounder too much of a chance for a bust. We need our first rounder either on OLine, DLine or Corner.

If you don't want a bust, then you should switch DLine for WR, considering how there were very few former 1st rounders in the Top 10 for sacks last season.

A WR in the 1st round is a much, much better idea than a DE, especially since none of the DEs after Long and Gholston are 3 down DEs (they either excel in pass rush only, or run stop only), where as WRs like Sweed and Thomas can get hard-earned 1st downs, or long TDs.

Every position in the draft is risky. There is no safe position, regardless.

No, Rocky was a first round graded player until his knee issues became public.

Jason

I didn't know that. Interesting.

Maybe thats why we didn't play him during his rookie year?

I don't want a 1st Rounder too much of a chance for a bust. We need our first rounder either on OLine, DLine or Corner.

There has been countless 1st round Dline busts as well.....for that matter EVERY position....this thing is a crapshoot...period. We need to take the best player available at our 3 biggest position needs.

its very difficult , who is the better and tougher wr for us.

I think Kelly will be playing with a chip on his shoulder. Of course, the added weight will probably have him running a 4.8 instead of the blazing fast 4.69 he ran! :laugh:

Anyway, I really think Sweed will be the better of the 2.

Neither. Jordy Nelson is the best pick by far.

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: Your on crack. IMO

Malcolm Kelly will be the next larry fitzgearld. Mark my words. I like sweed also, but Kelly is better. He's tough, great hands, average timed speed, but great game speed.

I like Hardy better than both of them. Why's he not even included? What's the knock on him that I don't know about?

Seems like a stud to me, but never seen him play. Never seen any of them play as a matter of fact.

per Scouts.com, not so much

all 3 are listed @4.5 40

Kelly/6"4, Sweed/6"5, Hardy/6"5.5

and as far as strong, I've read a couple places where this is not Hardy's strong suit at all.

"Releases were just adequate (doesn't scream off the line) and will need work vs the press. Wasn't physical as a runner and did little away from the football(won't block). Doesn't run through the ball on comebacks."

Did you miss the combine?

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/james-hardy?id=1024

Hardy was very impressive. He was a top performer in Bench press | Broad jump | 3-cone drill | 20-yard shuttle . He ran a 4.45 forty. His veritical for 6'6 was 37"!

Kelly had quad issues and on his pro day ran 4.8. What's that TE speed? Im not impressed with anything Kelly has done to this point that would warrant a first round pick.

Sweed on the other hand is very comparable to Hardy. IMO Hardy has more upside. More athletic. B Ball player also.

Id have to go with Kelly. Sweed may have injury problems and Kelly's knee thing is only "potential". I say Kelly because it is noted he is best fit for a West Coast offense.

Swee doesn't have "injury problems," he had one injury in his college career that kept him out of games.

Kelly had a knee issue during the fiesta bowl, then a knee injury during the post-season workouts for the draft, followed by a new knee problem on his other knee.

Both of his knees have some sort of problem. Who's the one with the injury bug? Because it isn't Sweed.

Archived