Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

limas vs malcom

bertoskins

Neither of these guys are going to be worth their draft slot.

Looking back at other receivers to have gone through their respective schools, I can't honestly say that Sweed is better than Roy Williams. And the same goes for Kelley and Mark Clayton.

Malcom Kelly easily! If you watched games of the two or heck go to youtube and watch highlights. Kelly makes circus catches, runs very very well after the catch, and blocks extremely well. Sweed goes down 99% of the time by the first person who touches him. The highlights dont lie. I want to see a guy who can do something after the catch.

Highlights don't lie?

Brandon Lloyd made some incredible catches in San Fransico...

Highlights LIE

Being a fan of the Big 12 and seeing Kelly, Sweed and Nelson all play many times....I would go with Kelly hands down! He's got some of the best hands I've seen and his character is being blown out of proportion. He didn't cause any problems at OU until they misdiagnosed his knee injury that set him back on his recovery. Thats why he lashed out at OUs strength coach. Wouldn't you be upset if you were misdiagnosed and it cost you millions of dollars by becoming a 2nd round player? I'm an OU fan and I don't blame him a bit.

Nelson and Sweed could be solid players in the NFL, but they don't have the star potential Kelly has.

I'll be hoping Kelly is still on the board in the 2nd round thats for sure!

I'd pick Kelly. People seem to hype his flaws and underestimate his strengths. What is his weakness? He's had injury concerns and a bad 40 time. And every year we see players like Willis McGahee(injuries) and Anquan Boldin(speed) over come these issues. I think Malcolm Kelly will be another player along those lines. Why? Well, what is his strength? His hands. He catches any and every ball around him. The most important attribute a receiver can have. I watch NFL network 24/7 and Kelly is widely recognized as having the best hands of ANY receiver in this draft. I'm not saying Sweed won't be a solid receiver someday because I believe he will be, but I see Kelly as being a guy who has potential to go beyond just being solid. To being elite. JMO

I like both players. Personally I am higher on Sweed. This guy by most scouts and anylysts projected him to be a first rounder in 2007. He is also considered to be a future #1 receiver for a team. He had 1 injury, that after six games forced him to get surgery on a wrist ligament. He showed at his pro-day it was not a problem or concern. By most scouts and experts around says he is the most NFL ready and best WR in the class. This guy does not go down on first contact, if you watch his highlights he carries CB's for about 3 yards. Sweed wasn't utilized on crosses or down the middle because he was the Longhorns deep outside weapon which he excels in. It doesn't mean he can't go over the middle or catch in traffic becuase this guy can, just wasn't used that way.

I like Kelly as well and orginally wanted him but thought he would be off the board. Then I read about his knee problems, and was scared away like every team, scout, and analyst. I would defenitely take a shot on this guy in the second.

Jordy is a guy I like as well; not as much upside being a true #1 receiver sooner rather than later like Kelly or Sweed. I see him as a project WR but very capable. I would defenitely take a shot on this guy in the second as well.

Hardy is a good project WR. This dood caught 79 passes but was thrown to 144 times. He has character issues to boot. Not sold on this guy.

Devin Thomas most likely will be the first WR off the board. I just don't know about giving any player a 1st round grade only having 1 productive year. This is a huge crap shoot and why I think most 1st rounders are busts, they take a chance on a guy that only did good 1year.

I am going to have to look into that. "1st rounders and 1 year of college production equals busts" this is my next research. Be on the lookout.

I like both players. Personally I am higher on Sweed. This guy by most scouts and anylysts projected him to be a first rounder in 2007. He is also considered to be a future #1 receiver for a team. He had 1 injury, that after six games forced him to get surgery on a wrist ligament. He showed at his pro-day it was not a problem or concern. By most scouts and experts around says he is the most NFL ready and best WR in the class. This guy does not go down on first contact, if you watch his highlights he carries CB's for about 3 yards. Sweed wasn't utilized on crosses or down the middle because he was the Longhorns deep outside weapon which he excels in. It doesn't mean he can't go over the middle or catch in traffic becuase this guy can, just wasn't used that way.

God I hope the Skins FO realizes this as well as you and I.

Sweed by far. Kelly has a degenerative knee problem; a rookie with those problems=no thanks. Sweed has the potential to be a top tier wr imo.

I agree.

I would take Sweed, however, if Branden Albert is there, I hope we get him... Sweed is my second choice.

Archived