Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Whitlock NFL Columm (Chad Johnson/Redskins Mention)

ConcordNCSkinsFan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8068520/10-Truths:-Pacman,-the-draft,-and-Ocho-Cinco

2. Can someone explain to me why the Bengals didn't pull the trigger on a Chad Johnson-to-the-Redskins trade? Sending any big-time player to Daniel Snyder's Redskins is a virtual guarantee that the player will stink. This would be totally different from allowing Corey Dillon to escape to the New England Patriots. Johnson wouldn't win a Super Bowl in Washington. Johnson wouldn't be vindicated. The Bengals could unload Johnson's contract, bad attitude and locker-room cancer.

What a POS. Yeah, all the Bengals players being arrested, but Chad is a locker-room cancer. Whatever.

CJ wouldn't do well here? Are you joking? Moving to an offensive system that allows WRs to get lots of yards wouldn't help CJ? This blurb reads like just as bad, if not worse, then some of the statements made by the haters on this site.

Sending any player to the Skins means they're guaranteed to stink? Someone needs to let Jason ****-lock know that Portis, Fletcher, Moss, Carter, and Randy Thomas play for the Skins, who all came here via FA or trade, have performed well, and that the Skins are coming off a playoff season.

What a douchebag.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoys Jason Whitlock's writing most of the time. You'd be angry too if you had to cover Kansas City teams on a regular basis.:)

Anyway, he's right, why the hell didn't the Bengals take our offer, we offered way too much IMO. Hell, if Randy Moss can be had for a 4th rounder, there's no way we should have been dangling a #1 for Chad, especially when we know there are problems between him and the Bengals.

Anyway, he's right, why the hell didn't the Bengals take our offer, we offered way too much IMO. Hell, if Randy Moss can be had for a 4th rounder, there's no way we should have been dangling a #1 for Chad, especially when we know there are problems between him and the Bengals.

From what I heard, Dallas had offered one of their 1st round picks.

Jason

I'm neutral on Whitlock in general, but he's right. I think the Bengals are stupid to dig in their heals on this.

They've got a pro-bowl qb, decent stable of runners and a pro-bowl wr in Housh.

I'd take our 2 draft picks for 30-year-old CJ.

They know better than anyone right now that wr's don't win superbowls.

They could use those picks to build their putrid defense.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoys Jason Whitlock's writing

Not to argue, but Moss did nothing the year before he went to the Patriots. Thats why the 4th round was excepted. If Moss would have put up the numbers that year that Johnson did last year, i'm sure it would have been a 1st rounder, or he would have stayed put.

:helmet:

I'd like to have him but I just don't think it will happen. I have a strange feeling that our 1st round pick just might go to Miami for Jason Taylor and we'll end up moving up a bit in the 2nd round and grab Jordy Nelson. Hopefully that strange feeling is just gas. ;)

he's one of the few players not to be arrested on the Bengals, yet he's the team cancer. laughable

Thank You! Perfectly stated.

That's why I believe he is so mad at the organization. They were making him out to be the reason the team was losing, but that is complete nonsense. The team lost because their defense was awful.

I have to say, I really thought Marvin Lewis would do a better job running a tight ship out there, not necessarily winning, because his hands are tied in the money department.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoys Jason Whitlock's writing most of the time. You'd be angry too if you had to cover Kansas City teams on a regular basis.:)

the randy moss case was a unique situation that cannot be applied for the standard of what a receiver's trade value is. apples and oranges situation.

That is a cheap shot....but not entirely not true. But more true to moves we've made in the past, then recently. Still thats a cheap shot I would rather come out of a redskins fans mouth.......not some fat dude that is known for doing nothing more than taking cheap shots.

I am not saying that CJ is not a pain in the rear (see also Moss and TO), but he was not the reason the Bengals stunk last year. If you watched any of their games it was obvious that their defense was one of the worst in recent memory and they couldn't run the ball consistently. The passing game (including Chad) was brilliant.

That said, I am on record on this sight as saying I don't want him in DC, unless it was at a bargain price. That idea has already been blown up!

he's one of the few players not to be arrested on the Bengals, yet he's the team cancer. laughable

LOL. For real. The Bengals have arrest after arrest and now Marvin Lewis trys to flex his muscles and be a jerk to a player who's never had trouble with the law and has been an asset to the team. I can't believe Lewis has any input in trading Chad or not. Lewis is on the hot seat and should be fired. He's a terrible coach.

Exactly. He's the one scoring the TDs and making that offense and entire team look even remotely like an NFL team, yet he get blamed, and not the real cancers on that team.

Jay Glazer spoke about the situation on Rome today...Basically he shared a story where during a game (halftime I think, maybe the following day), Marvin asked anyone to stand up who was tired of Chad's antics. Palmer stood up immediately and Chad just kept yelling over Palmer instead of letting him talk. Cool team player.

Edit: For those calling Whitlock a hater - remember he's the one that picked the Skins to do something big last year. This place reminds me of Charlton Heston sometimes.

Jay Glazer spoke about the situation on Rome today...Basically he shared a story where during a game (halftime I think, maybe the following day), Marvin asked anyone to stand up who was tired of Chad's antics. Palmer stood up immediately and Chad just kept yelling over Palmer instead of letting him talk. Cool team player.

Did Marvin ask anyone to stand up who was tired of the antics of

the Bengal players who have had trouble with the law?

All of a sudden he wants to play "Big Bad Marvin." :rolleyes:

Archived