Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's your favorite baseball team?

NDSkinsguy

The O's didn't do so bad in the draft last year. We did get the best player in the draft.

Are you talking about Snyder?? Is he even playing yet... he got hurt like day two and was out for the season.

His dad was my brother's trainer in high school, he was a pitcher for the A's.

I definitely think we got the better end of the Bedard deal... I didn't at first but since I have seen Sherrill close three times this season... I am sold. I hope he can keep it up. My husband said he is a little nervous about him having to face more than three batters though.

I think that Tillman will be a guy to follow as he moves up to the majors in a couple of years. He might end up being the best player in the trade. At this point, Jones is definitely the best player in the trade.

those teams have spent money in the minors big time. Signing guys and developing them. Sorry the nats are in the haves. Orioles not. We had the best draft last year and one of the best farm systems now, buddy:doh:

I was talking about PAYROLL when I said the Have's and Have Not's, so the Nats are in the HAVE NOT's Buddy! :doh:

Also, like I said, the Expos were always know for having a great minor league system because they couldn't afford them once they were at the Major League level. And, the O's are turning around their farm systems and McPhail has them going in the right direction. We're just 3 years behind the Nats.

Your right MLB didnt have to cave in to Angelos but they did....I blame MLB but I blame Angelos more because he is punishing the Nationals every year (and it will go on forever) financially rather than accept some lump sum from MLB to get things done and over with.

As for the cable argument...your right it was Comcast that was not wanting to show MASN but MASN was created by Angelos...if he had just let the Nats do what they wanted with their own TV rights we could have signed onto COMCAST or allowed UPN-MY20 or some other channel that already existed to show the Nats games. But instead we were held hostage cuz Angelos wanted to do it his way which required cable companies to pay money for a new station that didnt even exist.

Both of those were brokered in the deal with MLB for letting the Nats move into "Orioles territory," as defined by Major League Baseball. It can not be argued that a substantial amount of revenue for the Orioles was lost when the Nationals moved to D.C. No matter how bad the O's have been in the last decade, a new team just down the road still took away from ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

In the rules of MLB, they were entitled to compensation. Should they have received as much compensation as they recieved? I sure don't think so, and I am pretty sure you agree. In my eyes, I think MLB let Angelos get away with way too much, but I am not going to blame him for asking for it. I blame MLB for not having any guts. Just my opinion.

Do I think A-Rod deserves $30 million a year? Hell no. But am I going to blame him for signing the contract? Absolutely not.

Are you talking about Snyder?? Is he even playing yet... he got hurt like day two and was out for the season.

Matt Wieters out of Georgia Tech. He should be in the starting lineup by next years opening day.

I think that Tillman will be a guy to follow as he moves up to the majors in a couple of years. He might end up being the best player in the trade. At this point, Jones is definitely the best player in the trade.

I agree... I have talked about Jones earlier in this thread. I am beyond surprised the way the O's have started off. I am just extra impressed with Sherrill... that guy is huge but he has great control. I didn't think I would go to three games all season I was so disheartened in the off-season and I have already been to three with three more coming up next week with the Yankees in town.

I have to say though... the highlight of my season thus far is the fans booing Huff for his off-colour comments and him answering with doubles and two home runs... I will boo that **** all season if keeps that fire under his arse!

I think he is talking about Weiters. He is hitting .375 so far at Frederick and hit two homers in the first game of the year.

Both of those were brokered in the deal with MLB for letting the Nats move into "Orioles territory," as defined by Major League Baseball. It can not be argued that a substantial amount of revenue for the Orioles was lost when the Nationals moved to D.C. No matter how bad the O's have been in the last decade, a new team just down the road still took away from ticket sales, merchandise, etc.

In the rules of MLB, they were entitled to compensation. Should they have received as much compensation as they recieved? I sure don't think so, and I am pretty sure you agree. In my eyes, I think MLB let Angelos get away with way too much, but I am not going to blame him for asking for it. I blame MLB for not having any guts. Just my opinion.

Do I think A-Rod deserves $30 million a year? Hell no. But am I going to blame him for signing the contract? Absolutely not.

Compensation for a new team coming to the area....sure thats fine.....im a-ok with that if thats what the contract says. But hamstringing that new team forever is not fine and I dont agree with him getting to control our TV rights forever.

Oh well...good chatting with you but i gotta head out.

Cya.

By the way, I'm a San Francisco Giants fan.

This is not a good time to be a San Francisco Giants fan. :(

Can we have Jon Miller back? ;) I really miss hearing him on the radio for the O's, and wish we could pair him up with Joe Angel again. That would be the equivalent of Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer/Buck Martinez in the TV booth. One of the many things we hate Peter Angelos for, running Jon Miller out of town, who happens to be the best current radio voice in baseball, IMO.

....and Brian Roberts, Jay Gibbons, Miguel Tejada, Rafael Palmeiro, Sammy Sosa, David Segui.....

If you think none of your nationals are on steriods or have done steriods, then you're kidding yourself..Half of probably all the MLB teams have done steriods before..Its all around baseball, not just with the O's..Btw, only 1 of those players still play for us.

And didn't someone for the nationals get busted a couple months ago?

Can we have Jon Miller back? ;) I really miss hearing him on the radio for the O's, and wish we could pair him up with Joe Angel again. That would be the equivalent of Gary Thorne and Jim Palmer/Buck Martinez in the TV booth. One of the many things we hate Peter Angelos for, running Jon Miller out of town, who happens to be the best current radio voice in baseball, IMO.

Now that is one thing I am pissed at Angelos about. That angered me. :mad:

If you think none of your nationals are on steriods or have done steriods, then you're kidding yourself..Half of probably all the MLB teams have done steriods before..Its all around baseball, not just with the O's..Btw, only 1 of those players still play for us.

And didn't someone for the nationals get busted a couple months ago?

Off the top of my head...Paul LoDuca, but that was not with the Nats. But they did trade for Elijah Dukes. That trumps all.

Archived