Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Breaking news per NFL Network: Pac Man a Cowboy on Monday,(M.E.T).

gibbsandflair

I know that if I had ever had even the slightest chance after HS to continue my football "career" I would have taken it in a heartbeat!!

People like Sean Taylor, Ray Lewis, Vick, Pacman, AI just can't leave it alone. I would take my close friends aside and be like, "Look, I am about to make millions here and I want all of you along for the ride. But you HAVE to stop screwing up and we will NOT be living in this neighborhood again." And that would be that. Out of sight, out of mind.

I was a walk-on tight end in college, but never had a chance of getting off the bench. There were two guys ahead of me that were recruited, 4 years younger (I was 22 when I started college), and one of them could run the 40 in 4.55 seconds. I was in the 4.6 to 4.7 range at the time and thought I was in the best shape of my life. I knew then that I was nowhere good enough, but wanted to see what would happen.

I did finish the season and tried out again the next spring, but I dislocated my shoulder in the second scrimmage. The position coach told me then that my chances of making the squad that year were very slim and that I should focus on getting that degree. I knew he was right.

Interesting and it takes a good coach to tell somebody that. It takes alot of courage as well because most people dont want to hear it. Glad that it worked out for you!!

I was disappointed at the time, but I never went into it thinking I was going to make a football career out of it or anything like that. It was fun and way to live out the fantasy a little longer than I originally thought it would.

I was disappointed at the time, but I never went into it thinking I was going to make a football career out of it or anything like that. It was fun and way to live out the fantasy a little longer than I originally thought it would.

Thats a good head on your shoulders man. Sounds like you were logical and were raised properly. Props to your folks..

A bit old but an article on Pacman and Dallas.

Titans’ Jones running in place

BATON ROUGE, La. – Pacman Jones is becoming timeless.

No matter how much time seems to pass, plenty of NFL coaches and executives want nothing to do with him.

Thirteen months have passed since a shooting at a Las Vegas strip club that left club bouncer Tom Urbanski paralyzed. Police called Jones an “inciter” of fighting inside the club, and Jones – who, despite reports to the contrary, claims he did not know the shooter – struck a plea deal on gross misdemeanor charges. Nearly a year has passed since Jones was suspended by the NFL for a season, and time has done nothing to heal the wounds he caused the NFL and himself.

“I wouldn’t have him on my team,” Kansas City coach Herm Edwards said Wednesday, waving his hand dismissively. “I just wouldn’t. I won’t get into the reasons why.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Of course, that reaction isn’t universal. Dallas owner Jerry Jones, who has never shied from controversial characters like Michael Irvin, Charles Haley and Terrell Owens, has been debating whether to bring in the recalcitrant defensive back.

Dallas is in an interesting position. The Cowboys are good enough to win a Super Bowl (they certainly were good enough to sweep the champion New York Giants in the regular season), but are lacking a second really good cornerback. And when it comes to cornerbacks, Pacman Jones is on a lot of most-wanted lists.

“Top five in the league when he’s on his game, no question,” Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjYELzeB3ZdUDgsuattsmaxDubYF?slug=jc-pacman032708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Dallas is in an interesting position. The Cowboys are good enough to win a Super Bowl (they certainly were good enough to sweep the champion New York Giants in the regular season), but are lacking a second really good cornerback. And when it comes to cornerbacks, Pacman Jones is on a lot of most-wanted lists.

“Top five in the league when he’s on his game, no question,” Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AjYELzeB3ZdUDgsuattsmaxDubYF?slug=jc-pacman032708&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

That pretty much sums it up. Henry is a solid, but after him there is nothing. Jacques Reeves had the highest completion % against him then any corner in the NFL. Was targeted more as well.

It's pretty much selling your soul to increase your chances at the Super Bowl. Jones takes us from Top 1-5 in the NFC to top 1-3. If he stays out of trouble you get a Top 5 Corner to pair with Newman who is up there as well. You increase your secondary and return game as well.

Jerry is being smart about it. A 5th rounder and a bottom roster churner, possibly Akin Ayodele who will be cut regardless. You re do his contract and if he acts up he is gone.

The Dallas Morning News disputes an internet report that the Cowboys will announce the acquisition of suspended CB Pacman Jones early Monday.

The report claimed Dallas has already scheduled a press conference and would be acquiring Jones for a fifth-round pick. The team has made no announcement of the sort. Pacman will likely be a Cowboy shortly, but it's not expected to happen on Monday. Talks could pick up at the owners' meetings this week.

Source: Dallas Morning News

why put that statement out if you are just going to sign him anyways?

Im here to say Im not signing Pacman Jones but eventually we will most likely sign Pacman Jones.

because there is a rumor that the deal is done. and if it isn't, the DMN should report that it isn't

All I've been hearing lately is crap like Pacman is the missing piece to Dallas's Super Bowl puzzle. Pacman Jones is overrated just like the team he's going to. I seriously don't recall Pacman being one of the best corners in the league when he played. I've always thought of him as a bust. I don't know why some dallas fans are happy and fans of other teams are concerned.

I know Pacman was a top 10 pick, but he came across as a bust to me. I never followed the Titans closely, but I don't recall Pacman being dominant when he played. I know he returned a kick for a TD, but I never thought of him as a shut down corner or anything.

I didnt read the entire link but did they put the whole quote and you leave it out or did they leave it out?

That's all that was in the article. There was another quote I posted about 6-8 weeks ago, of Jones still engaging in the same behavior that got him in troublem in the first place. He might be saying the right things, but his actions speak so loud, I can bearly hear anything else!

That's all that was in the article. There was another quote I posted about 6-8 weeks ago, of Jones still engaging in the same behavior that got him in troublem in the first place. He might be saying the right things, but his actions speak so loud, I can bearly hear anything else!

His actual quote when asked if he would be seen in Dallas strip clubs was more along the line of "never say never, It wont be in the next 3 or 4 years, but I wont say you will never see me pop my head in there a few years from now"

OK serious question. Its Monday and all Im reading is that talks stalled. Whats the hold up? Are they waiting for Goodell? Is there one side balking?

This is a serious question and I would like for it to be responded to as such. Thanks.

What I am reading is the titans are wanting more than the Cowboys are offering, and the Cowboys arent giving it up

I just hope somehow some other team(even the Patriots) comes in at the last minute and gives Tennessee a better offer for Pacman. The guy was outstanding in just his second year. From a pure talent standpoint, only Cromartie and Asowhatever(Raiders guy) are better than him.

Say what you want but I am almost 100% sure that he will keep his act together for at least one year. The Cowboys already had a great offense and a defense, that with Pacman, can be a great one.

Canty, Ferguson, Spears

Ware,Ellis,Thomas,James

Henry(FS),Hamlin,Pacman and Newman.

That could be a sick defense.

I know most Skins fans want him on the Boys but I fear that you will all soon regret it.

Jones said he plans to stay away from strip clubs and takes responsibility for any problems he may have caused.

"I'm bettering myself, and I'm hopeful I can get a second chance," he said. "It's a privilege [to play in the NFL], and it can be taken away from you. Don't take it for a joke."

Later, however, Jones seemed to contradict himself when he said he wouldn't go to a strip club for a couple of years. Irvin wanted to know why Jones couldn't say never. "You never say never," Jones said.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/032608dnspopacmanlede.3205bcd.html

Interesting. Makes ya wonder if JJ has found something out or had a change of heart. A 5th doesnt seem like too much to me. :2cents:

rumor is they're asking for a 4th this year, and a 5th/6th next year depending on performance. when you consider he's one dropped dollar away from another suspension (assuming he even gets reinstated), that's a bit much. The most I'd give up is a 5th this year and a player (Akin Ayodele seems like the popular choice).

Archived