Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd coming to DC

stoshuaj

without getting into specific details, some folks took umbrage to his commentary with regards to the passing of Mr. Taylor.

*edit* oh yeah, and thanks BB&G

I was wondering the same becuase I really don't know what he said or ever heard about it. Apologies for being slow, but can you give me a little detail on what he said about Sean?

From what I heard, he sounds like a total douche.

Edit: Nevermind.

Cowherd is awesome. The homer fans here just hate him because he's not afraid to speak the truth.

You obviously didn't listen to Cowherd after the Taylor death. If so, please share with me what he said that was "true."

I haven't listened to a word of his show since then. And doubt I ever will.

Cowherd is awesome. The homer fans here just hate him because he's not afraid to speak the truth.

I hate him because he's a d**che bag. He was long before the ST comments and will probably always remain one. Has nothing to do with being a homer and everything to do with having two ears and a brain. The guy is Jim Rome lite. And not even the old "controversial" Jim Rome but the new "too rich and famous to care" Jim Rome.

The Taylor comments were totally classless, but that's not the reason I don't really like Cowherd's work. I just think he's not very interesting, and he tries to hard to compensate for that fact, which makes him come across as an uninteresting jerk.

The Taylor stuff was simply an example of this.

I could really care less if any talk show host likes my team or not. I listen to Anita Marks out of Baltimore, and she is not a skins fan. I listen to several other sports shows, depending on the hours I am working, and I don't care what team they may like or dislike. What I do have a problem with, is the fact that this scumbag hopped on the coat tails of two black men who were quick to judge Sean Taylor in the aftermath of his death. Then he went overboard and insulted every fan of our team along with Sean Taylor. You need to grow up and get a clue before you come bashing me for not liking Colin Cowherd. I think that the simple fact that he would come to this town, after the garbage he talked about not only Sean, but Skins fans as a whole, means he is begging to be embarrassed on air. Oh, and something tells me that this schmoe wouldn't talk smack to anyone to their face. Once again, please tell me what "Truth" he has ever spoken?

My problem with him is that when people provide facts that disprove his opinion, he brushes them off. If you disagree with him, you are wrong. I know that it is the character that he is playing for his show, but I find it annoying. That is why I don't listen.

Cowherd sucks. I stopped listening to him long before the Taylor comments, but that was just the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned.

The show has the same, predictable format. Colin says something ridiculous, and then pats himself on the back for being "controversial" and doing "big boy radio", caller calls in and starts to logically pick apart Colin's asinine statement. Colin yells over top of the caller and then hangs up on him/her. Then he talks about how the caller was "delusional" and continues to pat himself on the back.

Thank God that Dan Patrick returned to the air on 980 opposite the Cowturd show.

I could really care less if any talk show host likes my team or not. I listen to Anita Marks out of Baltimore, and she is not a skins fan. I listen to several other sports shows, depending on the hours I am working, and I don't care what team they may like or dislike. What I do have a problem with, is the fact that this scumbag hopped on the coat tails of two black men who were quick to judge Sean Taylor in the aftermath of his death. Then he went overboard and insulted every fan of our team along with Sean Taylor. You need to grow up and get a clue before you come bashing me for not liking Colin Cowherd. I think that the simple fact that he would come to this town, after the garbage he talked about not only Sean, but Skins fans as a whole, means he is begging to be embarrassed on air. Oh, and something tells me that this schmoe wouldn't talk smack to anyone to their face. Once again, please tell me what "Truth" he has ever spoken?

Really? How much less? Because I couldn't care less at all if they like my team. But that's enough of me being a d**k. I totally agree with what you're saying about jumping on the coat tails of Wilbon and Stephen A though. That's like a racist saying "I'm not racist! I know 2 black people and one has been to my house!" The fact that he needs to point out that those guys made similar comments shows he knows he doesn't have a leg to stand on and so he just needs to lean on them. Colin Coward needs to get his arse kicked but I think what would hurt him more would be those of you living in the area sending letters to the local affiliate he will be on saying they have lost a listener because of this jerk.

]'] if anyone knows anything about Taylor's death' date=' its that Taylor died saving his family.[/quote']

No one but his wife and those punk kids knew that in those first 48 hours of speculation.

In hindsight, Wilbon, Whitlock and Cowherd were all way wrong, but there speculation based on Taylor's history was not. Insensitive maybe, but not unjustified at the time. Remember, these are national media figures, not George Michael or Doc Walker. What if Taylor had in fact been killed as some sort of retribution?

How many people here actually thought that ST was just randomly shot in his own house, upon first hearing the news? I know I sure didn't.

If it were Darrel Green, a guy w/ a perfect track record in life, little chance I'd immediately link it to a retributive crime, but not ST21. Sorry man.

BTW to original poster I quoted, Cowherd loves nothing more than to mock white guys who wear team jerseys in public, esp. when it's not even a sporting event that's relevant at the time.

I.E. wearing a Skins jersey to an NCAA hoops tourny party in March to whine about his program, which only indicates that one is a listener.

Cowherd is a sensationalist, I'll admit that. But tell me how this will help the image of either Redskins fans or the entire DC area by showing up just to give this guy a hard time?

Seems to make better sense to show up for the purpose of proving we can be classy fans, and maybe he'll see the light. If we [collectively] act like thugs, children or ignorant clowns, he only has more fuel to his fire.

Yes he was overboard with his Taylor-related comments. But if we have people showing up and acting ridiculous he'll only rail more against us and our town. Negative people like him love to hate on the air, and he'll have a field day with us.

Those of you who are unsure about this, look how we ES'ers blanketly trashed Seattle after the abuse many of our visiting fans got during the last playoff game. Do we want to take their place in infamy?

No one but his wife and those punk kids knew that in those first 48 hours of speculation.

In hindsight, Wilbon, Whitlock and Cowherd were all way wrong, but there speculation based on Taylor's history was not. Insensitive maybe, but not unjustified at the time. Remember, these are national media figures, not George Michael or Doc Walker. What if Taylor had in fact been killed as some sort of retribution?

How many people here actually thought that ST was just randomly shot in his own house, upon first hearing the news? I know I sure didn't.

If it were Darrel Green, a guy w/ a perfect track record in life, little chance I'd immediately link it to a retributive crime, but not ST21. Sorry man.

BTW to original poster I quoted, Cowherd loves nothing more than to mock white guys who wear team jerseys in public, esp. when it's not even a sporting event that's relevant at the time.

I.E. wearing a Skins jersey to an NCAA hoops tourny party in March to whine about his program, which only indicates that one is a listener.

You are right, I WAS a listener. I was a listener until he decided to not only insult a dead football player, but then try to humiliate any listener who called in or emailed to tell him to give the story time to play itself out. When I first heard of Taylor being shot, the first thing that went through my mind was, "Let all of the facts get out, before I form an opinion on the situation." What Cowherd did, was go on air, and flat out say that Taylor was killed as part of some sort of Gang violence, by the people that he had a beef with about his stolen ATV's. Then, when it was pointed out to him, by several callers and emailers that he had his facts about the ATV incident wrong, he went on a tangient about how the local DC media, and the fans of the Skins, needed to put their "big boy pants on", and realize that he is always right about these sort of things. From that day forward, I will not listen to his show. However, Redskins Radio plays ads for his appearance throughout the day. As far as saying that it was, somehow, alright to form an opinion on how Taylor was shot and killed, based on his past, by national media figures, was alright, is flat out ridiculous. This is exactly why our media has become the joke that it is. Too often media figures are too quick to want to be the "first to break a story", and they forget about facts. They refuse to allow a story to play itself out, or for the facts to be released, before they go on air to give their opinions. Then, like Cowherd did, they hide behind other peoples reporting, or brush it off by saying that they are paid to give opinions, not report facts. They say that they are not news reporters. Yet, they love to report a story as if they are reporting fact, and will argue with anyone who disagrees with them, by saying that it is fact. This is exactly what Cowherd did.

If you think that I, or any other fan that supported Taylor and/or the Redskins would be intimidated by an over opinionated blowhard, who doesn't like fans wearing jerseys, think again. Remember, this jackass is also the one who makes fun of folks that post on message boards. He also makes fun of folks who call radio shows. Come to think of it, he pretty much makes fun of any one of you reading this post right now. The guy is a low rent Jim Rome wanna be.

so in the Tailgate a bunch of tough guys who will never have the opportunity, but by God, if they did, they would tell the President of the United States that he's a major league douche but here's a regular shmoe that you actually can speak to and express you displeasure, and nobody is going?

no wonder they coined the phrase "internet tough guy"

I think paying any attention at all to him is a mistake. He wants people to go boo and argue with him. He feeds off of it. Thats why he says the things he does. He cuts people off and hangs up on callers whenever he feels it would best suit him. He has no interest in having a real discussion about anything with fans. He dismisses all fans as "fanatics" and thinks he is better than them (us).

He was also very vocal against Monk getting in the Hall which shows me he has no real football knowledge.

If you think that I, or any other fan that supported Taylor and/or the Redskins would be intimidated by an over opinionated blowhard, who doesn't like fans wearing jerseys, think again. Remember, this jackass is also the one who makes fun of folks that post on message boards. He also makes fun of folks who call radio shows. Come to think of it, he pretty much makes fun of any one of you reading this post right now. The guy is a low rent Jim Rome wanna be.

Oh ya, I know how Colin loves to clown E geeks who waste company time playing on MBs. He also clowns any fan who calls in defending their team. From a national perspective, I don't want to hear people pumping up their own teams. As if the national media doesn't already give enough love to the Cowboys, Steelers, Yankees, Red Sox, Lakers, Duke, OH St, the SEC etc. "because that's what we want".

You don't have to like him, that's fine. I can respect that. :cheers:

But the idea of a bunch of jersey clad Skins fans showing up at Clyde's in Chinatown for an NCAA hoops tourni on a weekday afternoon, w/the sole purpose of pissing off a national shock jock just reeks of Martha Burke at Augusta. You'd be pitching a waist high beach-ball over home plate for Colin to knock out of the park. It's kinda scary. I'd like to think better of our fans.

"But the idea of a bunch of jersey clad Skins fans showing up at Clyde's in Chinatown for an NCAA hoops tourni on a weekday afternoon, w/the sole purpose of pissing off a national shock jock just reeks of Martha Burke at Augusta. You'd be pitching a waist high beach-ball over home plate for Colin to knock out of the park. It's kinda scary. I'd like to think better of our fans."

So, let me make sure I am understanding you correctly? You are saying that we should be so intimidated by Colin Cowherd???? that we should just look the other way, and hopefully he will just go away? Umm, I think the message I am trying to get across here is that people need to realize that there is a responsibility that comes with being a member of the national media. When you go on air, and report that Sean Taylor was killed as a payback for his involvement in the whole stolen ATV incident of 2 years prior, that is irresponsible. Then, when you take it further by saying that you are just speaking the truth, and if Skins fans, the Skins media, or anyone else that disagrees with you can't handle that, then we all need to grow up. He was reporting a story, with huge national attention stapled to it. He was trying to boost his ratings, on the back of a dead football player. At the same time, he was slapping each of us in the face with his insults. And, like I said before. He is such a huge P**sy that there is no way in the world that he says one thing, face to face, with even one fan wearing a Sean Taylor jersey, as he knows it will result in years of reconstructive dental work on his end. What I find the most disturbing about this entire thing is that Dan Snyder and Redskins Radio allow him to continue a show on their station. He should have been removed from the air, the second that he made those remarks. Way to go Dan.

You really want to do something about this POS? Don't listen to his show, encourage others to turn him off, write to whoever buys ads during it and make your comments to them. That may not be as much fun as ragging him on air but in the long run it is far more effective. Sponsors get word that not only are their $$$ buying ads that no one hears but that people are threatening to actively boycott them for supporting said dewsh? That will do more than any insult and avoid embarrassing yourself and the fanbase.

You really want to do something about this POS? Don't listen to his show, encourage others to turn him off, write to whoever buys ads during it and make your comments to them. That may not be as much fun as ragging him on air but in the long run it is far more effective. Sponsors get word that not only are their $$$ are buying ads that no one hears but that people are threatening to actively boycott them for supporting said dewsh? That will do more than any insult and avoid embarrassing yourself and the fanbase.

Exactly! Hit him where it hurts.

Archived