Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A 1st round RB that will be stolen by someone and hopefully it's the Redskins!

michael_33

Yeah I mentioned him going in the 3rd (yesterday) because of this and ppl laughed. People still think he will go first round and some say top 20 lol. I doubt it. I hope he does fall. I would love to see him in the Burg. and Gold. He is a load to bring down and is a "tweener". He has size, speed and power. Too risky for 1st or second.....

Sweet!Sounds like both of us are thinkin' a like!

I mean...the guy most likely (best case scenario for him) won't be game ready till the middle of the season...say Oct-Nov.

...And even if he is ready...are they gonna pull out the RB (whichever teams drafts him) to put in a rookie...?

If he won't be ready for 6 months...and has surgery tomorrow....That means he will be healthy(not Game ready)...but healthy and ready to run and get into football shape...Which would be September 14th...Missing training camp...workouts and running drills and so on...

If this guy heals real fast...He's probably game ready by week 8-10 in the season...At best!

Are you drafting a guy in the 1st round who may not see any action till late in the season if at all,when there are other big needs for your team that you could address in the 1st round?2nd round...Absolutely...possible...But not the 1st round!

That's also considering the teams that even need a RB right now as well..which isn't all 32 teams...

I almost hope a team takes him in the 1st round that drafts ahead of us,just so someone else we really need falls to us....But it won't happen!

I truly think we could grab him with our original 3rd round...(not the comp pick...too low)but the Redskins actual 3rd rounder is very,very possible...

If we like him of course...

Also this draft is really deep at the postion guys like Slayton, Rice and Heart might be around late in the 2nd maybe even the 3rd. As for the kid from Oregon he looks good but I think he will still go early remember what Buffalo did with Willis Mcgahee. As for him being hard to take down ... it didn't look that way from the film Maylock showed on NFL network. On the other hand the guy looks like a pretty good reciever out of the backfield and might be a nice fit for the WCO.

Most teams would kill to have 3 running backs with the talent we have. Portis is in his prime there is no reason for us to draft a runningback.Although I wouldn't be against drafting Stewart if by some miracle he fell to the 3rd round, but that isn't going to happen. A toe injury isn't going to drop his stock that much.

The injury doesn't seem that big of a deal. He injured it around Thanksgiving but still put up over 200 yards in their bowl game.

A running back can be eased into the lineup more easily than any other position. Blocking schemes are the most complicated part and you can scheme around that by sending the RB on a passing route.

Anyways, my point is that Stewart missing his first training camp isn't a big deal. If this were a chronic injury, his stock could seriously slide. But it's not. It's a pretty weak RB class so he's not going to fall very far. I see early 3rd at the most.

Ya...you guys are probably right!

Here are the top RB's in the draft by mock projections...

1)Darren McFadden

2)Jonathan Stewart

3)Rashard Mendenhall

4)Felix Jones

5)Jamaal Charles

6)Mike Hart

7)Chris Johnson

8)Ray Rice

9)Steve Slaton

10)Tashard Choice

So ya...At worst...you see Mendenhall and Felix getting picked before him....I would say he's probably a top-mid 2nd round pick at worst...

Mike hart goes last on that list! Mcfadden is another bush all hype no production. Best back out of that bunch is Mendenhall followed by K. Smith out of UCF but he goes 3-4 round. Skins won't draft a RB they will invite one to camp, if they were they wouldn't have resigned Rock.:2cents:

Unless we lose betts to az for boldin there is no reason to draft another rb, portis and betts are both in the prime of their careers with great speed. Another speed guy coming out of the backfield wouldn't be terrible in the wco but are depth in other positions such as cb,dline,and wr is where where we need to concentrate.

Unless we lose betts to az for boldin there is no reason to draft another rb, portis and betts are both in the prime of their careers with great speed. Another speed guy coming out of the backfield wouldn't be terrible in the wco but are depth in other positions such as cb,dline,and wr is where where we need to concentrate.

In the First Round, you'd be right, because if he does fall to us, and he might be the BPA, there ought to be at least Limas Sweed, Branden Albert, DRC, McKelvin, as well as other players availible, all who would fill a need.

If he's there at 51, might as well take him, because BPA never hurt anybody.

He won't be around in the 3rd. This, at most, drops his draft stock to the bottom of the first. Turf Toe is not a career threatening injury, and considering he ran a 4.46 on that toe I'm pretty sure some teams will wager he can run faster with the toe fixed. I mean, really, do you expect a team to draft Ray Rice or Matt Forte over this guy?

Even if rookie Barry Sanders is available, it'd be crazy of skins to take a RB in 1st round.

Dude, I'd take Sanders as a Rookie in the 1st round. Heck, I'd trade up to get him. He was probably the best pure RB.....ever.

But I wouldn't really consider drafting this guy untill after the 3rd round.

We have issues where we could use a starting caliber player in the following positions:

OL (especially Guard)

WR

CB (primarily b/c of injury concerns and Rogers is out for now)

DE

DT

S (bit of a stretch but we do need some depth at minimal)

why oh why would we blow a pick from rounds 1-3 for a RB when we have Portis, Betts, Rock and Mason when we have the above areas to address?

Yeah I know the Boldin rumors.....but have the Redskins and Cards even talked, does anybody even know if either side is even interested?

I know, throwing it out there and it's good to keep options open but when we get to #21 I hope that the BPA won't be an injured running back that would be probably the #3 RB on our roster, when I'm hoping there will be some good OL (Brandon Albert) or WR talent available.

We have issues where we could use a starting caliber player in the following positions:

OL (especially Guard)

WR

CB (primarily b/c of injury concerns and Rogers is out for now)

DE

DT

S (bit of a stretch but we do need some depth at minimal)

why oh why would we blow a pick from rounds 1-3 for a RB when we have Portis, Betts, Rock and Mason when we have the above areas to address?

Yeah I know the Boldin rumors.....but have the Redskins and Cards even talked, does anybody even know if either side is even interested?

I know, throwing it out there and it's good to keep options open but when we get to #21 I hope that the BPA won't be an injured running back that would be probably the #3 RB on our roster, when I'm hoping there will be some good OL (Brandon Albert) or WR talent available.

Dude as we all know, the rumors that seem to pop up daily on sports related websites are ALWAYS true

Which is why Cowher is our coach, we picked up Lance Briggs and DeAngelo Hall etc.

Archived