Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A 1st round RB that will be stolen by someone and hopefully it's the Redskins!

michael_33

I noticed this yesterday and kinda just brushed it off,until I thought about it for a while...

Stewart is/was a projected 1st round RB that we had no chance of getting or needed to aquire until now!

Whether or not we trade Betts shouldn't matter in this situation...As you see below,alot may depend on when he has the surgery and how long his recovery time is....

But I can't imagine a team drafting this guy in the 1st round or even the 2nd for that matter...

Now I know we don't have a need for RB right now,but how do you pass up on a guy with his talent...say in the 3rd round?Specially if we have a couple of 3rd rounders to boot with the possible comp picks?

Problem is...Is you can't really stash him on the practice squad as he would get scooped up,but having him on the roster and not playing puts us thin at RB as well...(unless we stashed him on IR or something)

So I guess what I'm saying is...If he's sitting there in the 3rd round or lower rounds,should we take a flyer on him and his talents even if the possibility of him playing in 08 might be limited?

...and if we trade betts in some blockbuster deal for a WR or someone,I would almost hope we could land this guy for cheap!

Your thoughts?

NFL | J. Stewart could miss 4-6 months

Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:24:42 -0700

Mike Mayock, of the NFL Network, reports University of Oregon RB Jonathan Stewart (toe) has a big toe injury that MRIs are recommending surgery to correct. He faces a four-to-six month recovery with the surgery.

The talent is true large for him to last until the third. Willis McGahee, who had a much worse injury, was snatched up in the late 1st round. It proves the point that even when a back is injured, teams are still willing to take a chance on them. Most of the teams that are interested in him (Arizona, Chicago) have other backs that can carry the load until he's rested/

I don't care if he's out for5 or 6 months he will be drafted in the 1st or early and I mean early second round. I think he's the second best back behind of mcfadden. If he's there in the late second round(doubtful) I would take him in a heartbeat. We would just have to trade betts for a 3rd round pick or somen.

The talent is true large for him to last until the third. Willis McGahee, who had a much worse injury, was snatched up in the late 1st round. It proves the point that even when a back is injured, teams are still willing to take a chance on them. Most of the teams that are interested in him (Arizona, Chicago) have other backs that can carry the load until he's rested/

But wasn't McGahee a top 5 or 10 pick that draft before the injury?

This guy was just a late 1st round projection before the injury report came out...And possibly falling to the top of the 2nd...

I could easily see this guy falling to the 3rd round unless a team with multiple 1st day picks snatches him up...

But wasn't McGahee a top 5 or 10 pick that draft before the injury?

This guy was just a late 1st round projection before the injury report came out...And possibly falling to the top of the 2nd...

I could easily see this guy falling to the 3rd round unless a team with multiple 1st day picks snatches him up...

Not true, he was still projected to be the 2nd or 3rd RB taken. Reports had him being the 'most NFL ready' RB in the nation, on top of McFadden because he is shorter than McF and bulkier.

Ya...you guys are probably right!

Here are the top RB's in the draft by mock projections...

1)Darren McFadden

2)Jonathan Stewart

3)Rashard Mendenhall

4)Felix Jones

5)Jamaal Charles

6)Mike Hart

7)Chris Johnson

8)Ray Rice

9)Steve Slaton

10)Tashard Choice

So ya...At worst...you see Mendenhall and Felix getting picked before him....I would say he's probably a top-mid 2nd round pick at worst...

Now I know we don't have a need for RB right now,but how do you pass up on a guy with his talent...say in the 3rd round?Specially if we have a couple of 3rd rounders to boot with the possible comp picks?

Problem is...Is you can't really stash him on the practice squad as he would get scooped up,but having him on the roster and not playing puts us thin at RB as well...(unless we stashed him on IR or something)

So I guess what I'm saying is...If he's sitting there in the 3rd round or lower rounds,should we take a flyer on him and his talents even if the possibility of him playing in 08 might be limited?

...and if we trade betts in some blockbuster deal for a WR or someone,I would almost hope we could land this guy for cheap!

Your thoughts?

Yeah I mentioned him going in the 3rd (yesterday) because of this and ppl laughed. People still think he will go first round and some say top 20 lol. I doubt it. I hope he does fall. I would love to see him in the Burg. and Gold. He is a load to bring down and is a "tweener". He has size, speed and power. Too risky for 1st or second.....

I'm just thankful every day that none of the ESers in here work for the Redskins front office. We'd have no picks, 12 runningbacks, 14 6'5" receivers and every free agent on the market would be wearing B & G.

We'd also have three head coaches, four GMs, and Vinny's official title would be "Starbucks Barista".

7)Chris Johnson

If that is truly the pecking order on draft day, then someone is DEFINITELY going to "steal" themselves a triple threat RB in CJ....no question about it...

I have a strong feeling that's not quite how it will end up shaking out, though.....

Archived