Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do the Redskins pick in the Draft? (M.E.T.)

allredskins123

Since it appears that our offseason will be based on the draft, which i think is a great thing. I was wondering who you guys think we draft this season?

I happen to think that we will do this

Trade Betts for a 3rd pick

1st: (DE) Phillip Merling from clemson, (DE) Calis Campbell from Miami

2nd: (WR) Limas Sweed from texas, (WR) Bowman from OKLST and (WR) James Hardy from Indiana

3rd: (RB) Charles from texas

3rd: (DT) Dre Moore from Maryland

3rd: (FB) Owen Schmitt from WVU

5th: (SS) Tom Zbikowski from Notre Dame

6th: (QB) Colt Brennan from Hawaii

the last three picks in the 7th should be used on oline depth which is needed.

I hope this is the way the draft goes for us as we need the depth in alot of the positions that i picked for us to draft.

What Do you guys think???

11. Please do not use the “Quote” feature to quote huge blocks of text or pictures.

If you would like to respond to the contents of a particular post, simply quote the sentence or idea that you're commenting upon, not necessarily the entire post. It wastes space on the database and unnecessarily extends and clutters threads.

I like Calais but I don't know much about Merling

WHY THE HELL ARE WE TRADING BETTS FOR CHARLES? He is a starter in half of the league yet he wants to stay here for not much money and become a backup to Portis for some odd reason. He's a true and quality Redskin.

I wouldn't mind getting Zibikowski in the 6th round, it'd definitely be a steal. I don't think he's dropping that far but if he is, we better go and get him. Landry @ FS andn Zib @ SS = death for WRs

Limas Sweed definitely won't fall to the 2nd but again, if he is then we should take him.

I don't think we should take Colt because I don't think he is that good. He operates at shotgun and I believe the WCO doesn't operate. Plus even though he is a 7th rounder, he is a big name and he might stir up unwarranted QB controversy in the event JC has a poor 3 wk run or somethinig like that.

We also need to pick up someone on OL whether it be guard or tackle because we need some depth on the line.

I'm not very good at this sort of thing but if we are able to get Sweed in the 2nd, Owen Schmitt in the 3rd, and Zbikowski in the 5th I'd be ecstatic.

Zbikowski is going to be a monster on kickoff and punt coverage wherever he goes and could possibly return kickoffs.

That's awful. Merling won't be available and Campbell is a 3-4 end. Sweed is bad, Bowman is worse and Hardy is eh. Charles is a huge reach. Moore won't be left in the fourth. Schmitt will not be a good fit in the WCO. Zbikowski in the 5th? Brennan isn't even an arena league QB. All around I say no to everything you have proposed.

I think if you don't read rule 8 quick and modify your title accordingly I am going to put you on NNT for that lazyass title in about 15 minutes. :silly::D

Now, Now, we just had a thread on being polite and courteous to people that make mistakes. :)

Now, Now, we just had a thread on being polite and courteous to people that make mistakes. :)

I used the smilies and didn't give him the NNT. That's being nice. We get to have some fun. :silly: Especially since he bolted the forum 3 minutes after posting the thread. :laugh:

You shut up anyway.

:silly: :laugh:

I mean "Pease" :D

I used the smilies and didn't give him the NNT. That's being nice. We get to have some fun. :silly: Especially since he bolted the forum 3 minutes after posting the thread. :laugh:

You shut up anyway.

:silly: :laugh:

I mean "Pease" :D

Yes sir :)

Yo Terpskins and Tim ... Colt Brennan has a quick arm, feet, and football mind and tons of swagger... he is ideal for WCO and will take the skins to the promised land ... I promise.

So that's why he looked sooooo good when he finally faced some legitimate competition??? :rolleyes:

So that's why he looked sooooo good when he finally faced some legitimate competition??? :rolleyes:

Twice at that. Against Georgia and in the Senior Bowl.

Anyone looking at CB Leodis McKelvin in the draft. Several great players have come from Troy lately. McKelvin also set yardage and touchdown records for punt returns. Troy now plays against several SEC schools each year. This site has him rated higher than Rodgers-Cromartie.

http://www.draftseason.com/index2.php?Page_Name=PlayerProfile2&id=775

Why trade a proven running back in Betts, who doesn't take up much cap, to draft a third round unproven RB?

No reason whatsoever.

This draft has to be the most unrealistic one I have ever seen, and I have seen a lot of crap ones.

Sweed in the second? Charles in the third???:doh:

The reason he looked so bad against real competition is the offensive line went against real competition. I have never seen a QB being used as a pinball. Brennan late is not a bad pick, especially if we pick up two sevenths as compensation.

I like the Betts trade but I don't think I'd go for a running back that early. Probably wait till the 6th and get a guy like Cory Boyd from South Carolina.

I don't think Sweed or Hardy will be available to us in the 2nd and Bowman isn't good enough to warrent a 2nd round pick. I'd rather reach for Nelson in the 2nd. Might to soon for him but I don't think he'll make to our 3rd and with the possibility of having extra 3rd he' be worth the reach.

Archived