Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who do the Redskins pick in the Draft? (M.E.T.)

allredskins123

1st- Mike Jenkins/ Leodis Mackelvin/ DRC

2nd- Lawerence Jackson or Hardy if available

3rd- Roy Scuening

5th- Zib

6th- Pedro Sosa

7th- Peyton Hillys

If possible trade betts pray to get a 4th and 5th pick up chris johnson and monk.

I say Sweed, K. Phillips, D. Harvey, Cromartie, Malcolm Kelly....one of these guys would be good.

Cromartie looks good but doesn't he have a serious medical issue. I've read that he only has one kidney. One really bad hit to the back by an NFL sized lineman and he might be on the list for a transplant.

Im not saying I want him on the Redskins but just because he had one bad game does not mean he will be a bust. But I guess you know everything so why not include some facts to support your mess.

So that's why he looked sooooo good when he finally faced some legitimate competition??? :rolleyes:

I think we have to go Dline early. I've never told this story because of the way people react to ESers starting threads about meeting Redskins but here we go:

The weekend we lost to the Seahawks in the playoffs my brother was hanging out at his girlfriend's apartment and her roommate was "friends" with Shawn Springs. I was working at a restaurant and got a message from Springs saying "Hey man this is Shawn Springs...heard you were a fan. Wanted to call and ask you where I was gonna end up next year...you predicted...what was it?...Philly or Dallas?" (I only predicted those teams as a joke because of his contract situation and how Bitter Ex Skins usually land in the NFC East...I think he was insulted haha).

Anyways I called back and my brother immediately put him on the phone. I acted like a 14 year old girl meeting Justin Timberlake. He told me he sucked in the game and I told him that he had been playing at such a high level to end the season that it was understandable. He told me that what most fans don't realize is that the defense last year was geared around giving Smoot safety help, often leaving him on an island, and right after saying that he yelled "see THAT'S the kind of defensive pressure we NEED" (he was watching the Jacksonville game and was commenting on the pressure their defensive line needs) He said he hopes, if he's still here next season, that we get some defensive linemen, because while they were great at stopping the run they couldn't get to the QB and after 7 seconds you need Darrell Green if you want a guy to still be covered (I thought that was AWESOME)

So that's why i think we need to land Harvey or Calais Campbell. Let's Pick up Hackett and go DL OL and CB in the first three rounds.

I'd like to hear your thoughts

Think the problem will be that the primo DEs will be gone by 21, and so the BPA is probably going to be a Corner or OL. I wouldn't be too upset if we go either of those two routes and then try for DL in the second round, with OL/CB then another DL or LB in the 3rd.

Since it appears that our offseason will be based on the draft, which i think is a great thing. I was wondering who you guys think we draft this season?

I happen to think that we will do this

Trade Betts for a 3rd pick

1st: (DE) Phillip Merling from clemson, (DE) Calis Campbell from Miami

2nd: (WR) Limas Sweed from texas, (WR) Bowman from OKLST and (WR) James Hardy from Indiana

3rd: (RB) Charles from texas

3rd: (DT) Dre Moore from Maryland

3rd: (FB) Owen Schmitt from WVU

5th: (SS) Tom Zbikowski from Notre Dame

6th: (QB) Colt Brennan from Hawaii

the last three picks in the 7th should be used on oline depth which is needed.

I hope this is the way the draft goes for us as we need the depth in alot of the positions that i picked for us to draft.

What Do you guys think???

First, I will comment on your proposed draft. No to trading Betts. Limas Sweed will not fall to us in the second round; he will probably be a first round pick. If we take Bowman or Hardy in the second, I think I would punch myself in the face. Schmitt I am ok with in the third. Dre Moore I know nothing about, so I can't comment. A 5th rounder for a special teams player is little high. Colt Brennan is the second coming of Heath Shuler, in my opinion. All and all, I don't see this as a good draft.

How about this? (Listed in preference order)

1) Derrick Harvey DE, Branden Albert OG, Limas Sweed WR

2) Quinten Groves DE, Lawerence Jackson DE

3) Steve Justice C, Roy Schuening OG

3b) Owen Schmitt FB, Josh Barnett S, Heath Benedict OG, Marcus Monk WR

5) Jamar Adams S, Matt Flynn QB, Mario Urrutia WR

6) Doug Jones FB, Keilin Dykes DT

7) Eric Wicks S, BPA

Note, if someone from my list falls into a later round, they become the preferred pick depending on team needs.

Anyone looking at CB Leodis McKelvin in the draft. Several great players have come from Troy lately. McKelvin also set yardage and touchdown records for punt returns. Troy now plays against several SEC schools each year. This site has him rated higher than Rodgers-Cromartie.

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I keep mentioning DRC as my preferred 1st round pick is because there's a good chance he'll be available at #21.

McKelvin will likely be long gone by the time the Skins pick.

Archived