Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who thinks we should trade up to grab dorsey?

SkinsAllDay34

Vinny said the skins need a DT who can rush the passer and stop the run. Well there is none in free agency and the draft is the next option. So with that said, I think we should consider trading up, unless there is a name i have not heard of, the big DTs are gonna get drafted before 21. The DT from UNC and USC are going early as well as Dorsey so i think we trade up to grab one of them.

Vinny said the skins need a DT who can rush the passer and stop the run. Well there is none in free agency and the draft is the next option. So with that said, I think we should consider trading up, unless there is a name i have not heard of, the big DTs are gonna get drafted before 21. The DT from UNC and USC are going early as well as Dorsey so i think we trade up to grab one of them.

As far as physical attributes are concerned I don't think any top ranked d-linemen, minus Long, are going to pan out to be franchise d-line building blocks in the first round, so no I wouldn't trade up for Dorsey. I also feel what it would take to move up for Long would be a waste when factoring in all of our issues.

I wouldn't trade up, but if he's there at 21 (which he won't be, but you never know), I'd take him in an instant. BPA is always a good idea. Always.

Besides, I'm a FIRM believer that DT is the one position that requires as much depth as DBs and WRs. Those big fellas run out of energy fast. A strong rotation of DTs is crucial to success. Most DTs in this league are decent enough to get pressure. Imagine those same DTs healthy in the 3rd Quarter shoving Guards and Centers who have been Pass Blocking and Pulling all day long.

i think Montgomery, Griffin, and Golston are more than sufficient for this year
Don't forget that Daniels will be a passing down DT, and has done fairly well there the last two years.

Edit:

As is stands our DT's are

Griffin

Montgomery

Golston

Daniels*(situational)

Alexander*(they say he will focus on OL, but who knows)

**Boschetti - we could always re-sign him at the vet min. He works really hard and always plays tough. He's definietly an asset on special teams which makes him an ideal #4 DT. Most games he will be inactive, but should one of the top three rotation get injured he could step in as a gritty vet who at least knows the system and has worked with the other guys. Most importantly, at a bargain price.

You have to remember that we will keep at most 5 DT's, more likely 4, and it is a lock that Griffin, Montgomery and Golston are 3 of them. With the other assets(Daniels/Alexander) on the roster, at most we will add one DT and I think it will be an UDFA or someone who is still available late in free agency(Boschetti).

Depending where Dorsey fits, this might or might not even be possible. I don't think that it's a good idea regardless, but remember the trade that the Saints made to move up to pick Ricky Williams? They were sitting somewhere in the late first round and had to trade all of their picks that year and some the next year to the skins in order to move up into the top 5.

Though Vinny did say that we needed a DT. I guess this is just one of those things we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't think Dorsey is worth it, and recent revelations about his medical history may make him fall out of the top 5, not sure he would fall far enough for it to be economical for us to jump up and grab though, it just costs far too much to trade up high enough to ensure landing him.

]']I wouldn't trade up' date=' but if he's there at 21 (which he won't be, but you never know), I'd take him in an instant. BPA is always a good idea. Always.

Besides, I'm a FIRM believer that DT is the one position that requires as much depth as DBs and WRs. Those big fellas run out of energy fast. A strong rotation of DTs is crucial to success. Most DTs in this league are decent enough to get pressure. Imagine those same DTs healthy in the 3rd Quarter shoving Guards and Centers who have been Pass Blocking and Pulling all day long.[/quote']

It may not be out of the question. Word is that his fractured tibia has hampered him for the last year, and has dropped him out of the top 5 or top 10. You never know how these things can snowball. He would be worth it at 21 :D

Hey, we can hope.

There is no sense getting another player in the same mold as the ones we already have on the roster. If we are going to get a DLinemen, we need to get one that brings something different. Golston and Montgomery have done a good job to date, which is why we have been dominant against the run.

There is no sense getting another player in the same mold as the ones we already have on the roster. If we are going to get a DLinemen, we need to get one that brings something different. Golston and Montgomery have done a good job to date, which is why we have been dominant against the run.

I see what you're saying. But Dorsey brings the ability to rush the passer up the middle. Something Golston and Montgomery haven't shown to be able to do much of.

NO worst idea ever!!!

if were not gonna spend money in FA we cant go trading all our picks away AGAIN to grab dorsey and pay him butt tons of money in the process, we need multiple positions filled, we need a couple OL, a DL, a WR, and a safety. We hold our own at 21 and take the best available there then follow by filling the rest of our needs, hopefully we can get will demps in from houston so solidify the safety and maybe grab DJ Hackett, even though everyone on here is obsessed with ocho cinco (wont happen, WAY TOO MUCH MONEY, unless you want more cap problems) then hope kentwan balmer falls to us at 21 (he is projected to go somewhere between 16-20), maybe trade a 1st and 3rd to get up to 14 or 15 to grab him then take an OL in the 2nd round and were set.

Archived