Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who thinks we should trade up to grab dorsey?

SkinsAllDay34

We don't need a starter, a talented project guy will do so we can pick one up with either our second or third and rotate him with Griffen. Add in that Montgomery/Golston can also rotate as can Daniels/Evans/Carter/Wilson and we would be looking good on the DL IMO.

Would still likely need a top 3 DL guy next year too, but for this season we should be fine.

Glen Dorsey is the best DT prospect I've seen in years...He reminds me of Reggie White(DT and DE)...

I still would NOT trade up for him as we have alot of needs at this point plus his current injury report....HOWEVER...

If he pulls and Alan Branch and drops to #21 by an act of god...You have to grab him here!!!

With CArter,Griffin and Dorsey on that front 4,we would go from pretty bad to dangerous in a hurry....!

I don't care if WR Calvin Johnson re-entered the draft(impossible of course) and was there at #21 and we had a choice....WE still would have to grab Dorsey...He would anchor our D-line for years...

If he's there at #21 and we can grab him and we pass,then the Redskins are officially the laughing stock of all time period!!

Dorsey will be a Hall of Famer...He's just that Awesome!!plus he and LSU guy and he can join LaRon...

I don't think that we should trade the amount that it will take to get him. There is no way that he falls out of the top 10. I still think that he goes in the top 5. That injury thing has been blown way out of proportion. He dominated for most of last year until the chop block against Auburn. The fact that he played the rest of the season says a lot about Dorsey. He showed that he was fully healthy during the championship game and had a big day. The guy never missed a game at LSU and was constantly double and triple teamed. He is the best DL in the draft.

I would love to get him, but we need the draft picks that we have to fill the holes in our line up. The skins spent too many years trading away draft picks. Let's keep them and have a bunch of young cheap guys come in to compete for the jobs.

Funny how you guys bash the Front Office for pissing away our draft picks, but yet you want them to piss them away for 1 guy? Championship teams (not just playoff) build through the draft. Keep the picks and pick up a few FAs to fill a hole or two.

I remember reading all about Montgomery in the post about how he's such a player and a beast. Could be great if he'd work hard and Griff was trying to mentor him...

He hardly sniffed the field this past year, didn't he? I don't understand why people think we are set at DT. I personally think we could use one. Does that mean I think we should trade up to get him? Nah. Some will be available in the later rounds so we'll grab them and hope it works out.

As far as physical attributes are concerned I don't think any top ranked d-linemen, minus Long, are going to pan out to be franchise d-line building blocks in the first round, so no I wouldn't trade up for Dorsey. I also feel what it would take to move up for Long would be a waste when factoring in all of our issues.

I think Vernon Gholston will turn out to be as good or better than Long. The guy is a freak. His combine workout was insane 37 bench reps tied for most with Jake Long, and ran a 4.64 40. Even if his combine workout wasn't enough to turn heads he has the college numbers to. He could end up a great 4-3 DE, or a 3-4 LB. This draft has some quality DE's and DT's. Trevor Laws impressed me during the combine. He could be worth a 3rd round pick.

there isn't a player on the draft board in the first round worth the picks it would take to trade up to get. You'd be giving up at least this and next years 2nd. to get up to Dorsey it would take a package of this and next years 1st and this and next years 2nd.

I think Vernon Gholston will turn out to be as good or better than Long. The guy is a freak. His combine workout was insane 37 bench reps tied for most with Jake Long, and ran a 4.64 40. Even if his combine workout wasn't enough to turn heads he has the college numbers to. He could end up a great 4-3 DE, or a 3-4 LB. This draft has some quality DE's and DT's. Trevor Laws impressed me during the combine. He could be worth a 3rd round pick.
Gholston sounds more like a 3-4 linebacker and will probably be very good @ that position. I don't think he would be an ideal 4-3 DE. Laws looks good but won't be around in the 3rd round. I think Laws will be gone before the Redskins pick in the second round. However, Gholston sounds like Ghoul-ston. A ghoul eats dead human flesh, like Tony Romos' head. Gotta like that.

:dallasuck

I remember reading all about Montgomery in the post about how he's such a player and a beast. Could be great if he'd work hard and Griff was trying to mentor him...

He hardly sniffed the field this past year, didn't he? I don't understand why people think we are set at DT. I personally think we could use one. Does that mean I think we should trade up to get him? Nah. Some will be available in the later rounds so we'll grab them and hope it works out.

Montgomery is turning into a beast. He started in 15 of 16 games last season and did pretty damn well considering he is usually taking up two men. He is a major reason why we went from a porous line vs the run to dominant in the space of one off season. And we were all clamouring for a good 2 gap last off season remember... turns out we already had one. Now he gets what the NFL is all about he will only get better. I'm interested in the size of his next contract. Better lock him up early IMO because he is going to get expensive.

But we do still need someone to rotate with (and eventually replace) Griffen. Someone like Trevor Law from ND (as stated above) would be ideal. Played DT and DE and is a high motor guy. Can't see him being there for our 3rd though, maybe not even our second but not worth a first.

Vinny said the skins need a DT who can rush the passer and stop the run. Well there is none in free agency and the draft is the next option. So with that said, I think we should consider trading up, unless there is a name i have not heard of, the big DTs are gonna get drafted before 21. The DT from UNC and USC are going early as well as Dorsey so i think we trade up to grab one of them.

People on this board must play way to much Madden football...do you have any idea of what it would cost us to trade up for a top five pick?? We would lose not only our 1st this year, but probably our second this year as well as our 1st for next year....Do you really think that GD (unproven, injury prone DT) is worth three potential top tier players???

Please start getting realistic, I have seen several threads over the past few days about trading up and getting Chris Long/Glenn Dorsey/ect...Do the people who start these threads truly beleive that trading away 3 top picks for a top 5 pick is really worth it.

Thanks god you guys aren't in charge....you complain that we give our picks away for guys like Duckett or Lloyd, which I agree was a mistake, then make threads about trading away more picks for an unproven rookie...

People on this board must play way to much Madden football...do you have any idea of what it would cost us to trade up for a top five pick?? We would lose not only our 1st this year, but probably our second this year as well as our 1st for next year....Do you really think that GD (unproven, injury prone DT) is worth three potential top tier players???

Please start getting realistic, I have seen several threads over the past few days about trading up and getting Chris Long/Glenn Dorsey/ect...Do the people who start these threads truly beleive that trading away 3 top picks for a top 5 pick is really worth it.

Thanks god you guys aren't in charge....you complain that we give our picks away for guys like Duckett or Lloyd, which I agree was a mistake, then make threads about trading away more picks for an unproven rookie...

I totally agree! And if someone wants to propose we trade up, what exactly do you propose we trade? Think about how realistic it would be before creating a "Let's trade up" thread please.

Hail,

H

Dorsey is a tremendous prospect, but we don't need him. We finished #4 against the run and 16th against the pass, which totaled to 8th overall. Golston, Griffin, Montgomery, are all we need at DT.

I do think we need another DT. Griff is getting old and is injury prone. And we need someone to get a push in the pocket on passing downs. Too many times I saw Carter get around a Tackle last year.......only for the QB to take 2 steps up into the pocket, because there was no interior pressure.

Would be too costly...

I would explore a possible move for the CB Cromartie however but not at the expense of losing our first round pick in April.

This Comartie-Rogers kid is interesting. I have a feeling that hes honestly a sleeper in this years draft. I wouldn't be the least bit upset (as matter of fact I WANT the Skins to draft this guy), and than go after a DL in the second round.

Nope. it would cost too much. Typically, the only player that any team should even consider trading up into the top selections to draft is a QB. Other positions are pretty easy to find in the later rounds of the draft.

I remember reading Bill Polian's interview around here recently, and he talked about how no player is worth trading up into the top 15 for. There are simply too many talented college players that you can draft at a bargain price.

Archived