Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles are in discussions with AZ for Larry Fitzgerald

Skins4ever1

And JJ doesnt leave anyone on an island. Why do you think they scrambled to pick up Samuels? Dawkins is not the ballhawk he used to be, he isnt there to bail their mediocre corners out any longer. They do not have decent help from safeties in coverage anymore, and need cover corners.

Lito is the product of a good system like so many others on that defense (Taylor, Vincent, Lewis, Trotter, Emmons, Simon we can go on and on).

as usual, you would be incorrect. the eagles defense is based on blitzing and leaving the dbacks on their own in one on one coverage. which is why the argument can be made that samuels wont be a good fit considering he played mainly zone in new england.

i dont see how you can argue their system guys because they played the prime of their career mainly in philadelphia and no where else. some of those guys your mentioning like taylor and vincent played in a terrible system before jim johnson and had success, corey simon got fat, trotter blew out his knees and michael lewis had good years and bad years in that system. He had good years when he had a pass rush and a bad year when he had no rush.

as usual' date=' you would be incorrect. the eagles defense is based on blitzing and leaving the dbacks on their own in one on one coverage. which is why the argument can be made that samuels wont be a good fit considering he played mainly zone in new england.

[/quote']

I knew you monitored this website every day and would join in sooner or later, thanks for taking the bait suckaaaaa.

thats my point exactly. a successful blitzing d requires fast safety help on top of decent cover corners.

dawkins is the key to that d in coverage. now that dawkins is done = no help in coverage & not as effective safety blitzing = bad corner(s) exposed = get a cover guy like samuel ASAP.

That means nothing...people cried about Smoot leaving here forever. Every time Walt Harris touched the field people whined about the day snyder wouldnt pay Smoot. Youll find Skins fans who would say Smoot was one of the best corners in the league too...irrelevant.

As for teams taking a risk on the guy...I have to admit, injuries aside, the guy is still fairly young. There may be 1 or 2 desperate teams in the league that view this guy as their centerpiece corner, but thats a big gamble, and certainly not one a team should opt to take by giving up a decent draft pick.

The difference between Troy Vincent and all those guys you mentioned is obvious. I'm left to assume at this point that you simply don't remember Troy Vincent priot to 2003.

The difference between Troy Vincent and all those guys you mentioned is obvious. I'm left to assume at this point that you simply don't remember Troy Vincent priot to 2003.

No I agree with your overall point (hence me saying point taken). I am taking up argument with your justification surrounding miami fans wanting him back. Irrelevant.

Well, as of today, this deal still looks way off. As an Eagles fan, I don't like to think that, but it's looking like the FOs are way off on this deal. Arizona may just be trying to push for an insane deal hoping we're dumb enough to take it, but a 1st rounder + Lito should be enough to get this done. If they want more than that, I hope our FO tells them to piss off.

Well, as of today, this deal still looks way off. As an Eagles fan, I don't like to think that, but it's looking like the FOs are way off on this deal. Arizona may just be trying to push for an insane deal hoping we're dumb enough to take it, but a 1st rounder + Lito should be enough to get this done. If they want more than that, I hope our FO tells them to piss off.

I'm not anymore hopeful of this deal now than I was a month ago. Seems like a longshot.

if the safety is helping the corner over the top, whos covering the other rec/te and whos blitzing?

I knew you monitored this website every day and would join in sooner or later, thanks for taking the bait suckaaaaa.

thats my point exactly. a successful blitzing d requires fast safety help on top of decent cover corners.

dawkins is the key to that d in coverage. now that dawkins is done = no help in coverage & not as effective safety blitzing = bad corner(s) exposed = get a cover guy like samuel ASAP.

if the safety is helping the corner over the top' date=' whos covering the other rec/te and whos blitzing?[/quote']

There is this new position in the NFL, its called linebacker. Nevermind there are 2 safeties - I didnt know only 1 designated safety was allowed to blitz.

edit - probably too sarcastic - you are used to it.

They were competitive last year with who they have now, being the only team to finish in the top ten in total offense (6th) and defense (10th) and not win their division, and they had a positive points scored/allowed differential which was greater than the Skins and Giants. The Eagles couldn't close out close games last year. The reason they haven't gone out and signed someone like Berrian/B. Johnson/Wilford/etc is that they wouldn't necessarily upgrade anything at WR. They are interested in bringing in someone like R.Williams or Fitzgerald, I suspect, because they feel that an elite WR could put them in great shape in the NFC next year, not just make them competitive.

The Eagles were still very good last year and Westbrook made the best heads up play team first move I have seen in the Cowboys game . With a dynamic WR they could take their game up another level but it is not an essential addition.

Terence Newman 41 goes to show why your a Cowpuke fan - you have no I.Q. so just because Fitz goes to Philly they will win the NFC? Get the hell outta here with that. I mean first the deal isnt even made yet and your claiming them to be NFC Champions! Like I tell everyone - let draft and at least ONE Preseason game before we start giving people championships.

What if McNabb goes down from an injury? Or even Fitz himself? How about Fitz never GOES to Philly? Cmon now stfu and stop crowning people before the season even begins

There is this new position in the NFL, its called linebacker. Nevermind there are 2 safeties - I didnt know only 1 designated safety was allowed to blitz.

edit - probably too sarcastic - you are used to it.

This is going to go nowhere with you because its logical but lets do the math...

On offense:

1 QB

5 Lineman

1 TE

1 RB

3 Rec

On defense:

4 Pass rushers

2 Blitzers (minimum)

1 Player covering the TE

3 Players covering the RECs

That leaves you with 1 guy that can help over the top. And thats assuming Jim Johnson is blitzing a minimum number of players. Mathmatically your point doesnt add up. Somewhere someone is going to be left on an island. Most likely its going to be your best CB, which is Lito.

Even still, if you simply watch the eagles you would know Jim Johnson brings every player he can and leaves everyone else one on one with the eligible Recs.

you just answered your own question. not sure what math classes you took.

"that leaves you with one guy that can help over the top" - IE dawkins playing ballhawk...follow the ball. help lito when hes getting toasted. and just to clarify, I dont think the eagles agree with you that lito is their best corner. but hey, what do I know, words speak louder than actions to some I guess.

2 blitzers minimum...thats interesting as well.

but hey maybe youre right, maybe there can only be 4 players in coverage on the field at once and 7 rushers on every single nfl defensive play, thats a new rule right?

aside from your inaccuracies, my point is that jj will not be able to blitz like he used to without dawkins back in coverage. dawkins is the key to that defense. now that hes lost a step, jj needed to get a true cover corner in Samuel, benching overrated #3 cb Lito.

"that leaves you with one guy that can help over the top" - IE dawkins playing ballhawk...follow the ball. help lito when hes getting toasted. and just to clarify, I dont think the eagles agree with you that lito is their best corner. but hey, what do I know, words speak louder than actions to some I guess.

but hey maybe youre right, maybe there can only be 4 players in coverage on the field at once and 7 rushers on every single nfl defensive play, thats a new rule right?

aside from your inaccuracies, my point is that jj will not be able to blitz like he used to without dawkins back in coverage. dawkins is the key to that defense. now that hes lost a step, jj needed to get a true cover corner in Samuel, benching overrated #3 cb Lito.

Lito is currently the best nickel corner in football, hands down. Asante Samul has been called the best corner in football.

I like the way the Eagles secondary looks right now.

Lito is currently the best nickel corner in football, hands down. Asante Samul has been called the best corner in football.

I don't know if I've ever heard asante samuel called the best corner in football. That said if Lito is willing to play even with a contract he hates and that is much smaller than the newly signed asante that secondary should be one of the better ones in the league.

1. Then why are the birds trying to get rid of Lito. Calling the skins to work out a trade is out of the ordinary at least. Throwing him in the Fitz package is another indication.

2. If I am the Cards I want a first, Lito and another value pick. Lito is damaged. That is why the Birds don't want him. I also agree with the Cards in wanting Fitz to restructure before he leaves.

If the Birds want Fitz they are going to have to pay to get him. That is something, at this point, they have been unable to do because they are cheap.

This is wrong on so many levels. Jim Johnson asks his Corners to go man to man quite often. He leaves them on an "island" a lot. Majority of the time, Dawkins is blitzing or left in coverage. Hes not shading Lito's man when the eagles blitz. That's rediculous. Your telling me they leave a LB or a nickle back to cover their man one on one in order to give their best corner help in coverage???????

And furthermore, they may be losing Dawkins ball hawk skills but thats why they brought in Samuel.

1. Then why are the birds trying to get rid of Lito. Calling the skins to work out a trade is out of the ordinary at least. Throwing him in the Fitz package is another indication.

2. If I am the Cards I want a first, Lito and another value pick. Lito is damaged. That is why the Birds don't want him. I also agree with the Cards in wanting Fitz to restructure before he leaves.

If the Birds want Fitz they are going to have to pay to get him. That is something, at this point, they have been unable to do because they are cheap.

I actually laughed outloud while reading this. Not in the proverbial internet world of "lol" simply meaning "I found this funny." I mean your post actually made me laugh loud enough for my co-workers to turn and wonder what was going on.

Majority of the time' date=' Dawkins is blitzing or left in coverage. [/quote']

As a ballhawking safety, I would hope so.

Hes not shading Lito's man when the eagles blitz. That's rediculous. Your telling me they leave a LB or a nickle back to cover their man one on one in order to give their best corner help in coverage???????

Their best corner just got benched....hmm....

And furthermore, they may be losing Dawkins ball hawk skills but thats why they brought in Samuel.

Almost word for word exactly my point. Thank you.

As a ballhawking safety, I would hope so.

Their best corner just got benched....hmm....

Almost word for word exactly my point. Thank you.

If dawkins is blitzing or covering his own rec, how is he shading lito's man???? that makes no sense.

he didnt get benched. he is unhappy with his contract and got into it a few times with reid this year. thats why their trading him.

what was your point? your point is lito isnt any good and jim johnson gave him over the top help and he never was left on an island by himself wasnt it? thats what weve been arguing.

Once again, Lito being traded is not a foregone conclusion.

If they can't get something of serious value, it's fairly obvious that the Eagles would rather keep Lito and have the best trio of corners in the league than simply trade him for the sake of it.

If dawkins is blitzing or covering his own rec' date=' how is he shading lito's man???? that makes no sense.[/quote']

You said he is either blitzing or in coverage. Duh. In coverage doesnt necessarily mean covering one guy himself. Youre telling me Dawkins doesnt help in coverage? He only covers 1:1? Between that, linebackers not ever in coverage, mandatory multiple man blitzes...youre doing a great job rewriting the game of football, I'll tell you.

he didnt get benched. he is unhappy with his contract and got into it a few times with reid this year. thats why their trading him.

Ahhh right...so youre telling me the eagles went out and overpaid asante samuel b/c they have an unhappy player in house? they need cover guys - lito is injured and bdawk is old, asante was the best on the market, they pounced.

what was your point? your point is lito isnt any good and jim johnson gave him over the top help and he never was left on an island by himself wasnt it? thats what weve been arguing.

My point was dawkins is done, they needed a cover corner bad b/c their overrated corners would be exposed and thats why they POUNCED on samuel and overpaid him minute 1 of free agency. the writings on the wall, its all there, I didnt make the decisions, the eagles did. I said Lito is overrated and dawkins is the reason those corners look half as good as they do because of his ability to cover the field.

Archived