Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles are in discussions with AZ for Larry Fitzgerald

Skins4ever1

I actually laughed outloud while reading this. Not in the proverbial internet world of "lol" simply meaning "I found this funny." I mean your post actually made me laugh loud enough for my co-workers to turn and wonder what was going on.

Mock what you will, but your FO is trying to dump him. They just want to get some value for him. It is becoming apparent that teams are not biting. Let me, however, be more clear. Lito is a very good corner when healthy. The problem is he can't stay on the field. It doesn't matter how good he is if he can help out a team for at least one 16 game season. Why the heck did you just spend big money to bring in the NE CB? A FO that traditionally drafts it's DB's.

The Cards clearly want value for Fitz. The problem the Cards have is the just plain stupid contract they gave Fitz in the first place. If I remember Fitz was the number three pick, and he has turned out to be a dominant receiver. If I were the Cards I want a first (not top 10) and another value pick. The Birds want to throw Lito in there as a smoke screen. It has nothing to do with how good or bad Lito is. He can't stay on the field which means he has deminished value. I am hoping that the days of the birds getting extra picks for their broken or system players are over. I will say that your FO has done a good job over the years of getting extra picks for players that didn't pan out when they left Philly.

Perhaps you should be more composed at work so you could see the true value Lito is in the eyes of other teams.

Mock what you will, but your FO is trying to dump him. They just want to get some value for him. It is becoming apparent that teams are not biting. Let me, however, be more clear. Lito is a very good corner when healthy. The problem is he can't stay on the field. It doesn't matter how good he is if he can help out a team for at least one 16 game season. Why the heck did you just spend big money to bring in the NE CB? A FO that traditionally drafts it's DB's.

The Cards clearly want value for Fitz. The problem the Cards have is the just plain stupid contract they gave Fitz in the first place. If I remember Fitz was the number three pick, and he has turned out to be a dominant receiver. If I were the Cards I want a first (not top 10) and another value pick. The Birds want to throw Lito in there as a smoke screen. It has nothing to do with how good or bad Lito is. He can't stay on the field which means he has deminished value. I am hoping that the days of the birds getting extra picks for their broken or system players are over. I will say that your FO has done a good job over the years of getting extra picks for players that didn't pan out when they left Philly.

Perhaps you should be more composed at work so you could see the true value Lito is in the eyes of other teams.

I agree completely with this post. Thing is, it has no real relation to what you had previously said.

Once again, Lito being traded is not a foregone conclusion.

If they can't get something of serious value, it's fairly obvious that the Eagles would rather keep Lito and have the best trio of corners in the league than simply trade him for the sake of it.

Do you think lito would then demand a trade or try to force a hold out? I could see it becoming a pretty touchy issue. I remember reading he wanted more money and i am damn sure he wants to start, not getting both could make things go south. Just wondering what your thoughts are on that issue. Lito is a great corner and samuels is going to be a turnover machine for the eagles, but I doubt a team bites on Lito since it should be obvious the eagles devalue him and there is a chance he could become a problem. If the cards trade fitz it better be for lito, a first and a later round pick imo. I just can't see teams valuing an oft-injured cover guy who wants more money and could (pure speculation but its been done in other places) eventually force his way out of philly anyways. Fitz is a young receiver in the prime of his career, the Cards need to get huge value for him. And if the eagles trade for him and pay him less than what his contract already is over the next two years (only way i can see the eagles getting him) fitz is an idiot.

Do you think lito would then demand a trade or try to force a hold out? I could see it becoming a pretty touchy issue. I remember reading he wanted more money and i am damn sure he wants to start, not getting both could make things go south. Just wondering what your thoughts are on that issue. Lito is a great corner and samuels is going to be a turnover machine for the eagles, but I doubt a team bites on Lito since it should be obvious the eagles devalue him and there is a chance he could become a problem. If the cards trade fitz it better be for lito, a first and a later round pick imo. I just can't see teams valuing an oft-injured cover guy who wants more money and could (pure speculation but its been done in other places) eventually force his way out of philly anyways. Fitz is a young receiver in the prime of his career, the Cards need to get huge value for him. And if the eagles trade for him and pay him less than what his contract already is over the next two years (only way i can see the eagles getting him).

I've been playing this out in my head the last few days. Worst case scenario, Lito holds out and we're forced to trade him for 50 cents on the dollar which would likely mean a mid-round (4-6) selection in 2009. Best case scenario, Lito realizes his injury history has seriously hurt his worth around the league and decides the last thing he needs is to be considered a malcontent on top of it all. In that case, maybe he plays nice for a year before being traded for something better next off-season.

This is all under the assumption that we don't get any real bites in return. I don't think Lito brings very much by himself. But packaging him with a first round pick is a different story. Injured and all, he's in his twenties, a two time pro bowler and has a cheap contract through 2011 or something.

I've been playing this out in my head the last few days. Worst case scenario, Lito holds out and we're forced to trade him for 50 cents on the dollar which would likely mean a mid-round (4-6) selection in 2009. Best case scenario, Lito realizes his injury history has seriously hurt his worth around the league and decides the last thing he needs is to be considered a malcontent on top of it all. In that case, maybe he plays nice for a year before being traded for something better next off-season.

This is all under the assumption that we don't get any real bites in return. I don't think Lito brings very much by himself. But packaging him with a first round pick is a different story. Injured and all, he's in his twenties, a two time pro bowler and has a cheap contract through 2011 or something.

I am positive teams want to have the guy its just with his injuries and the current situation teams just hope he becomes a malcontent and forces his value to fall. I still believe Lito is the best corner on the eagles but injuries play a huge factor. Samuels was brought in to force turnovers plain and simple. The eagles get more turnovers last year and they would of been in the playoffs.

I still can't comprehend any team paying Fitz what he deserves (since he can't/won't be cut he is guaranteed like 30 mill over 2 years or something). Fitz has all the leverage on any team he deals with. Either take him with the deal he has or extend it and make it even bigger, no one has the leverage but him. The titans should get in on this and spend some of the 40 mill they have.

I still can't comprehend any team paying Fitz what he deserves (since he can't/won't be cut he is guaranteed like 30 mill over 2 years or something). Fitz has all the leverage on any team he deals with. Either take him with the deal he has or extend it and make it even bigger, no one has the leverage but him. The titans should get in on this and spend some of the 40 mill they have.

The rumors (which seem pretty speculative at this point) have said the Eagles and Fitzgerald agreed on a new contract already. After the Eagles signed Samuel, the Cards decided they wanted more in return than just Sheppard and a 1.

You said he is either blitzing or in coverage. Duh. In coverage doesnt necessarily mean covering one guy himself. Youre telling me Dawkins doesnt help in coverage? He only covers 1:1? Between that, linebackers not ever in coverage, mandatory multiple man blitzes...youre doing a great job rewriting the game of football, I'll tell you.

Ahhh right...so youre telling me the eagles went out and overpaid asante samuel b/c they have an unhappy player in house? they need cover guys - lito is injured and bdawk is old, asante was the best on the market, they pounced.

My point was dawkins is done, they needed a cover corner bad b/c their overrated corners would be exposed and thats why they POUNCED on samuel and overpaid him minute 1 of free agency. the writings on the wall, its all there, I didnt make the decisions, the eagles did. I said Lito is overrated and dawkins is the reason those corners look half as good as they do because of his ability to cover the field.

1) I didnt say he never helps in coverage. Your original statement said that jj never leaves guys out on an island by themselves. thats completely wrong. his whole defense is based on blitzing and attacking the qb. he asks a lot of his corners. lito was left alone many times, asked to cover a guy one on one many times and he was a pro bowl corner in doing so. you cant tell me the guys not good.

Multiple man blitzes is not me rewriting football. if you watch the eagles, again, you would see jj always sends more guys then the offense can block when he blitzes, leaving the guys in coverage on their own. thats the whole scheme of his defense.

2) yes thats what im telling you. lito isnt happy with his contract. like every other player on the eagles that has ever been unhappy with pay, you dont like it your gone. losing lito left the secondary thin. thats why they went out and pounced on samuel. it had nothing to do with his performance on the field.

look at lito's passes defended and int stats throughout his career. hes been hurt a lot but when hes played hes one of the top in the league in those stats. you cant argue against those numbers.

spoken like a true 610-er. riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

hes been hurt a lot but when hes played...

any time you start a sentence that way youre set up for failure. lotta good those ints and passes defensed are doing for the bench. or is that another eagles-only aspect of football us regular fans arent privvy to?

any time you start a sentence that way youre set up for failure. lotta good those ints and passes defensed are doing for the bench. or is that another eagles-only aspect of football us regular fans arent privvy to?

Didnt comprehend any of that. Not sure where you were going with it.

Can we ban da#1skinsfan for stupidity?

And while were at it can we ban arenasisgod for blasphemy?

Are you suggesting the injury-prone players are never evaluated based on their potential worth when healthy?

Surely a fan of the team that signed Sean Springs when he was a free agent and that currently employs Santana Moss, Marcus Washington, Jon Jansen, Randy Thomas, and Clinton Portis would never think such a thing.

Archived