Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles are in discussions with AZ for Larry Fitzgerald

Skins4ever1

From Philly Sports Insider

Larry Fitzgerald: I have heard the Eagles are in discussions with AZ on a Package that would include Lito Sheppard, Winston Justice & a pick or two, but AZ still wants to get a new deal done with Fitzgerald, especially after losing out on Alan Faneca to the Jets.

/

Real good fit for the eagles i hope it dosnt happen....i would also question why thr Skins couldnt get him if this happens.

From Philly Sports Insider

Larry Fitzgerald: I have heard the Eagles are in discussions with AZ on a Package that would include Lito Sheppard, Winston Justice & a pick or two, but AZ still wants to get a new deal done with Fitzgerald, especially after losing out on Alan Faneca to the Jets.

/

And this is a BAD thing for the rest of the NFCE?

Sure-this will be a BIG upgrade for their O, but now-they don't have much depth on the OL and secondary(and the Eagles sure could use their first day pick or 2).

Real good fit for the eagles i hope it dosnt happen....i would also question why thr Skins couldnt get him if this happens.

Do you realize the contract he brings with him? HE also said he would only play for a few teams and Philly was one of them. Not the Skins.

Sure-this will be a BIG upgrade for their O, but now-they don't have much depth on the OL and secondary(and the Eagles sure could use their first day pick or 2).

The Eagles have 12 draft picks this year.

It's a terrible thing for the rest of the NFCE. Sheppard has already been replaced, Winston Justice was DESTROYED by Osi and they have an abundance of draft picks. Fitz in Philly automatically makes them a Superbowl threat in my opinion.

Larry Fitz, Kevin Curtis, Reggie Brown? That's an amazing recieving corp.

Won't happen. Not even the Eagles can absorb his monster cap hit and there is no way that Fitz would restructure to give that much cash up.

Not to mention the hit that the Cards would take in dead money. This has all been talked about before in another thread.

It's a terrible thing for the rest of the NFCE. Sheppard has already been replaced, Winston Justice was DESTROYED by Osi and they have an abundance of draft picks. Fitz in Philly automatically makes them a Superbowl threat in my opinion.

Don't forget Westbrook and a healthy LJ Smith.

Won't happen. Not even the Eagles can absorb his monster cap hit and there is no way that Fitz would restructure to give that much cash up.

Not to mention the hit that the Cards would take in dead money. This has all been talked about before in another thread.

From what I have been reading is it was almost a done deal already but the Cards keep asking for more. I bet this deal gets done.

Justice's natural position is at RT(why Reid thought he could transition him to LT was pretty surprising).

With that being said-the Eagles will get the Pats treatment this upcoming season-the media will already be crowning them SB43 Champs way before the game even gets played. You watch it.

From what I have been reading is it was almost a done deal already but the Cards keep asking for more. I bet this deal gets done.

Reading from where? Phily papers? This would be all over ESPN, PFT and other media outlets if it were close to being done.

Justice's natural position is at RT(why Reid thought he could transition him to LT was pretty surprising).

With that being said-the Eagles will get the Pats treatment this upcoming season-the media will already be crowning them SB43 Champs way before the game even gets played. You watch it.

GCobb just said that the Eagles and Cards have been working on this trade for 2 WEEKS. Anyways, they already have a "deal" ready for Fitz who has agreed to redo his deal. He would get a HUGE signing bonus, sign for 7-8 years spread the bonus out over time and make his base around 3-4m.

Any deal would have to payout $31M over the next two years or he won't consider it. It would be difficult to work a cap friendly deal with restrictions like that. Even the skins with their back loading tendancies wouldn't touch that deal....

Because this would be the single biggest acquisition of the FA period.

Kinda reminds me of the Pats last year though-they concentrated in investing too many stud wideouts b/c Belichick thought it would be the best way to bet the farm, that he all but ignored his team's other glaring weaknesses(i.e. OL and LB)-result? Why their O was dangerous, they slowly but surely got exposed late in the season, as their OL showed alot of cracks.

While the Eagles are making gangbusters moves so far, they really don't have alot of depth in many of their other areas.(i.e. sure-Justice got embarrased on national tv, but his natural position is at RT anyways-both Thomas and Runyan are getting old, he would give this position much needed depth) And with all the talk how Stewart Bradley will be their next MLB, does this mean Gaither, who had an outstanding season, will be gone? And Herremans seems to be on the trading block too.

Sure-they're O will be dangerous(assuming they get Fitz), but if they get an injury to an O-lineman, secondary, etc, they will be screwed.:2cents:

The Eagles have 12 draft picks this year.

8 picks this year

The Eagles have their own selections in rounds 1 through 6. Their seventh-round pick was traded to Buffalo along with defensive tackle Darwin Walker for linebacker Takeo Spikes and quarterback Kelly Holcomb. The Eagles also have two picks acquired via trade - from Seattle (seventh round) for fullback Josh Parry and from Cleveland (sixth round) for center Hank Fraley.

The cap numbers just dont and wont fit as currently constructed.

Too much of a hit for both teams to make this happen.

Moreover, it should take a lot more than a now backup CB, backup (and turnstile) OT, and a draft pick to land Fitz.

Archived