Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we please just Trade for Roy WIlliams?

SkinsAllDay34

Damned if you don't kind of off season I guess.

Showing faith in the guys we have.

Not chasing FAs.

Keeping picks.

Wow, can you believe this FO.:laugh:

I know! If they don't go right out and overpay for someone just because I have heard of them I will just hold my breath 'til I turn blue!! :rotflmao:

We really should start to give younger guys a chance . . . this of course means to DRAFT a big, possession WR and see if he can turn into a productive WR like R. Williams. If not, it'll be a cheaper mistake.

Specifically regarding Roy, I still am against it - as I have said before, "Do we really want a huge Dallas fan as our WR???" ha.

All jokes aside though, he is good. No question about it. But there are other options available . . . and we should look at all of them before we do anything that we may regret.

Wilford, Josh Brown

for the money Wilford got, I don't think he is worth it to me

4 years 13 mil with 6 mil signing bonus ( 4 year vet never has had more than 45 rec in a season, best yardage was 681 yards)

and a five-year, $14.2 million contract with a $4 million signing bonus for a kicker ?

This is getting ridiculous...i see all the "Big name recievers" out there being taken...and we just sitting and watching. Roy Williams is being shopped for a second round pick and we probably were gonna draft a WR with that pick anyway so why not.

THe Chad Johnson trade possibility is fading but could still happen with his agent being the shark.

I here Bryant Johnson but that isnt an appealing name.

Come on Danny and Vinny do something other than sign Todd Collins and the kicker.

Please no more trading for someone else's WR lets draft our own James Hardy

There is a difference between spending foolishly and wisely. If the redskins believe they can solve all their problems with the draft this year, they better land 3-4 starters this upcoming draft. Highly unlikely.

If the redskins go this offseason, picking up guys like Demps just to be depth, this was a bad offseason for us

2k, you really think we need 3-4 starters? To take what? I'll list my needs, you tell me where we need to plug in more guys...

#2 receiver. ARE will be a beast in the slot. LB on him HA!

#3 corner. Smoot earned to be the #2 as Carlos gets back from injury, anything else is depth.

DL: I would prefer a DT prospect to get ready to take Griffin's spot. A big guy who can disrupt the middle of the pocket. Griffin can do that, problem is he's not on the field enough due to injuries.

2 of the 3 positions I named are depth. I don't feel we need a safety, only a backup safety. Doughty earned a starting spot after the job he did last year being thrust into the starting spot.

2k, you really think we need 3-4 starters? To take what? I'll list my needs, you tell me where we need to plug in more guys...

#2 receiver. ARE will be a beast in the slot. LB on him HA!

#3 corner. Smoot earned to be the #2 as Carlos gets back from injury, anything else is depth.

DL: I would prefer a DT prospect to get ready to take Griffin's spot. A big guy who can disrupt the middle of the pocket. Griffin can do that, problem is he's not on the field enough due to injuries.

2 of the 3 positions I named are depth. I don't feel we need a safety, only a backup safety. Doughty earned a starting spot after the job he did last year being thrust into the starting spot.

Ok here are my needs. OG, OT, #1 WR, FB (OT and FB not a prority but needed in long run)

Defense side: DE, DT, Sam LB, CB

Griffin is about done. We need a pass rushing DT and a DE opposite of DE. LB i am concerned about rocky ability to stay healthy and MW long run health. CB, springs is old and we cant expect smoot and him to play all 16. We also dont really know what to expect from Rogers comebac

I hate to break it to folks here, but the Redskins are in a transition season in 2008. I seriously doubt we are going to be seeing this team in the Super Bowl come next February, so all these calls for immediate action to grab a WR through trade to 'keep up' with Dallas, JAX, etc. is to me a bit ridiculous :)

Yes, we have a need for a taller, athletic receiver who is durable.

that doesn't mean if we acquire Roy Williams or sign a FA that the Skins are then going to vault to being a 13-3 team in the NFC :laugh:

this team has a NUMBER of holes.

that's what makes our situation different from that of Jacksonville.

they have the pieces in place at most positions to contend for a Super Bowl EXCEPT receiver. so, they went out and spend resources to add depth there.

Ok here are my needs. OG, OT, #1 WR, FB (OT and FB not a prority but needed in long run)

Defense side: DE, DT, Sam LB, CB

Griffin is about done. We need a pass rushing DT and a DE opposite of DE. LB i am concerned about rocky ability to stay healthy and MW long run health. CB, springs is old and we cant expect smoot and him to play all 16. We also dont really know what to expect from Rogers comebac

I see your point, but how many are needed next year? OG and OT, we really don't need for next year other than for depth. When healthy, this is one of the best o lines in the league IMO.

In terms of D line, on DE I think we have something for the short term with Daniels for 1st and 2nd, and Wilson in passrushing situations.

Rocky is expected to be ready for training camp, since only the ACL was torn (originally thought both ACL & MCL). I think we're good on depth with HB, but we do need a prospect for the long term.

CB, I agree with you on needing one for the long term. But again this is the long term.

On most of these, they are needed to take over the vets. We will be able to get some production out of the vets for next year before they start to really decline IMHO

EDIT: Link on Rocky's news http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=Nfl&id=3929

for the money Wilford got, I don't think he is worth it to me

4 years 13 mil with 6 mil signing bonus ( 4 year vet never has had more than 45 rec in a season, best yardage was 681 yards)

and a five-year, $14.2 million contract with a $4 million signing bonus for a kicker ?

Thats better than what he paid Randel El and Lloyd.

Josh Brown is a great kicker. They can win 1-2 games a year alone

I see your point, but how many are needed next year? OG and OT, we really don't need for next year other than for depth. When healthy, this is one of the best o lines in the league IMO.

I

Thats where we differ, seeing that the redskins are under a new head coach and have a relatively full draft. If their approach is to get a WR in the 1st round, i would welcome bringing back Caldwell as the 3rd WR for the beginning of the season, meanwhile incorpating the rookie in there.

I can see them trading down and getting more picks. If a deal arises where we can add more picks for next year, we do it. I would welcome a selection of a OG and plug him at LG while Kendall remains at the LG/C backup.

I hate to break it to folks here, but the Redskins are in a transition season in 2008. I seriously doubt we are going to be seeing this team in the Super Bowl come next February, so all these calls for immediate action to grab a WR through trade to 'keep up' with Dallas, JAX, etc. is to me a bit ridiculous :)

that doesn't mean if we acquire Roy Williams or sign a FA that the Skins are then going to vault to being a 13-3 team in the NFC :laugh:

they have the pieces in place at most positions to contend for a Super Bowl EXCEPT receiver. so, they went out and spend resources to add depth there.

:applause:

Then how bout we trade next years 1st....or just really make a push for Chad Johnson

Look, CJ is not a Free Agent, so he's not going anywhere soon. Let's wait and see what happens. If we can't get a WR in the draft, then maybe we will offer some picks (it will take more than one first round pick) next year for CJ. I would love to get him here, but there just is no rush right now.

Just enjoy our new "Super Smart" approach.

Hail,

H

I think the toughest transition will be for the offense. I think the def will remain a top 10-top 15 D.

I think the main holes on this team is for the future. Which is why it is imperative not to throw away picks for one or 2 guys.

I really don't care who we get in Free Agency, but I really want Roy Williams. I'd be fine with it if he was the only one we picked up, and we could fill in the other spots through the draft.

Sign this guy and pack our bags!

I think we'd rather have him on the field catching touchdowns than packing our bags. That's what hotel concierge services are for. :laugh:

Sorry, with all the negativity on the board lately, I needed to make a joke. :doh:

I don't think a lot of people on this board realize that we are not a Superbowl team right now. We're at least a year away. A solid draft this year should put us back into contention NEXT season. Combine that with another decent draft and a FA or two and we're where we need to be. Going out spending the big bucks on mediocre players is only going to put us in a bigger hole.

We aren't in full rebuilding mode but we are in a semi-rebuilding phase. We should remain competetive this season but are really building for the future. This season is about a youth movement. I think it was decided this would be the best for the team and could have factored into Gibbs decision to retire rather than make another push in 08.

We just might try to develop instead of trying to hit home runs. Lets see what Mix can do. You never know what you have till you try it. That includes the other tall WR we have on our practice squad.

I keep forgetting about Mix. He would be the answer. Let our smaller, speedier recievers walk us down the field and let mix run fades. I like it!

I am against drafting any WR in the first round as they have the greatest probability of being busts.

DTs are far more combustible than WRs. DEs are right there with WRs.

Draft Malcolm Kelly

Limas Sweed>Malcolm Kelly.

I keep forgetting about Mix. He would be the answer. Let our smaller, speedier recievers walk us down the field and let mix run fades. I like it!

Then we should blitz 10 guys on defense, and let Laron Landry intercept any passes! On kick and punt returns, we should just make everybody block one man, and let ARE just run as fast as he can! Then we onside kick it really high, and let Mix catch it like its a fade! Why didn't we think of this before!!!

My problem with Mix is that I've read several scouting reports saying he has all the tools but gets lazy...

Archived