Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can we please just Trade for Roy WIlliams?

SkinsAllDay34

This is getting ridiculous...i see all the "Big name recievers" out there being taken...and we just sitting and watching. Roy Williams is being shopped for a second round pick and we probably were gonna draft a WR with that pick anyway so why not.

THe Chad Johnson trade possibility is fading but could still happen with his agent being the shark.

I here Bryant Johnson but that isnt an appealing name.

Come on Danny and Vinny do something other than sign Todd Collins and the kicker.

And with the 21st pick, the Washington Redskines select L. Sweed. I love it, hurry up draft and prove me right.

The Maddenites wants us to keep up with the Joneses, but doing it the free agency way isn't a guarantee.

We might after drafting one in the 3rd or 4th round after a Safety and DE :D ,grow our own big name player instead of one here for "Straight Cash, youngin.

I hate to break it to folks here, but the Redskins are in a transition season in 2008. I seriously doubt we are going to be seeing this team in the Super Bowl come next February, so all these calls for immediate action to grab a WR through trade to 'keep up' with Dallas, JAX, etc. is to me a bit ridiculous :)

Yes, we have a need for a taller, athletic receiver who is durable.

that doesn't mean if we acquire Roy Williams or sign a FA that the Skins are then going to vault to being a 13-3 team in the NFC :laugh:

this team has a NUMBER of holes.

that's what makes our situation different from that of Jacksonville.

they have the pieces in place at most positions to contend for a Super Bowl EXCEPT receiver. so, they went out and spend resources to add depth there.

From the naked eye, I agree with you Bulldog. But the only thing I want to dispute about your statement is that you seem to give us zero chance to even be competitive next season.

I know the other NFC East teams are getting stronger, and we are standing pat so far, but if there is anything I have learned the last few years, ANY team is capable of coming out of completely nowhere in any given season. The Saints, Browns, Giants, a couple others have proven that over the last 3 or 4 years.

Nobody has any clue how fast or slow the offense is going to learn the WC system, or how well or bad the defense will be without GW.

But I am inclined to believe that if this roster was capable of making the playoffs last season with this roster, and us not losing anybody major except for maybe Cartwright, why wouldn't we be able to contend next season? Even if we don't get anything in FA other than depth or fodder, we still have practically the same pieces in place as last year, and I truly believe we are capable of playing the way we played after ST's death down the stretch last season. Even if it is JC at quarterback and not Collins, who led us down that stretch.

I just can't bring myself to say next season is a transition year already. We have no clue how we are going to come out of the gate next season. Anything can happen in this league, so until it is proven otherwise, I am saying it is not ridiculous to believe that we can make a run at the title next year.

If the Lions want a 1st Rd pick for Williams, I think it would be wise to wait to closer to the draft and see how desparate (if the are) they are to get rid of him. I don't see this happening. Williams and Johnson will make a awesome WR tandum for them in the future.:2cents:

One of the obvious disadvantages of drafting "BPA" every year for 3 years in a row. Now Detroit has 3 WR's. What do you do? Put him on the trade block and see what you can get? I'd give up a 4th round pick if we had one. I'd offer the 5th rounder we do have. Nothing more.

Stick with what we have. Give our 6'5" guy a chance.

And lookee. My 400th post. On a WR thread? Who'da thunk it.

Archived