Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

david carr released - backup option?

Brandon Lloyd Christmas

if collins goes, how would you guys feel about carr as a backup? i honestly cant think of another option for backup at this point, and he could probably be had for cheap.

I figured this suggestion would come from someone that incorporated Brandon Lloyd into their Username... Earlier I said the Brian Gresie suggestion was the worst I'd ever heard. Congratulations you've re-claimed I dont know football at all award.

I figured this suggestion would come from someone that incorporated Brandon Lloyd into their Username... Earlier I said the Brian Gresie suggestion was the worst I'd ever heard. Congratulations you've re-claimed I dont know football at all award.

oh spare me the weak insults routine, hes just a younger backup QB option we could get for cheap. griese is a fine option too, i dont know who youre expecting to pickup for a backup. collins was only decent because he'd been in that system for a decade. having a 37 year old QB with horrible arm strength learn a brand new system isnt a smart idea.

David Carr isn't horrible... *shrugs* He is 28, has 6 NFL seasons... Completed nearly 60% of his passes for a 74 rating. He wouldn't be asked to come in and save a franchise (like he was asked to do in Houston). Who knows what Jim Zorn could do with him? If the Redskins signed him, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

BTW, last year Carolina was a pretty crappy team overall. His 4 starts were against Indianapolis, Tampa Bay, New Orleans and Tennessee... Those are three pretty good pass defenses at least. You can't really place the entire blame on him.

Interesting points, and I'd like to believe you, really I would, but why not go with somebody with more of a proven track record than him? Even if Zorn is hte best QB coach in the league, wouldn't you want him spending most of his time working on JC's flaws instead of teaching Carr not to be afraid to drop back in the pocket?

i definitely dont believe carr is as bad as many of you think. he has never had a good team arouund him. granted he doesnt know how to get rid of the ball or out of the pocket, but he is a legit BACKUP. no one is talking about him coming in and starting.

thank you. youd think some of these people thought i was suggesting he come in and compete for a starting spot. the guy is obviously a huge bust for the #1 overall pick, but to think he cant come in here and play a reserve role is just being ridiculous.

No way.

Completely lacks football instincts -- he makes Ramsey look like Montana in that department.

One of the biggest football myths the past decade was that the Texans had a horrible offensive line. The problem was Carr, who held on to the ball forever.

Its not a bad idea unless you are afraid that Carr might take Campbells job. Remember new coach wont be or at least shouldnt be playing favorites, unlike Gibbs he will proabley go with the best QB. Carr has a career passer rating of 74! and yet you think Campbell is good with a 77? Jason has more room to improve sure. But you got to also take this into account how bad the Texans were! Carr has been sacked a total of 262 times in 6 yrs! Campbell 28 for his two yrs. Think about it :)

You guys never seem to understand how weak we are at the quaterback position. I remember last year all the talk when Collins made backup positon. How noway he could win a game, some say he wasnt even good enough to hold a clip board. He should have been cut and keep the younger guys how would be better anyway. Yet if the truth be told he walk on this team as a 3rd stringer and was already the best QB on the team! He beat Gibbs boys in the preseason

if collins goes, how would you guys feel about carr as a backup? i honestly cant think of another option for backup at this point, and he could probably be had for cheap.

I dont know... He has shown that he cant play the game in the NFL. He holds on to the ball way too long among other things. If he can be had really cheap and Zorn has the time and thanks he can fix that, sure.

HELLLL no... im down here in panther territory... got to watch him whenever i wasnt watching skins... he is SO bad.. i mean SOOOO bad....

I guess living in Carolina and watching him a few games play for a team that won 7 games last year, ranking middle-to-bottom of the league in nearly every statistical category (offense and defense) makes you the resident expert. In his 4 starts last year, he went 1-3 against Tampa Bay (#1 pass defense), Indiannapolis (#2 pass defense), New Orleans and Tennessee (#10 pass defense)... I would say that while learning a new offense and serving as a backup for the first time in his career (at the age of 27), that he didn't disqualify himself from future backup opportunities. The guy has too good of an arm.

He was great in college, is only 28, played fairly well for Houston (considering what he was asked to do), and is still young enough to possibly make great strides under Jim Zorn.

I'm not saying the Redskins will or should add him. However, if they do it probably means that Jim Zorn thinks he can make a decent quarterback out of David Carr. Carr certainly has more God-given tools to work with at 28 than most backup quarterbacks.

I would go cry in my bedroom for 2 days if we ever did something as stupid as signing that greasy haired cow who calls himself a QB. How can someone ruin the value of someone as great as Steve Smith (check his numbers when Delhomme was playing), and lost his job to a 44-year old AND an undrafted rookie. COME ON!!!

Archived