Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Long, should we trade up?

Robbnva

I'de rather trade up for Dorsey. Two firsts and this years third is about what it would take to get in the top 5.

But with the needs of team up front, I think some will have to reach on QB/RB/LTs.

This was my initial thought also. The Pats are dying to move out of the #7 spot and if Dorsey is still available at that point, I think the Skins should at least entertain the thought.

I am of the mind that an explosive DT will help this defense more than a DE will and Dorsey appears to be that kind of player.

No chance in hell we draft from the 21st spot to as high as the 4th. If he drops to the Raiders, he is gone.

We have enough pressing needs that we can't blow an entire draft on 1 player. There are other DE's in the 1st/early 2nd rounds that are comparable.

Exactly.

I guess Chris Long is this years Calvin Johnson on ES.

Nobody has talked about him on here and since everybody is talking about everyone else I am curious as to what you guys think. They say he can play either 3-4 or 4-3 and he is an absolute monster on the field. Dolphins are looking to trade out of the #1 spot but would we ever consider drafting him?

I personally love his attitude and work ethic. he is always striving to be the best and we need more guys like that.

Love to hear what you think.

Who doesn't love his work ethic and attitude? This guy could go #1...far for us to trade up.

No, I don't really want to go purely by combine results. If that's all that mattered, Mike Mamula would be in the Hall of Fame.

The only player that compares to Long in this draft in both production and ability as a football player is Vernon Gholston. That's the only one.

Then if you don't want to go via combine numbers and go solely what they did in College, Long would be a 2nd round pick. Virginia is not in a tough division at all when it comes to football.

You have to take the promise of a player, where he played and what he did in college along with the combine to determine what he can do.

All the players I listed may not be #1 picks, but they are all soild 1st rounders.

No. Absolutely, positively no. Even if this guys was the second coming of [insert any HOF'er here] no. This team has so many needs because we've traded away so much for so little for so long. It'd be like Ditka's trade for Ricky Williams all over again. Or the Herschel Walker deal.

NO.

We are at the point that we need quantity as well as quality. We need two or three OL picks to pick up a starter and depth. If anything trade our number 21 with one of the 4-12 or 5-11 teams and get us two second round and two third round picks.

But do not undercut our first chance at the draft in years to get one player. Do not trade away the future. Last time I looked, we still need 22 good players on the field during the game.

This was my initial thought also. The Pats are dying to move out of the #7 spot and if Dorsey is still available at that point, I think the Skins should at least entertain the thought.

I am of the mind that an explosive DT will help this defense more than a DE will and Dorsey appears to be that kind of player.

A DE is worth a lot more. Just because Chris Long went to UVA. To argue with that is to entertain death.

Seriously though, both Long and Dorsey are excellent players. Both have that dominating prescence, but I'd rather have Dorsey. That kind of presence inside would open things up for Carter and Wilson like no other.

]']A DE is worth a lot more. Just because Chris Long went to UVA. To argue with that is to entertain death.

Seriously though' date=' both Long and Dorsey are excellent players. Both have that dominating prescence, but I'd rather have Dorsey. That kind of presence inside would open things up for Carter and Wilson like no other.[/quote']

Lets forget the fact that Wilson is a 255 lb linebacker playing the DE slot on pass rushing downs and not a starter for a minute.

Are we forgetting that Dorsey has had issues with the stress fracture in his leg revealed? Not someone I'd take a chance on with that history.

Nobody has talked about him on here and since everybody is talking about everyone else I am curious as to what you guys think. They say he can play either 3-4 or 4-3 and he is an absolute monster on the field. Dolphins are looking to trade out of the #1 spot but would we ever consider drafting him?

I personally love his attitude and work ethic. he is always striving to be the best and we need more guys like that.

Love to hear what you think.

NO

Archived