Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Long, should we trade up?

Robbnva

Nobody has talked about him on here and since everybody is talking about everyone else I am curious as to what you guys think. They say he can play either 3-4 or 4-3 and he is an absolute monster on the field. Dolphins are looking to trade out of the #1 spot but would we ever consider drafting him?

I personally love his attitude and work ethic. he is always striving to be the best and we need more guys like that.

Love to hear what you think.

He is an absolute monster and I would LOVE to have him, but we would have to gut our entire draft class and some players on our team to get him. I just don't think its worth it... He is a great guy and he will be a surefire stud on the team that gets him. I honestly think he will go number 1 and that's too much for us right now.

I wouldn't complain. Reason being I think this guy is going to be the best player in the draft when we look back on it 10 years from now. He's got everything. The physical ability, the work ethic, the leadership. He's basically been bred to be a star defensive lineman in the NFL. His father set a high standard and I think he'll live up to it.

I agree C. Long is going to be a stud, but this isn't Madden where you can just trade up to get a higher pick, we would have to give our 1st this year, maybe next years, several other picks and probably a key starter....IMO no player in this years draft is worth making a HUGE move, considering we were a playoff team and with a few key guys should be able to make another run in 2008...there is no point to trade up....

He is an absolute monster and I would LOVE to have him, but we would have to gut our entire draft class and some players on our team to get him. I just don't think its worth it... He is a great guy and he will be a surefire stud on the team that gets him. I honestly think he will go number 1 and that's too much for us right now.

Guted all of our picks like Mike Ditka traded us all of the Siants in order to get Ricky Williams. Agree he is a monster, but it will cost too much to get him.

We'd have to give away so many picks and hand him an absolutely massive contract from day one.

No thanks.

I think we've learned that you can't keep wasting draft picks because it leaves you with bums on the roster as backups. And at some point in the season those bums will have to go out on the field.

We'd have to give away so many picks and hand him an absolutely massive contract from day one.

No thanks.

I think we've learned that you can't keep wasting draft picks because it leaves you with bums on the roster as backups. And at some point in the season those bums will have to go out on the field.

No, cause Chris Long has the elusiveness of Jack Bauer, the balls of Chuck Norris, the strength of Optimus Prime and the dashedly good looks of Corrupt3d.

In other words, he'd be worth it.

I'd love to have him but we can't get him. While he is guaranteed to be good, Campbell has a lot of upside, Jackson had a good career, Merling will be good, and Harvey is the best pass rusher of the bunch. He just isn't worth it.

C. Campbell will be a BUST, no upside. I pray we do not draft him

I love the kid. However, I don't think the Redskins should pay what it would take to get him. Even if we were able to get him for a reasonable price, which I think would be this and next years 1st round picks along with next years third, we'd then have to pay the kid. Talking about a cap buster. While the FO has done well in manipulating the cap I don't think there are any built-in contingencies for signing a #1 pick. We'd probably end up losing a valuable player or two that's already on the roster. If you could show me a way to manuver around the cap w/o losing players, and aquire the #1 draft pick this year for no more than I listed above then I'd say "GO GET HIM."

Archived