Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Long, should we trade up?

Robbnva

Gholston will be a top 5 pick also. I want somebody to tell me of a STUD DE who will be at 21 OR in the 2nd round.

C. Campbell IS NOT a STUD so don't even use his name.

These are the DE's that will most likely still be on the board at #21.

Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC

Quentin Groves, DE/OLB, Auburn

Cliff Avril, DE/OLB, Purdue

Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida

Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson

Make up your mind of any of them are "studs" or not.

I definately know which one I'd choose.

Simpsons---Homer-Simpson-Celebrity-Image-72594.jpg

There is some extreme homerism/manlove for Long.

I'm always leary of players who have immense talent but don't go to school at programs that play in "football conferences".

I will go on record and say Long, if he starts most of the season will be the Defensive Rookie of the Year.

wow robb thats a pretty bold claim considering the crop of defensive talent that is coming out this year. whoever the defensive rookie of the year is i just hope he plays for the skins.

Well since most people agree itis stupid to trade up to get Long, we most likely won't have the D.R.O.T.Y but I hope whoever we get is at least 2nd place

for the record I still think if there was a way to do it we should

There is some extreme homerism/manlove for Long.

I'm always leary of players who have immense talent but don't go to school at programs that play in "football conferences".

Long chose UVA because it's an excellent school (arguably the best public university in the nation) and Al Groh is a coach that prepares his players quite well for the NFL. Also, Howie Long chose to live in Charlottesville, VA over any other place in the country (he could have moved his family anywhere); Charlottesville is consistently voted one of the top places to live in America.

Long chose UVA because it's an excellent school (arguably the best public university in the nation) and Al Groh is a coach that prepares his players quite well for the NFL. Also, Howie Long chose to live in Charlottesville, VA over any other place in the country (he could have moved his family anywhere); Charlottesville is consistently voted one of the top places to live in America.

Thats great for him and his family and I applaud him for going to an actual University to receive an education instead of an overblown JC (*cough* Miami *cough*).

Still the fact remains that Virginia plays in the ACC and doesn't see much top shelf competition week in and week out.

I'll be very interested to see how he develops during his rookie season and if he has any hiccups. He seems to have all the physical tools to succeed as well as the pedigree.

Still the fact remains that Virginia plays in the ACC and doesn't see much top shelf competition week in and week out.

I'll be very interested to see how he develops during his rookie season and if he has any hiccups. He seems to have all the physical tools to succeed as well as the pedigree.

It hasn't seemed to effect the production of the few top draft picks that have come out of UVA, or for that matter other top draft picks coming from the ACC or for that matter other phenoms (Chris Long is a phenom) coming from even smaller conferences.

Also, I don't think I've heard or read a single bad thing about Chris Long, there seems to be a consensus from the pundits that he's the "real deal."

Archived