Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lions game was an example of what we can expect from campbell

philemon

I was watching the Lions game again today from Week 5. The offense used quite a bit of short routes to create a rhythm for Jason. JC finished the game with a rating of 125.3 - the highest rating he had all season. He completed 79.3% of his passes (his best percentage of the season) and threw for 248 yards that game.

Based on the comments Zorn has been making on the kind of offense we'll see next season, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see JC have more of this kind of game.

Interesting note... Moss did not play in that game due to injury. ARE was also injured most of the second half after receiving 100 yards in the first half.

No way.

Campbell sucks.

Pointing out his good games doesn't change the fact that he's had bad games.

</ES logic>

I totally agree. I was at that game, and Campbell just looked so comfortable with that kind of offense. Hurry-up was the key for all of his games, and having so many options to pass to, especially during blitzes, will work wonders for him.

I'm telling you, we brought in Zorn specifically for Campbell.

I think Jason played his best games against the Lions game, first Dallas game, and first Philly game and he proved he can do a tremendous job quarterbacking for the Redskins. I think the West Offense will enable him to have a higher completion percentage. Add to the fact that Portis, Sellers, and the backup RB Betts will get more carries in this offense will only aid Jason.

As far as the Lions game in particular, Campbell played basically a perfect game.

No way.

Campbell sucks.

Pointing out his good games doesn't change the fact that he's had bad games.

</ES logic>

Campells bad games were because of a shotty and depleted OLINE that was inexperienced. Sure they played well a few games, but could not sustain that play consistently. Any QB plays poorly with defenders in his face most of the time (See Brady in SB, his online played great all season then had one bad game) it all starts up front, it all starts up front. my :2cents:

Campells bad games were because of a shotty and depleted OLINE that was inexperienced. Sure they played well a few games, but could not sustain that play consistently. Any QB plays poorly with defenders in his face most of the time (See Brady in SB, his online played great all season then had one bad game) it all starts up front, it all starts up front. my :2cents:

Well, he did make some bad decisions, but his inexperience and swiss cheese in front of him were the cause for the bulk of his mistakes.

I'm SO excited to see what Campbell does.

I don't know why, but I'm getting pumped for this season.

No offense, but why is it that the one truly good game in his career the one being chosen as an example of what to expect? Just because he threw some short passes? There are a lot more examples to choose from. Well, I guess all the other examples aren't nearly as good.

Campbell was at his best out of the shotgun and in a hurry up formation

I was hoping the team would go to more hurry up last year. The quick rythym throws that you talk about is correct, and during the Lions game he was hitting them

Hopefully he can improve his deep accuracy so he can hit Moss when he is wide open deep :)

i went to that game.... the lions had no shot with that kind of gameplanning.

which brings me to something. since we have an easier schedule this year, i hope zorn takes that type of aggressive approach throughout the season. esp. with some of the more average teams. lets just go for their jugular. REMEMBER! we lost a lot of games being conservative... and barely won some we should have lost.

you should be optamistic, because with a little more hardnose/cut throat execution, we are one of the most talented football teams in the NFL...not just the nfc.

Yeah, I thought he looked the best in Dallas (except for the last decision he made where he shouldve ran the ball) That entire game he moved the ball so well, threw a couple touchdowns, didnt make any mistakes really except the big one

What an amazing rack that is...

I am very optimistic about JC and the Redskins next season. There is no reason to believe that they can't succeed. I'm not not entirely confident that after Gibbs and Williams leaving there won't be some hangover.

wish I had that game on tape. We were so dominant in every aspect.

I can only hope that we see more games like this in the futre. Even MSF didn't have anything to complain about after this game.

I have a truncated .wmv file of it but it's almost 290mb. too big to mail.

I was watching the Lions game again today from Week 5. The offense used quite a bit of short routes to create a rhythm for Jason. JC finished the game with a rating of 125.3 - the highest rating he had all season. He completed 79.3% of his passes (his best percentage of the season) and threw for 248 yards that game.

Based on the comments Zorn has been making on the kind of offense we'll see next season, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see JC have more of this kind of game.

Interesting note... Moss did not play in that game due to injury. ARE was also injured most of the second half after receiving 100 yards in the first half.

Yeah, but too bad you don't get to face the Lions for all 16 of your games.:doh:

You would use the Lions' game as an example. Now that's scraping the bottom of the barrel.:laugh:

He had that same shotty and depleted Oline when he faced the Lions.

Campbell was at his best out of the shotgun and in a hurry up formation

I was hoping the team would go to more hurry up last year. The quick rythym throws that you talk about is correct, and during the Lions game he was hitting them

Hopefully he can improve his deep accuracy so he can hit Moss when he is wide open deep :)

LOL!!! You can't go hurry up formatiuon for an entire game. Just about any QB looks good in a hurry-up offense.

i went to that game.... the lions had no shot with that kind of gameplanning.

which brings me to something. since we have an easier schedule this year, i hope zorn takes that type of aggressive approach throughout the season. esp. with some of the more average teams. lets just go for their jugular. REMEMBER! we lost a lot of games being conservative... and barely won some we should have lost.

you should be optamistic, because with a little more hardnose/cut throat execution, we are one of the most talented football teams in the NFL...not just the nfc.

When you have a QB that whenver he throws more than 30+ passes and your team is 0-10, then what would you expect the coaches to do but be conservative.

I've got that game taped too and I have to agree, we did run kind of a WCO in that game. Short passes all over the field, more outside running and some receiving by Mike Sellers.

That's the same offense Campbell ran at Auburn his senior year and the same one that made him a 1st round pick. We would've been smart to keep the offense like that last season.

But the single best part about that game is when Sean Taylor blocked that guy on Rock/Thrash's kick return. The commentators were just like damn!

Someone posted a video of Frampton talking **** to Sean Taylor before the game and ST shaking his head at him, then a clip of ST racking him up during that return.

ST played with the kind of intensity that you wish every player had.

You know, Campbell would have looked a lot better this year if his receivers had done a better job of catching balls. I think they were still struggling to adapt to the Al Saunders playbook. Possibly, they'll all to better under Zorn, since he's supposed to be an excellent teacher (of course, so was Saunders).

When you have a QB that whenver he throws more than 30+ passes and your team is 0-10, then what would you expect the coaches to do but be conservative.

you can have 50 pass plays that are still conservative, game plan wise

note: texans game. mb's bs way of tieing pass record.

theres more to that 0-10 stat then jason throwing 30 times, so much more that it makes that stat only appear to be revealing, at best. i think jason threw more in the games that we went 3 and out on conservative running plays when we had the lead and were at the point of playing catch up... or playing with a bit of desperation caused by bad calling and inexperience. A lot of problems were more management and youth issues... something zorn, i think, was hired to fix.

i think jason will fix that stat this year.

hail.

you can have 50 pass plays that are still conservative, game plan wise

note: texans game. mb's bs way of tieing pass record.

theres more to that 0-10 stat then jason throwing 30 times, so much more that it makes that stat only appear to be revealing, at best. i think jason threw more in the games that we went 3 and out on conservative running plays when we had the lead and were at the point of playing catch up... or playing with a bit of desperation caused by bad calling and inexperience. A lot of problems were more management and youth issues... something zorn, i think, was hired to fix.

i think jason will fix that stat this year.

hail.

-First point a team that passes 50 times is almost never convservative game plan wise unless every single pass is a screen/swing to the HB.

-To the second point it is horrible for qb to be 0-10 when throwing 30+ passes.

-It seems you beleive that Campbell threw more in the games when we were going three and out, which is actually the complete opposite of the truth. Just think about it, if your constantly going three and out you won't stay on the field thus be incapable of getting as many plays off, which will almost always lead to a qb throwing less than 30 attempts.

-Campbell has yet to prove that we can trust him when the game is on the line, but he is still young and can hopefully improve, but his 0-10 stat for any time he attempts 30+ can not be easily disregarded.

-Because you need your stars to perform when they have the ball, much like CP does, I am not sure of the exact number anymore but I would imagine its around 17-3, that is the record of the skins when CP gets 100+ yds.

Archived