Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lions game was an example of what we can expect from campbell

philemon

I think the point the OP was trying to make - and I'm not just singling you out, you just happened to be the last contrary post - is that the TYPE of game that was played (short timing passes, use of shotgun, spread offense) resulted in a great game for Campbell, and certainly where he looked the most comfortable. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, it's easy to see that JC is most at home in a 3-wide intermediate passing offense. Our best offensive production last year came from running that type of offense.

Hopefully Zorn's WCO will be very similar and more voluminous regarding the spread offense, and result in more of those type of games.

They also had the same game plan against GB and Campbell was very sharp in that game as well, besides all the drops. I think JC even said he felt that was the best game he had played till that point.

Campbell is a terrible QB. I can't believe all of the excuses made for him. Most of the excuses are flat out lies. "JC is on his 1st year." Wrong, he is going into his 4th. "WR's were hurt." They all magically healed at halftime of the Bears game.

From Yahoo, it shows Campbell as playing two complete seasons:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7201

From the NFL, history of draft by team, it shows Campbell was drafted in 2005:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=5110&type=team

That would mean he played in 2006 and 2007. He had one year under his belt prior to the 2007 season. Since the 2008 season hasn't started yet, that would be 2 years using math as I know it, meaning he's going into his 3rd.

You have other sources that say he's played more? Please enlighten us.

This training camp will be JC's 4th in the NFL. It doesn't matter how many games he has started. The reason he couldn't break into the starting lineup earlier with an absolute bum in front of him was on JC himself. The guy just isn't very good. It's like people pulling the Lions game out, and saying how brilliant Campbell looked. You know what? The Bears can pull out many more games showing at how brilliant Grossman looked.

I have to make a comment regarding what was said about Moss being out the Lions game. Watching the Skins all season, It stood out to me that every time JC tries to force the ball to Moss, he would create a turnover. During the course of the game when he is in the flow, he spreads the ball around well but when it seems Moss has to have it, mistake after mistake.

What is wrong with some of you people? All haters....seems like some of you haven't watched the games you claim you have. JC is a good quarterback and is going to get better in my opinion. He makes mistakes but who doesn't?

HAIL!

So, you admittedly stated your opinion, and those that harbor a different one are either haters or not watching the games? JC has had far more bad games than good ones. Pointing to the one truly good game he had when he threw short passes against one of the worst defenses as a sign of the future is nothing more than wishful thinking.

JC's potential is great. That's what we are banking on. Potential, not results. His potential to be a less-than-average QB is just as strong.

If JC played for Dallas, no one on this board would be talking about how great he is about to become. And no one would be fearing playing Dallas' offense next year. Yet.

I think the first dallas game, when he threw for about 325 yards is a more realistic view of what we can expect. A mix of intermediate routes and deep ones to Cooley and Moss. I loved how we ran that NO-Huddle and JC was able to pick apart the cowboys secondary. If Campbell doesn't throw that EXTREMELY STUPID interception at the end, that could be one of the greatest Redskins comebacks of the decade (Besides the Miracle at Midnight.) I believe that that pace and timing that we saw out of him is what we can expect in the future.

Archived