Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lions game was an example of what we can expect from campbell

philemon

LOL!!! You can't go hurry up formatiuon for an entire game. Just about any QB looks good in a hurry-up offense.

Um, what?

It takes a skilled QB to run the hurry-up offense effectively. In the hurry up, the QB has to analyze the defense at the line, call a play that will work, and execute. Campbell did a lot of that while he ran the hurry up and thrived in it.

Second of all, the 30+ throws 0-10 stat. It's disturbing. But it's not something that's entirely his fault. Jason was the entire offense that Dallas game as CP had 12 carries for 36 yards, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been in position for a potential TD (or screw-up with your pessimistic attitude :rolleyes: ) Lots of other instances where this holds true as well.

i was saying that we set ourselves up for a young inexperienced qb to play it safe in the beginnings of the 2nd half when we had position to close out games. the conervative 3 and outs led to oppertunities for the other team to score. if your taking the 50 passes literally your missing the point that jason's 0-10 stat has a lot more to do with coaching than one can think. im not saying its gibbs... its more of the chiefs indians theory.

does everyone forget the stat of blown half time leads? does everyone forget the bills game? the giants game? the green bay game? heck, even the arizona game???? i mean cmon obviously the conservative handcuffs were on someone then... maybe not just jason but the entire offense. yes the saunders offense looked better for todd (if your going to say that). hes the jason garret of that offense...

i think its ok to base next season on the detroit game becuase that was the best and closest display of a wco... but it is! more so the gameplan. the result had a lot to do with the lions, but it also had a lot to do with the rhythmic wc like passes that kept them on their heels.

I certainly hope JC can perform like that next year. With the WCO, a taller WR, and a healthy O line, he may very well be able to.

If not, I don't know what the future will hold for the QB position.

JC has not played an entire season yet and I hope we don't forget that. But the team may start questioning how much time to give him. Worst case scenario for 08, TC gets put in by game 4. Or they may be worst case for JC.

You know, Campbell would have looked a lot better this year if his receivers had done a better job of catching balls. I think they were still struggling to adapt to the Al Saunders playbook. Possibly, they'll all to better under Zorn, since he's supposed to be an excellent teacher (of course, so was Saunders).

Yet the WRs had no problems catching balls from Collins. Imagine that. OH WAIT! That's because Collins knew the system... but did the WRs?

Yet the WRs had no problems catching balls from Collins. Imagine that. OH WAIT! That's because Collins knew the system... but did the WRs?

I noticed you posted like 5 times in a row earlier?

And now you're back again. Please add something of value to the thread. Do you do this often?

If you want to post in a QB thread, I'll start a Tavaris Jackson or Brooks Bollinger thread. That should give you plenty of oppurtunities.

you can have 50 pass plays that are still conservative, game plan wise

note: texans game. mb's bs way of tieing pass record.

theres more to that 0-10 stat then jason throwing 30 times, so much more that it makes that stat only appear to be revealing, at best. i think jason threw more in the games that we went 3 and out on conservative running plays when we had the lead and were at the point of playing catch up... or playing with a bit of desperation caused by bad calling and inexperience. A lot of problems were more management and youth issues... something zorn, i think, was hired to fix.

i think jason will fix that stat this year.

hail.

Define conservative. I think that just another excuse you guys are putting forth. Fact is, Campbell's play dictated that the Redskins go conservative. Throwing the ball 30 times revealed that when they put the game in Campbell's hands, he couldn't seal the deal.

When does Campbell get the blame? Don't you find it revealing that all of you guys are coming up with excuses for Campbell and blaming others? If Campbell was all that ou guys think him to be, then he would show it, and you wouldn't be here making these excuses.

But hey! You did the exact same thing when it was Ramsey... so carry on.

ONCELER1 all of your points have been argued to death. You are saying nothing new. There are things that can be said to argue with you, but quite frankly, I'm tired of doing that. Cause it's been beat to death.

It's just a shame you root so hard for one of our players to fail.

Define conservative. I think that just another excuse you guys are putting forth. Fact is, Campbell's play dictated that the Redskins go conservative. Throwing the ball 30 times revealed that when they put the game in Campbell's hands, he couldn't seal the deal.

When does Campbell get the blame? Don't you find it revealing that all of you guys are coming up with excuses for Campbell and blaming others? If Campbell was all that ou guys think him to be, then he would show it, and you wouldn't be here making these excuses.

But hey! You did the exact same thing when it was Ramsey... so carry on.

No one is coming up with excuses. Matter of fact, if you read the title of the thread, it shows that we can really only pick one full game to highlight. One can also say that you can highlight the last 1/4 of the Dallas and Tampa Bay games.

The point being: Campbell has a lot of work to do. We all know that. And injured WR's and OL didn't help him any.

Um, what?

It takes a skilled QB to run the hurry-up offense effectively. In the hurry up, the QB has to analyze the defense at the line, call a play that will work, and execute. Campbell did a lot of that while he ran the hurry up and thrived in it.

Second of all, the 30+ throws 0-10 stat. It's disturbing. But it's not something that's entirely his fault. Jason was the entire offense that Dallas game as CP had 12 carries for 36 yards, and if it weren't for him, we wouldn't have been in position for a potential TD (or screw-up with your pessimistic attitude :rolleyes: ) Lots of other instances where this holds true as well.

When you run a hurry up offense, it's a chaotic situation for the defense. They are trying to substitute players in and get the right formation and so it makes it all the more easier and effective for the offense.

What other incidents if such holds true?

What about the Miami game when Portis bailed out Campbell? You went into overtime in that game and the coaches took the game out of Cmapbell's hands and put into Portis'. That's an indictment against Campbell right there.

ONCELER1 all of your points have been argued to death. You are saying nothing new. There are things that can be said to argue with you, but quite frankly, I'm tired of doing that. Cause it's been beat to death.

It's just a shame you root so hard for one of our players to fail.

I second that. Get over the Skins-Minny game! We made AP look like a backup. Who cares?

I was watching the Lions game again today from Week 5. The offense used quite a bit of short routes to create a rhythm for Jason. JC finished the game with a rating of 125.3 - the highest rating he had all season. He completed 79.3% of his passes (his best percentage of the season) and threw for 248 yards that game.

Based on the comments Zorn has been making on the kind of offense we'll see next season, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see JC have more of this kind of game.

Interesting note... Moss did not play in that game due to injury. ARE was also injured most of the second half after receiving 100 yards in the first half.

Please note that I never said that Jason was going to become a superhero QB next season. Some of the responses to my OP seem to indicate that I was projecting a Pro Bowl year from JC and a Super Bowl victory.

The only thing I said was "I wouldn't be surprised at all to see JC have more of this kind of game" under Zorn's system - which does translate into a fairly productive QB and offense. There are two more parts to the team, however: Defense and Special Teams. If they don't play well, then a "W" is never guaranteed.

When watching the Lions game (I was there in person, too), it wasn't until the 4th quarter that we broke that game open in the scoring. While we dominated in stats, we couldn' get the ball into the endzone to save our lives. Finally, we had a safety, then a big play on special teams that led to a score and finished with an interception TD. That's half our points that game.

When you run a hurry up offense, it's a chaotic situation for the defense. They are trying to substitute players in and get the right formation and so it makes it all the more easier and effective for the offense.

What other incidents if such holds true?

What about the Miami game when Portis bailed out Campbell? You went into overtime in that game and the coaches took the game out of Cmapbell's hands and put into Portis'. That's an indictment against Campbell right there.

Let's try this:

Good point onceler1! Fine assessment!

I hope to see that kind of game from Campbell all the time this year. That was his best game as a pro, in my opinion. I really hope that Zorn can develop JC into an elite franchise QB.

Well if you played the Lions for all 16 games thenh maybe you'd get games like that from Campbell but unfortunately you don't!;)

hes only missed time to injury once in the regular season.

people! give him as much time as eli had. and onceler is right...there was only one game that the wr's blew it. our wr's are very good.

I'm not saying your WRs are very good---because they are not---they are decent. As shown with Collins, a better QB could get more out of them than what Campbell could.

Archived