Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

lions game was an example of what we can expect from campbell

philemon

hes shown 0 promise. Campbell has shown alot including Wins against the Panthers, Saints in his first season

Carrying us through the first part of this season while health was an issue. Winning the eagles game on the road early on. Outplaying Favre in Greenbay. Almost beating Tampa after having 6 Turnovers in the 1st half. 4 straight 60+ yd drives.

I'd wager that I've watched more Vikings' games than you so you don't have a leg to stand on. Jackson has shown flashes like Campbell has shown flashes. However, Vikings' fans and no one else is making excuses the way you guys are with Campbell.

He didn't carry you guys. You guy were 5-7 with Campbell and riding a 4-game losing streak.

Last season, yeah he won the Panther's game for you. I'll give you that. But the Saints' game...? Your defense and kicker won that game for you---not Campbell.

As for this season against the Eagles, you can make all kinds of excuses for Campbell but what about McNabb? He was still injured in that game. And yet the game was still in doubt for you Redskins. McNabb still had a chance to tie it in the very end.

As for outplaying Favre, one of his worst games and yet Favre still got the win.

As for almost beating Tampa, what about almost losing to Arizona? And those 5---not 6, tunrovers, Campbell was responsible for 2 of them.

philemon, how and where were you able to watch the game? let me know cuz i would like to see it again....

if anybody knows,please PM me,thanks....

I Tivo'd every game of the season and then burned them on to DVD for my viewing pleasure during the offseason. Helps Sunday afternoons pass until September...

Hey Onceler,

I like having a conversation just as much as anyone on here. But out of curiosity, I just clicked on your screen name at the top of the page, and i then clicked on the option to read all the posts you have made.

I read through a couple weeks or so and it seems you only bring negativity to any thread that you respond to. You seem to spend a lot of time on ES doing and saying anything you can to bash the Redskin organization, coaches, players, and owner. It seems you are content to discount anyone's opinion around here.

Now granted, ES is a very democratic message board and a lot of things are allowed to go on. But I could not find one post of yours that actually added value to a discussion. Your posts are normally dissenting and pretentious. That may draw the attention of the moderators after a while.

Just wanted to let you know in case you were not aware of your history here.

Because JC threw for 2700 yds and Jackson threw for 1900. Because Jackson threw more INT's than TD's.

How many Offensive schemes has Jackson been in the last 5-6 years.

And yeah right, you're not a Minny fan.

I'm not a Vikings' fan. You assume that because I live in Minneapolis, but that's not the case. You want it to be because it'd make your argument easier---if you had one.

I don't know how many offensive systems Jackson has been in. Don't really care. I'm not making a case for Jackson.

Yes Jackson threw more INTs than TDs. And Campbell threw 12 TDs and 11 INTs. You do realize that one of those 12 TDs was a garbage TD by way of the Patriots' game when the Redskins were down 52-0 with 3 minutes left in the game? LOL!!!!

I'd wager that I've watched more Vikings' games than you so you don't have a leg to stand on. Jackson has shown flashes like Campbell has shown flashes. However, Vikings' fans and no one else is making excuses the way you guys are with Campbell.

He didn't carry you guys. You guy were 5-7 with Campbell and riding a 4-game losing streak.

Last season, yeah he won the Panther's game for you. I'll give you that. But the Saints' game...? Your defense and kicker won that game for you---not Campbell.

As for this season against the Eagles, you can make all kinds of excuses for Campbell but what about McNabb? He was still injured in that game. And yet the game was still in doubt for you Redskins. McNabb still had a chance to tie it in the very end.

As for outplaying Favre, one of his worst games and yet Favre still got the win.

As for almost beating Tampa, what about almost losing to Arizona? And those 5---not 6, tunrovers, Campbell was responsible for 2 of them.

I watched roughly 4-5 vikes game this year. Oh i thought you werent a Vikes fan. Yes he did carry this offense. CP and the WRs were not healthy the first part of the season and Campbell was the only reason why we remained competitive early in the season.

He did outplay Favre, It was Moss who fumbled and then took himself out of the ball game. BTW, we lost our center for that game too. We had a backup C, G, and RT.

Ok he was responsible for 2 but those only lead to 3 pts. CP and Moss fumbles lead to 16 pts and 4 possessions starting inside the 20. Campbell in the 2nd half lead us on 4 straight 60+ yd drives but it was Gibbs who tried to wager it all and go for it on 4th and 1 at the 3 instead of taking the FG

You do realize that one of those 12 TDs was a garbage TD by way of the Patriots' game when the Redskins were down 52-0 with 3 minutes left in the game? LOL!!!!

And you do realize that about 3-5 of those picks came off of tipped balls that should have been caught by our receivers.

Again, everything you're saying has already been argued to hell and back.

I'm done.

Consistency is the key to success. Haven't seen it yet. If he brings it this year then I'm a believer. But he's GOTTA bring it. Not convinced he's as intelligent as the other QBs that were developed over several seasons as everyone seems to think he needs to do. He's shown he's capable. Just gotta see more of it.

And yet for all the other games when you had your deep threat in, what did Campbell do?

You're right Mister MN...

Thats why I think we should trade with your Vikings for Tamera Jackson. She's WAY better than Jason Campbell

EDIT: I went and got her numbers from your game VS THE LIONS the same year... 17/33, YDS = 166, TD = 0, INT = 4 :rolleyes:

NOW THAT'S scraping the bottom of the barrel :laugh:

Consistency is the key to success. Haven't seen it yet. If he brings it this year then I'm a believer. But he's GOTTA bring it. Not convinced he's as intelligent as the other QBs that were developed over several seasons as everyone seems to think he needs to do. He's shown he's capable. Just gotta see more of it.

Well said. We need to see more consistency. Kinda hard to be consistent though with the # of games he played. I hope he has a breakout 2008.

When you run a hurry up offense, it's a chaotic situation for the defense. They are trying to substitute players in and get the right formation and so it makes it all the more easier and effective for the offense.

What other incidents if such holds true?

What about the Miami game when Portis bailed out Campbell? You went into overtime in that game and the coaches took the game out of Cmapbell's hands and put into Portis'. That's an indictment against Campbell right there.

How about the 2nd Philly game? Campbell ran the hurry up effectively and the offense clicked. Had the defense not had a collapse (Reggie Brown TD, Westbrook TD) then the Skins most likely win. Tampa Bay also. The Skins turn the ball over 4 times in the first half, only for the defense to clamp down in the second half and let JC put us in position to win. Now, JC obviously has to turn those situations into wins and not "almost wins" but the OP's original point was the short passing game helps him. Perhaps he'll be able to seal the deal in Zorn's system.

Face it, you're being super-negative. With your "half-empty" philosophy it's no wonder you seem to think that JC is a bust. Especially with your anti-Redskin posting in general.

if you think jc did good against the lions... what would he have done against the vikes 32nd ranked pass defense?

BTW jason campbell > Patrick Ramsey > tavaris whackson

tavaris already has numerous writers calling for a replacement. there are no mcnabb to redskins rumours, because we have a legit franchise qb... just as legit is eli imo.

when he no huddles, when he throws the deep ball (except to lloyd), and when he gets wco like play calling, he thrives. notice the word THRIVE? its the correct usage for what we are trying to help you understand. jason campbell is on he verge of being a top ten qb.

In order for JC to improve, we need a better running game than a 3.8 yard per carry average. In order for the running game to improve, we need a better passing game and play calling that does not run on 80% of first downs. In order for both to improve we need an O-Line that can give JC protection until the WR's get open, that can keep the front four from exerting pressure or collapsing the pocket by themselves, that can push the pile on first and goal or 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1, that can open up holes for CP, that can block downfield, past the defensive front four.

Even if Thomas and Jansen come back healthy, the ages of our OLine say that it is a longshot to remain healthy all season. If we don't draft it, our OL is not good enough to get us to the SB with JC or CP or any other QB/RB combo.

I am always excited about the next season. But if we don't draft at least two top quality O-Linemen in the first 3 rounds, then reality is going to strike early for me this season. I hope I am 100% wrong.

WTF!

You do know the Detroit Lions' defense was ranked #32 (DEAD LAST) in scoring AND yards! Their pass defense was ranked #31!

I think the point the OP was trying to make - and I'm not just singling you out, you just happened to be the last contrary post - is that the TYPE of game that was played (short timing passes, use of shotgun, spread offense) resulted in a great game for Campbell, and certainly where he looked the most comfortable. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, it's easy to see that JC is most at home in a 3-wide intermediate passing offense. Our best offensive production last year came from running that type of offense.

Hopefully Zorn's WCO will be very similar and more voluminous regarding the spread offense, and result in more of those type of games.

In the Dallas and Philly losses, even though he couldn't quite pull off victories, he looked nothing short of brilliant at times. He tucks and runs in the Dallas game and we find a way to score there...wow. That would've been amazing. Offsetting 4 TO TD's. Anyways...I think Campbell will shine in Zorn's WCO.

I think it's interesting how so many people are hating just to hate - or maybe they just like to see their posts on the net and that makes them feel special - I dunno. There is rarely anything resembling facts or statistics to support the negative comments that are made in this thread. What an amazing concept to actually post an intelligent thought supported by facts...

I have high hopes for Campbell, but I think this is being a bit too optimistic. Hopefully Zorn's scheme will work well with JC. I'd also like to see Zorn help out his release and accuracy since he's got kind of a long wind up to be throwing quick passes all day.

so health doesn't play a factor? :laugh:

-In my opinion a pulled hammy doesn't really effect your catching ability, maybe how your run your routes.

-A large reason for our WR's being able to catch a much higher percentage of Collins passes, was because he knows how to put touch on a throw, rather than throw a 30 yd rocket that nobody can catch

-Or my personal favorite when JC runs a screen and he bullets the ball at CP, rather than floating up an easy pass for the HB to catch.

-Campbell can hopefully learn some touch, but claiming the wide receivers health is what stopped them from catching Campbells passes, is a little bit of a stretch to me. Maybe if Moss or ARE had a broken hand or finger, but both of there injuries were heel/hammy, I don't see either really effecting how you catch a ball with your hands.

What is wrong with some of you people? All haters....seems like some of you haven't watched the games you claim you have. JC is a good quarterback and is going to get better in my opinion. He makes mistakes but who doesn't? Our head coach is a quarterbacks coach who is already working with Campbell for next year.

HAIL!

Archived