Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WRs available in Rounds 3-5

PlayAction

Jordy ran 4.49 in 40 at Combine...seems to play fster then that... didnt seem to really run too hard ....

good pick if we can get him

He was originally projected as a mid-round pick (say 4th or 5th) but with his latest timed speed I think he'll move up. He might cost the Skins a 3rd round pick. You might say that's a lot but Cooley cost a 3rd round pick and he turned out alright for the Skins.

It may have been on that play but overall Aqib Talib isn't a bad CB.

Talib is a question mark for me i don't like drafting Cb's high unless its a sure thing like Champ Bailey,Woodson etc to many question marks mainly the level of competition faced. And Jordy roasted him bigtime that game.

I'm gonna tell you even though he is smallish at 5-10 185lbs Eddie Royal is climbing. The guy did 24 reps at 225lbs, ran a sub 4.4 40 and showed great route running skills. He has always been a dangerous return man with the ability to burn you deep but i seriously think VT Qb's hurt his numbers bigtime.

He was the guy i feared everytime UVA played VT. Mayock said he has been steadily climbing all offseason and is entrenched into the 3rd round.

Skins need a WR but, like many of you, I don't think the Skins need to look for one in the first round.

EXACTLY. Well said.

This thread is more to the point of what we should be looking for. You want to find a diamond in the rough???? Here u go.

I would be really happy if the 'skins drafted Arman Shields from Richmond.

He is 6'1 and very fast.

I know him personally and he is a great guy, humble, but also very talented. The reason nobody is talking about him is because he was hurt for all but one game this past year,and he's from a small program. But he was the best athlete on Richmond's very good football team this past year and had an incredible combine-- he finished no lower than 7th among wide outs in every single category of work outs, including:

7th among wr's in the 40: 4.44 seconds

T 7th in the bench press: 19 reps

T 2nd in the vertical jump: 37.5 inches

2nd in the broad jump: 10'8"

2nd in the 3 cone drill: 6.67 seconds

1st in the 20 yard shuttle: 3.96 seconds

1st in the 60 yard shuttle: 10.87 seconds

If Arman hadn't been hurt, I seriously think that Richmond could have beaten Appalachian State when they played them in the Semifinals this year because he is as good and athletic as Dexter Jackson is.

I would be really happy if the 'skins drafted Arman Shields from Richmond.

He is 6'1 and very fast.

I know him personally and he is a great guy, humble, but also very talented. The reason nobody is talking about him is because he was hurt for all but one game this past year,and he's from a small program. But he was the best athlete on Richmond's very good football team this past year and had an incredible combine-- he finished no lower than 7th among wide outs in every single category of work outs, including:

7th among wr's in the 40: 4.44 seconds

T 7th in the bench press: 19 reps

T 2nd in the vertical jump: 37.5 inches

2nd in the broad jump: 10'8"

2nd in the 3 cone drill: 6.67 seconds

1st in the 20 yard shuttle: 3.96 seconds

1st in the 60 yard shuttle: 10.87 seconds

If Arman hadn't been hurt, I seriously think that Richmond could have beaten Appalachian State when they played them in the Semifinals this year because he is as good and athletic as Dexter Jackson is.

Just noticed this guy. He has a lot of upside after reviewing his combine profile: http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/arman-shields?id=2706

It would be nice to draft a local prospect (Gonzaga), too.

I knew nothing about Jordy Nelson before watching these clips and doing a bit of research. I like him. He seems to run very well after the catch and would bring some toughness to the WR position. He doesnt seem to use his height very well though. At least I didnt see him go up over too many DBs for contested balls in any of the highlights that Ive seen. He would definately be a nice find in the middle rounds IMO.

go ahead lie to yourself and everyone else, tell us he cant play hes to slow or other bs! everytime you watch KSU play this kid POPS! i love when the NFL network boob said he is a Wes Welker like player, oh yeah except he is 6'2' 230ish:cheers:

Ok I only watched about 1 min 30 secs of this and I am sold. Those 1 handed catches and the catch between his legs, and the Falling catch keeping both feet inbound. HE IS AWESOME. I would be ok with getting him and proud to wear a BG Nelson jersey if he could perform the same way for us.

Anyone have thoughts on Arman Shields? He played at richmond and had a monster day at the Combine considering he was an unknown going in.

40 yard dash - 4.4 - 5th best time

bench Press 19 reps, tied for 7th

vertical jumb 37.5 tied for 7th

Broad Jump 10' 8 2nd place

3 cone drill - 6.67 2nd place

20 yard shuttle 3.96 - 1st place

60 yard shuttle 10.87 - 1st place

he impressed alot of people and those numbers are pretty good. he is 6'1 so he has the height we are looking for.

Pretty much any WR you'd get excited about will be long gone by our 3rd round pick.

If we get one that late, it will be someone, you'll be like, "who?", like Edward Williams and/or someone you'll think sucks.

I disagree. A third round pick is a HIGH pick and not just where you hope to find "diamonds in the rough". In the third round you get guys who were incredibly productive in college but for some reason are not considered elite prospects. For example, we got Cooley in the third. He wasn't considered an elite TE because he didn't have elite speed. But, if you look at his college career he was a monster. I'm hoping the Skins are able to get Jordy Nelson and he has as much success with the Skins as Cooley.

IMO, rounds 5-7 are where you look for "diamonds in the rough". Don't forget that there used to be 12 rounds.

Adrian Arrington Scouting Report

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/...rospect_ID=1346

Position: WR

School & Year/Status: Michigan - Junior

Height & Weight: 6'3 - 195 lbs.

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report

Michigan's decision to hire Rich Rodriguez has pushed Adrian Arrington to enter the NFL draft. Arrington could not have asked for a better spring board, having finished his collegiate career with 9 catches, 153 yards and 2 TDs against Florida in the Capital One Bowl. He finished the season with 67 catches for 882 yards and 8 TDs. These stats are excellent, considering he is the second receiver on a run first football team. He averaged 5 catches per game, 13.2 yards per catch, and 67.8 yards per game. Arrington has good size at 6'3" and would make a nice target in the red zone. He has good hands and served as the possession receiver at Michigan. Arrington didn't get much chance to show off his speed, but has plenty of it. His Wolverine career came to an end with totals of 109 catches, 1438 yards, and he scored 16 TDs in just 34 career games. Arrington should find himself taken off the board in the middle rounds of the draft. He's not well known, but Arrington could emerge as a steal. He has the talent to be a number 2 receiver in the NFL.

we are looking for this right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by PlayAction

Skins need a WR but, like many of you, I don't think the Skins need to look for one in the first round.

i agree

jordy is great too, but i think id rather have this guy. use our 2nd round pick, i dont think roy williams is going anywhere, or trade higher up into the 3rd. hes a great possesion receiver - see michigan florida game

Adrian Arrington Scouting Report

http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/...rospect_ID=1346

Position: WR

School & Year/Status: Michigan - Junior

Height & Weight: 6'3 - 195 lbs.

2008 NFL Draft Prospect - Scouting Report

Michigan's decision to hire Rich Rodriguez has pushed Adrian Arrington to enter the NFL draft. Arrington could not have asked for a better spring board, having finished his collegiate career with 9 catches, 153 yards and 2 TDs against Florida in the Capital One Bowl. He finished the season with 67 catches for 882 yards and 8 TDs. These stats are excellent, considering he is the second receiver on a run first football team. He averaged 5 catches per game, 13.2 yards per catch, and 67.8 yards per game. Arrington has good size at 6'3" and would make a nice target in the red zone. He has good hands and served as the possession receiver at Michigan. Arrington didn't get much chance to show off his speed, but has plenty of it. His Wolverine career came to an end with totals of 109 catches, 1438 yards, and he scored 16 TDs in just 34 career games. Arrington should find himself taken off the board in the middle rounds of the draft. He's not well known, but Arrington could emerge as a steal. He has the talent to be a number 2 receiver in the NFL.

we are looking for this right?

The NFLDraftScout's analysis is not as favorable on this guy:

Positives: Tall frame with fair upper body strength. ... Very long arms. ... Good timing and hands on jump balls. ... Makes great catches look easy at times. ... Presents big target to the quarterback. ... Lined up in slot and flanker.

Negatives: A bit thin in the hips. ... Takes time to get to top speed. ... Inconsistent concentration on easier catches or ones over the middle. ... Hasn't proven himself to be a reliable go-to receiver. ... Not especially quick coming into or out of breaks. ... Should sink his hips more. ... Routes needs to be tighter, as he rounds off too many. ... A bit lazy when ball isn't going to him. ... Inconsistent effort on run blocking. ... Lacks experience -- redshirted his true sophomore season with an injury. ... Some off-field issues (domestic assault charge, another undisclosed incident) led to suspension for the 2005 Alamo Bowl and 2007 spring practice.

The NFLDraftScout's analysis is not as favorable on this guy:

Positives: Tall frame with fair upper body strength. ... Very long arms. ... Good timing and hands on jump balls. ... Makes great catches look easy at times. ... Presents big target to the quarterback. ... Lined up in slot and flanker.

Negatives: A bit thin in the hips. ... Takes time to get to top speed. ... Inconsistent concentration on easier catches or ones over the middle. ... Hasn't proven himself to be a reliable go-to receiver. ... Not especially quick coming into or out of breaks. ... Should sink his hips more. ... Routes needs to be tighter, as he rounds off too many. ... A bit lazy when ball isn't going to him. ... Inconsistent effort on run blocking. ... Lacks experience -- redshirted his true sophomore season with an injury. ... Some off-field issues (domestic assault charge, another undisclosed incident) led to suspension for the 2005 Alamo Bowl and 2007 spring practice.

But give the guy a chance, maybe he can show any team something. I think he's learned from his off field stuff. But 6'3 and can mature into a #2, I'd go after him in the later rounds.

But give the guy a chance, maybe he can show any team something. I think he's learned from his off field stuff. But 6'3 and can mature into a #2, I'd go after him in the later rounds.

Bingo.

In the later rounds you aren't going to find guys with favorable scouting reports in every area. That's why they won't be drafted in the 1st/2nd round, though.

Plus, all it takes is one glance at Arrington's highlight reel. He makes some spectacular catches in traffic, which is what is needed for the WCO.

Archived