Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WRs available in Rounds 3-5

PlayAction

go ahead lie to yourself and everyone else, tell us he cant play hes to slow or other bs! everytime you watch KSU play this kid POPS! i love when the NFL network boob said he is a Wes Welker like player, oh yeah except he is 6'2' 230ish:cheers:

I suspect that some NFL executives allow Combine numbers to overcome their better judgement on some players. I believe that if a player dominates in college, he will probably do well in the pros. After all, he is playing against other former college players, for the most part.

Nelson looks like a good one, to me.

Billy Mcmullen

Height/Weight: 6-4/215 | Birthdate: 03/08/1980 | Birthplace: Richmond, VA, USA | Team: Washington | College: Virginia | NFL Experience: 4

another player that could help us out along with Mix

hes jumped around from team to team in his 4 years and theres gotta be a reason for that. i dont think he's the solution for us at WR.

]']Name the top 10 WRs this past season' date=' then look at what round they were drafted in.

Then look at the Top 10 DEs this past season, and look at what round they were drafted in.

Once you do that, you'll realize that the Best WRs were drafted in the 1st round, and the Best DEs came around the 4-6th.[/quote']

Wrong, a lot of the top Wr's were taken beyond round 1.

C Johnson ranked #3, T Owens #5, B Marshall #6, M Colston #8, Welker #11, B Engram #13 T.J. Houshmandzadeh sits at #15, J Cotchery #16, K Curtis at #17, D Mason at #19, D Driver #20, and this does not include that 3 TE's took up spots in the top 20, meaning that only 6 of the top 20 recievers in 2007 were #1 pick WR's. (R. Wayne, R Moss, L Fitzgerald, B Edwards, R White, T Holt)

The Redskins top reciever S. Moss is at #34, and was a first round pick, but he has been out-produced by all of the guys mentioned above, and more that I am not listing because they are outside of the top 20.

Do some research if you are going to present something as factual.

Link: http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RECEIVING&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RECEIVING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

I think Jordy Nelson fits that mold.

Between his 40 speed and what he did to Aqib Talib, I don't think he'll be around by the end of the 3rd round.

Jordy Nelson is one of those Matt Jones-type "sleepers" that everybody knows about. Although, he won't go anywhere near as high as Matt Jones went.

Typically guys like that go higher than projected, but you never know.

I think the point still stands that the guys whose names are being thrown around by a lot of fans before the draft are the guys that tend to go early. I never saw Cooley's name come up in a thread like this before the draft.

There were a couple of people touting guys like Elvis Dumervil or Brandon Marshall, but they were totally ignored. That's the kind of reaction you get to true late-round sleepers before the draft, as opposed to the Matt Jones "sleepers" that everybody loves.

3rd Round pick for the Washington Redskins (Jordy Nelson) from KSU.

I won't be upset if we reach for him a bit and grab him round 2. We need a big guy that can get YAC and that's what he does. Plug Albert in the OL in round 1 and Jordy in round 2 to go with Moss and Randle El and then grab a DL etc in rounds 3-7 I will be very happy.

I won't be upset if we reach for him a bit and grab him round 2. We need a big guy that can get YAC and that's what he does. Plug Albert in the OL in round 1 and Jordy in round 2 to go with Moss and Randle El and then grab a DL etc in rounds 3-7 I will be very happy.

:point2sky YES!!!!! Jordy is what we need!!

Between his 40 speed and what he did to Aqib Talib, I don't think he'll be around by the end of the 3rd round.

Jordy Nelson is one of those Matt Jones-type "sleepers" that everybody knows about. Although, he won't go anywhere near as high as Matt Jones went.

Typically guys like that go higher than projected, but you never know.

I think the point still stands that the guys whose names are being thrown around by a lot of fans before the draft are the guys that tend to go early.

I hear you. Jordy wasn't ever projected as a late round pick so he probably never would qualify as a true "sleeper". Many of us liked Jordy Nelson prior to the combine based solely upon his scout analysis and production. I really don't put too much into his "owning Aquib Talib" as it appeared to me as if Talib just quit on the play (more a knock on Talib than kudos for Nelson). Unfortunately, I think Nelson's combine results boosted his stature with fans. Whether that translates into a higher draft selection by the pros is another question. I'm still hopeful. If Skins can sign Hackett to a reasonable contract and pick up Nelson with their 3rd round pick I'd be very happy. The remaining three picks in rounds 1-3 on OL, DL and CB. Even better.

In later rounds for big WRs there's one guy that stands out for me:

NFL | Hubbard does limited work at Pro Day

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:02:51 -0700

Updating a previous item, Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports University of Wisconsin WR Paul Hubbard measured a height of 6-foot-3 1/4 and a weight of 223 pounds at his Pro Day March 5. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.05 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.12 seconds. He also measured a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and took part in position drills.

Jordy might have to be a 2nd round pick. i just want him in a Skins uni!

I hope this article on FoxSports is a better judge of Jordy Nelson's pick status:

Prospect Profile: Jordy Nelson, Wide Receiver, Kansas State:

Get ready for the comparisons now. Wes Welker. Tim Dwight. Brandon Stokley. You see where I'm going here.

But where exactly does Kansas State's single-season reception record holder fit in the jigsaw puzzle that is the 2008 NFL Draft? The owner of one of the more remarkable single seasons ever had by a receiver was pretty much overshadowed all year by the single season had by a fellow Big 12 wideout — Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree. Nelson, who hauled in a mind-boggling 122 passes last season, will need a strong performance at Kansas State's Pro Day later this month to solidify a spot in the draft's first day. Despite the absolutely gaudy college statistics, the All-American receiver clocked a ho-hum 4.51 40-yard-dash at the combine in February and didn't wow in any of the other physical tests. Another red flag for Nelson could be a sprained PCL suffered in 2006 that held him back for much of his junior season.

Though he is all over the Kansas State record books and did pretty much everything he could as a college senior in '07 to impress the NFL scouts, there's still a strong chance Nelson slips through the cracks and is taken after several less accomplished — but potentially more athletic — wideouts come April.

My thoughts? Look for the 6-foot-3 220-pound Nelson to go somewhere in the middle of the third round to a team looking for a reliable over-the-middle guy and a solid underneath option.

You know, like a Wes Welker or a Brandon Stokley.

Perhaps 82nd to Minnesota or 92nd to Dallas makes the most sense.

In later rounds for big WRs there's one guy that stands out for me:

NFL | Hubbard does limited work at Pro Day

Tue, 11 Mar 2008 00:02:51 -0700

Updating a previous item, Gil Brandt, of NFL.com, reports University of Wisconsin WR Paul Hubbard measured a height of 6-foot-3 1/4 and a weight of 223 pounds at his Pro Day March 5. He ran the 40-yard dash in 4.42 seconds, the short shuttle in 4.05 seconds and the three-cone drill in 7.12 seconds. He also measured a 39 1/2-inch vertical jump and took part in position drills.

The Pro Day results look good. But NFLDraftcountdown didn't have a good writeup on the guy. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/wr/paulhubbard.html. Skins could always use a late pick and see if they can coach him up.

I hope this article on FoxSports is a better judge of Jordy Nelson's pick status:

Prospect Profile: Jordy Nelson, Wide Receiver, Kansas State:

Get ready for the comparisons now. Wes Welker. Tim Dwight. Brandon Stokley. You see where I'm going here.

But where exactly does Kansas State's single-season reception record holder fit in the jigsaw puzzle that is the 2008 NFL Draft? The owner of one of the more remarkable single seasons ever had by a receiver was pretty much overshadowed all year by the single season had by a fellow Big 12 wideout — Texas Tech's Michael Crabtree. Nelson, who hauled in a mind-boggling 122 passes last season, will need a strong performance at Kansas State's Pro Day later this month to solidify a spot in the draft's first day. Despite the absolutely gaudy college statistics, the All-American receiver clocked a ho-hum 4.51 40-yard-dash at the combine in February and didn't wow in any of the other physical tests. Another red flag for Nelson could be a sprained PCL suffered in 2006 that held him back for much of his junior season.

Though he is all over the Kansas State record books and did pretty much everything he could as a college senior in '07 to impress the NFL scouts, there's still a strong chance Nelson slips through the cracks and is taken after several less accomplished — but potentially more athletic — wideouts come April.

My thoughts? Look for the 6-foot-3 220-pound Nelson to go somewhere in the middle of the third round to a team looking for a reliable over-the-middle guy and a solid underneath option.

You know, like a Wes Welker or a Brandon Stokley.

Perhaps 82nd to Minnesota or 92nd to Dallas makes the most sense.

Tim Dwight is 5-8

Wes Welker is 5-9

Brandon Stokely is 5-11

All are white.... and

Jordy Nelson is 6-3. the only thing he has in common with the other 3 is skin color. None of them put up stats like he has in college. They are not his size and body type either. Who wrote that for FOX, Bill O'reilly?

I sure hope he doesnt end up a Cowboy in round 3. I would not be happy.

Archived